running 2-channels bridged to 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
running 2-channels bridged to 1

Hey guys my amp and sub should be getting here by thursday and I've pretty much got it all figured out except one detail.

When running a 2-channel amplifier in bridged mode to power the sub do I still connect the left and right channels to the amp? So the bass will come from both channels instead of just picking one.

I'll be using the pre-amp outputs on the headunit.

Thanks,
Frank

Old 10-31-2001, 07:45 AM
If you are using a single voice coil sub and the amp is bridgeable, you will hookup the positive speaker lead to the positive terminal on one channel of the amp and the negative speaker lead to the negative terminal on the other amp channel. Read the owners manual of the amp to make sure which channel to use for positive and negative. The amp should have the proper markings for bridged mode on the terminal block, too.

Old 10-31-2001, 09:21 AM
my concern is with the connection from the headunit to the amplifier. using the preamp outputs on the headunit will I plug in both the left and right channels? or just the left one or just the right one?

Old 10-31-2001, 09:18 PM
Sorry, didn't read the question right. You will use both left and right inputs from the HU.

Quick Reply: running 2-channels bridged to 1