I'm helpin my friend, and i need help......

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 03:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LLoverCrazyJay: Since your friend's boxes have tweeters and will be playing full range sound you need either a 4 channel amp running in bridged mode (effectively 2 channel), or a 2 channel amp. "A" channel to left speaker, "B" channel to right speaker.

The choice is up to you. If you friend will get a truck with a supercab in the future than perhaps get the 4 channel amp so you can use it for front/rear speakers and buy something bigger for a more powerful subwoofer setup.

When buying stuff always think ahead or how you can use that component in your next system.

I wouldn't recommend a class-D amplifier when powering a full-range signal. For the bass only it's fine but class-D produce a lot of THD% distortion at higher frequencies, unless it is class-T and has www.tripath.com chipset.

Always look for watts rms power, peak power means nothing. You could buy a 2000 watts peak power amplifier and it only makes maybe 70watts rms x 2 = 140 watts total "real" power. There are absolutely NO standards for "peak" power. So basically it COULD produce 2000 watts but for 0.000001 seconds.

Old 04-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, oh, the tweeters in the box, they will be disconected. he's got the stuff on order, but crutchfield is bein ****ty. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: I'm helpin my friend, and i need help......