1 or 1/2 ohm stable amp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1 or 1/2 ohm stable amp?

I am looking for a mono channel sub amp that is capable of being 1 ohm or at most .5 ohm stable. Does anyone know of n amp that is capable of this? I am wanting about 500 watts RMS and a peak of no more than 1000. Thanks.

------------------
00 Black Lightning
No mods yet
00 Honda Civic
01 Pontiac Grand AM GT

Old 11-29-2000, 11:50 AM
Talking

Your best bet is one of the new Kicker DX amps. http://www.kicker.com

-AR

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT 4X4 Off-Road, S/C, FS, Black[*] 4.6L Triton V8 HPI[*] 5 Speed / 3:55 Reg. Axle[*] Keyless[*] Premium Audio CD

Mods:[*] K&N Cold Airbox / Throttle Body Mod.[*] Flowmaster 40 (3" x 20" "Turn-Down") [*] Cranked Torsion Bars[*] APC XENON PLASMA Super Whites[*] Bugshield[*] Bedliner[*] Ventshades[*] "Light Argent" 4X4 Off-Road Decals[*] K&N & Flowmaster Stickers (Under the Hood)

Audio:[*] Rockford Fosgate G360A2 Punch Amp[*] JL 12W3-D2 (JL ProWedge Box)

Build Date: 8/23/00 (Kansas City Plant)

arobbins@mail.liberty.k12.mo.us

Old 11-29-2000, 04:54 PM
I have a Kicker Dx 700 that I'm using now until my pheonix gets done and I'm not that impressed with it. My zx500 puts out alot more power. Try a pheonix gold ZPA 0.3. These are pheonix's big bad A$$es. I've used alot of amps in my day and I love pheonix gold. If you looking for a strickly mono amp then also try a earthquake digital amp. There about 700 bucks but they can do some sick power. Thy'll do like 2000 watts if you want it to. There smaller then the dx's too. The big kicker dx 1400 will put out 1400 watts at 1 ohm but its more expesive then the pheonix and earthquake. Go with the pheonix, you will love it. The digital mono technology is new so there's not to many companys out there with it yet. Xtant makes one too but I don't think It did that much power. You won't find a pheonix gold ZPA on there site but ask a dealer, they might still have one. They are the *****.

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Old 11-30-2000, 05:55 PM
Wink

RTKilla, I got your back on this one. PhoenixGold is on top of it's game. I have also been through a few amps and they are by far the cleanest. They are also more effiecnt than most other amps. IMO they are better than anything. Rockford, Kicker, Orion, Memphis, Alpine, those are just the ones that I've owned. I'm not sayin that these amps arnt any good, they make good paperweights.--JUST KIDDING-- All of these amps have there VERY good points, but the PhoenixGold has ALL of the good points.

------------------
1997 F150 4.2 4x2 X-CAB Flareside Black
With all of that out of the way, lets get to the good stuff:
STEREO: Special thanks to Josh & Popps @ www.radio-active.org [*]H/Unit SONY Xplod ES CDX-M750[*] F/Speakers Rockford's Fanatic Q Components FNQ2514(THEY SUCK AND ARE NOW GONE)[*] NEW F/speakers are Memphis studios 5X7[*] R/Speakers Rockford's FRC1257 5x7[*] Sub:PheonixGold XS 10" in prefab box under bench seat w/o lift.[*] Memphis Amp ST3004 with front channels running seperates and rear channel running the sub. 5x7 running off H/U
I'm going to change my whole set up.
Under D'Hood:[*] Only a K&N filter.
Its lame, you have to start somewhere right? Trust me, I dream BIG.
On D'Skin:[*] Bug Deflector[*] One Vent Visior, other fell off[*] windshield sticker for www.radio-active.org [*] Hyperwhite headlight bulbs[*] Clear quarter & back glass for an even tint. Thanks Progressive![*] Custom door dings from some A$$HOLE in a parking lot on both sides.
At the moment I am running pretty stock on the outside, but the truck is clean and I have even BIGGER ideas for the outside. SC just got one step closer a lottery so maybe there is still hope.
LINKS:
www.radio-active.org
www.roadarmor.com I said I have big dreams right?
www.nookie.com

[This message has been edited by F150Degrees (edited 11-30-2000).]

Old 11-30-2000, 11:21 PM
Audiobahn HC amps, you won't be disappointed, and .5ohm No Problem! any questions let me know.

BTW: I change my system every couple of months, I get to try and demo lots of equipment.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill (custom chrome insert), Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. DJM control arms, Toxic shocks, Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Pioneer 7000cd, 9000R main unit, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Audiobahn 6.5 Comp Fr/R, Stealth Sub Enclosure, Alpine 100M amp. Clifford Avantguard G4, fully Dynamatted from front to rear, Nav tail lights, smooth wiper cowl, 2000 console, rear roll pan, CCUSA rear wing, wings west fender flare kit, white face gauges.

[This message has been edited by Slammed Expy (edited 11-30-2000).]

Quick Reply: 1 or 1/2 ohm stable amp?