Window Tint Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window Tint Warranty?

Ok, I'm looking to cash in on my window tint warranty. Well, not literally, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the job my installer did. There isn't anything actually wrong with the job, it's just they threw a tiny gold (ugh!) Llumar sticker in the corner of the passenger window without me knowing about it. I'm doubting they would re-do the window just because of that sticker, but I really don't want it there.

So my question is, what's the best way to force them to redo the window without the sticker? I'm guessing I should see about peeling back part of the tint and say it's falling off and leaving them no choice to replace the film. If I were to go this route, whats the best way to mess up my tint without them knowing I actually did it.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I would be up front with them. If you didn't ask for the sticker to be placed there then they should take it off and tint your window again.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I agree completely with focus.

The kind of failure your warrenty covers is probably against fading, color changes or "bubbles". I don't know of any way you could make these things happen. They generally will not warrent against scratching and I doubt you could make "peeling" look convincing.

Just go talk to them and try to be pleasant about it. Don't get in their face! Try to talk to the owner/manager if you can too. Make sure they know you really like the work and are just sorry they didn't ask your permission for the sticker (a form of advertisement). And, if they don't replace it, don't get mad then either.

- Jack

Old 04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I would go talk to them, I have been tinting windows for 4 years and the owner tht I work for for 16 years, we know when you tamper with it, we know when its rolled down to soon, We also pull off all stickers and never put anything on unless we consult the customer first. This bein said we would not have done it, but had we, we would fix it for free. Jsut be straight up and honest, also the only reason I could see them putting that sticker is for warranty purposes, and to match the film correctly if you lost your paperwork and your window got busted

Quick Reply: Window Tint Warranty?