Ok so I am really slow

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ok so I am really slow

I got in on the group buy for the Stereo Integrity BM MKIII buy a long time ago and bought one . I built the box and wired the sub and dropped it in. I never got around to covering the box or installing it in my truck.
I also bought an amp by Planet Audio that is the BB175.4B which is a 4 channel digital amp that is 4x195watts WRMS at 2ohms and 4x140watts at 4ohms. It is not one ohm stable. Is this amp junk? I know that it is not the correct amp for the sub.
I am ready to get the sub in my truck. Help me pick an amp please. Also any recommendations on where to purchase would be great.
My head unit is a Pioneer AVIC X920BT
I was looking at purchasing a set of components for the front doors.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Price range for the amp? Also the bm is a single 4ohm sub right?

As for the planet audio amp, it's not a bad amp they're just known to get decently hot and not put out rated power.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM
The BM is a 4ohm dual voice coil. My buddy told me that I need any type of inexpensive mono amp that is stable at 2 ohms. He said that there are lots of them out there for pretty cheap and that I dont need anything top of the line because bass doesnt have to sound perfect since there is not complicated notes being replicated?
I was thinking about buying from SonicElectronix however I am uneasy because I dont want to get something that is refurbished or "grey market". Opinions on that?
I was looking at a Rockford Fosgate P400-1. The amp is a nicer model and not the cheaper Prime units that RF makes.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Your buddy is wrong about not needing a decent amp. The BM is a amazing sq sub, it's not cheap, and they're very hard to find so I would not pair a cheap amp with it and risk damaging that sub. However he is right you need an amp that's stable at 2ohms.

I've never had a problem with the stuff I've ordered from sonic, and they do list everything that's refurbed for the most part, the only bad thing about them is they're not a authorized dealer for all their products so some won't come with a manufacturer warranty, however sonic is pretty good about giving their own warranty with the stuff they sell.

That rockford amp would actually be perfect for the BM, you'd just have to cut the gain back some because that amp probably does more like 450ish rms at 2ohms.

Definitely don't cheap out on the amp, sending a clipped signal to the sub could damage it and would definitely cause some unwanted distortion.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Great. The RMS power handling of the sub is 450watts RMS. I found the box that it came in and double checked it on the Stereo Integrity website. The amp should give it all the power that it needs and more than what I really need.
Next up is to find a set of components for the front doors.

Quick Reply: Ok so I am really slow