Where did you mount your bass knob?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bangingd
Hey Styxnpicks, another question from a noob. If you set the max level on the amp itself will the remote pot only attenuate from that max level or override it?

I was thinking that if I tune with the amp pot to max without distortion with remote pot at full max it would only bring level down. Wouldn't that be safe?

I don't want some body to be able to play with the remote and end up with fried sub .

Thanks
I wouldn't risk it, every amps differents, i'm sure some of the better amps SHOULD work that way, but the cheap ones might not, you never know till you start tinkering

Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
On MOST remote gains, the MAX setting on the remote is equal to where you have the gain on the amplifier set. Turning it down will just adjust it from there.

I love remote gain.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll admit on one of my old setups, the remote bass **** used to save me from sound violations. The cops used to write tickets for too loud of bass all the time down here. Drive by a cop and just cut the bass quick.

To the OP, Im not sure how the change holder comes out, but that would be a nice setup if you could mount your remote **** in there cleanly.

Good luck, and be sure to post pics once completed,

Devildog101

Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
yea I dont have a coin holder since I have a 4x4 but that would be a nice place for those that do. I have been thinking bout in the ash tray or in the center console pr under the dash maybe. Im not sure about mounting it in a permanent spot somewhere on the dash in case I sell the truck and take out the stereo.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
you set the gains properly and then use the H/U to control the bass, the bass **** is usually nothing more than a remote gain ****, krank it up and your bound to fry something
Absolutely. Buy a decent headunit and you'll be fine. Set your amps to when it sounds best about a little less than half volume on the H/U, at least that's what I always do, anyone else could chime in how they set theirs. And then fine tune it all from your H/U and it will sound great on low volume and **** will hit the fan when it's cranked up.

Quick Reply: Where did you mount your bass knob?