Help with type of CAPACITOR

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Well, there are some massive scientific style studies by hardcore electrical engineers that do prove with science that caps can actually hurt you overall. It has to do with the fact that the "capacity" of caps isn't even remotely as applicable as it would seem, due to the way electricity flows and how you can't store it at a voltage above what it is getting (or something to that effect).

I used to run caps, now I just let them collect dust in my garage
That "Scientific Study" is crap. The caps actually dont hurt you like CA.com, and a couple other sites say. They are so off base its not even funny.

And give ya something to think about. If they are so bad, then why use them inside the amps and computers??? Also they are meant to oppose a change in voltage... Kinda like a 2nd battery...

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 AM
ya they arnt going to hurt ya, but they won't help you either if your charging system is weak.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
ya they arnt going to hurt ya, but they won't help you either if your charging system is weak.
I disagree. It wont help tremendously but it will help take a load off everything else.

The cap (when playing music) will let the voltage come from it first (during heavy notes) then the battery but due to its low ESR and low current needs it charges almost immediately. During (weak notes) it will sip off the battery even ing its self off while the amps feed off the cap.
Its kinda an average thing.

Read the article with the RF 15kW cap/amp. It ran the 15,000W amp off of a 10 ga once charged. All because of the cap.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
doesn't matter how you cut it, if your alternator isnt up to snuff everything else downstream doesn't matter, eventually it's gonna need to be recharged

Quick Reply: Help with type of CAPACITOR