Steel Horse Grille

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-1999, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Steel Horse Grille

Has anyone put a steel horse billet grille on their F150? I wanted to see if anyone had problems with them and what people think about them. And if u have one, about how much u paid for it so i dont get ripped off.

Old 07-23-1999, 12:57 AM
I have one on my truck, I really like the look but I have a problem with it vibrating at higher speeds. It sounds like a whistle from air going through it. As for cost, I got mine at a few dollars over cost as the dealer I bought it from made a mistake when they ordered it.

As for the install, it was a pain in the ***. I bought the replacement for the grill and insert for the bumper. One other thing when I recieved the order the first time, it was missing several of the bolts and nuts. Make sure you check the nuts and bolts before you start the install.

Randy

------------------
'98 XLT SC, 4.2V6, 4spd Auto, BugflectorII, 50th Aniversery Flooor Mats, K&N Filter, Hard Tonneau Cover, Billet Grill and Insert, Sony CDX-6850 Head Unit, Soundstream Rubicon 405 Amp, JBL GTO 5x7's All 4 Doors, Qlogic 8" sub-enclosure with Kicker Punch XLC Woofer,SuperBrite Bulb Replacements...and More Mods to Come

http://206.170.51.68/truck

Old 07-23-1999, 08:21 AM
Have you checked your temperature gauge after the install? Does it raise your temp gauge higher than before the conversion?

I have been thinking about doing this, just concerned with running the truck hotter since I tow a boat.

Old 07-23-1999, 08:21 AM
Have you checked your temperature gauge after the install? Does it raise your temp gauge higher than before the conversion?

I have been thinking about doing this, just concerned with running the truck hotter since I tow a boat.

Old 07-23-1999, 08:23 AM
Sorry for the duplicate... But lately when I submit a post it says page not found, then I submit it again at it shows both of them. I will try to ignore hte page not found message to prevent duplicates. Sorry again...

------------------
~~
Keith Monton
1999 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L
(K&N Filter Charger,Gibson 3" Exhaust,just ordered SuperChip)
1987 Buick Grand National
(Let's just say 11.07 is not bad)

Old 07-23-1999, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info forgeur. I'll probably end up buying it because of the price. One more thing: Anyone know how much a color keyed grille surround cost from the dealer or if there is anywhere else u can get them?

Old 07-23-1999, 10:47 AM
Lightbulb

isallgood; I think Autozone can get you a "color-keyed" style grill, but it will probably have to be painted. Or you could find a wrecked truck in a salvge yard the same color as you truck and get the grill off it.

Old 07-23-1999, 01:07 PM
I bought the color matched grille for my truck from Ford seems like I paid about $140 or $150 dollars. Very easy to install and makes a HUDGE improvement in the way the truck looks.

Old 07-23-1999, 05:43 PM
Dreamer7, did u buy the whole thing grille and surround together or did u get them seperately? I was down at the dealership and they said the honeycombe and mesh grille come with the color keyed surround part already on it. im wondering if the steel horse grille from websites come with the surrounding part or seperately?

Quick Reply: Steel Horse Grille