Wiring Questions. 06 Scab

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring Questions. 06 Scab

I've got an 06 Supercab.

So far I've got a Jensen VM9312TS.

I installed the Infinity Kappa 6x8's, RMS 100 watts. I'm gonna wiring them up to an amp soon.

My question is where do I start with the wiring? The amp will be under my passenger seat, can anyone give me detailed instructions on where to start with wiring to the doors? I know how to remove the door panels/grilles and all that, thats not a problem.

Also, what kind of wiring should I be using? I'll be leaving the stock speaker wiring in there, in case in the future I decide to put the stereo back to stock before I sell my truck.

What would you guys recommend as far as RCA cables and wiring for my speakers and subs? I'm also putting two Pioneer TS-SW1241D subs in.

Amp wiring power kits?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by WilsonXXX; 07-19-2007 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 AM
your question is sortof vague... are you wanting to know where to tie into the speaker wires? is so, the easiest place is behind the head unit...tap in there and run back to the amp..this keeps the stock speaker wires in place and facilitates an easy swap back to swap..

Old 07-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
your question is sortof vague... are you wanting to know where to tie into the speaker wires? is so, the easiest place is behind the head unit...tap in there and run back to the amp..this keeps the stock speaker wires in place and facilitates an easy swap back to swap..
What do you mean? Connect new wires to the ones that are going from the head unit to the speakers?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Easiest way to route all the interior wiring is under the sill plates. From your speaker amp to the drivers side I would fish the wire under the carpet right infront of the seats over to the drivers side sill plate.
Speaker wire through the grommet from the cab to the door just takes some persuasion with a coat hanger or peice of wire. If you have the plugs that plug into the door though you will have to drill out empty pins to run your new wire through.

How much power are you going to be pushing to your door speakers? 16 gauge is usually perfectly fine for door speakers. For the subs, again I dont know how much power your going to be running, but for a lot of people 12 gauge is generally ok.

For wiring, there are tons of places. As long as you get a nice well known brand name you are usually fine. I got a real nice Kicker amp kit off eBay, and all my speaker wire and RCAs are from KnuKoncepts. Stinger, Streetwires, etc are all nice companies too.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the help.

To the speakers I'll be running 100x4.
To the subs I'll be running 450x2.

Exactly what RCA's do I need for a 2 channel and 4 channel amp?

Old 07-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by WilsonXXX
Thanks for the help.

To the speakers I'll be running 100x4.
To the subs I'll be running 450x2.

Exactly what RCA's do I need for a 2 channel and 4 channel amp?

16 gauge for the doors and 12 for the subs is easily enough for you then.

Not sure what you mean by the RCAs exactley... You can just get 3 regular 'ol 2 channel RCA's, or else get one 2 channel RCA and one 4 channel RCA.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Hmm k.

I meant brand wise, Monster Cable?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:30 PM
DRJ
Wiring

Monster is a good brand but pricey, Tsunami is good. I work at Circuit City and we got anything from worthless cheap RCA's to high end ones. I believe
that a good 2 ch costs 29 bucks and good 4 ch start at 49. Just look at the cable, if they look thick and sturdy with sturdy plugs to match chances are you're good.
Make sure you run your audio signal cables (RCA's/speaker wire) on the opposite side of the power to reduce your chance of picking up engine noise. The remote turn on cable doesn't carry enough of a current to affect your signal so you can run that on either side.
on my 05 f150 there is a large grommet behind the gas pedal on the firewall right underneath the carpet that you can run your power wire through. then you can run the wire through where the wire cluster runs to the passenger side above the engine.
Lemme know if n e thing man! Get to it!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the help man. Once my boxes are finished I'll order my amps and start wiring everything. :]

Old 07-22-2007, 09:05 PM
I wouldnt even touch Monster RCAs personally.

www.knukonceptz.com
Check them out...for the money you arent going to get much better of an RCA. I have there bottom of the line 7 dollar RCA's and they are better than 80 percent of the $25+ RCAs out there. 20 bucks is about as much as I will spend on a pair of 2 channel RCAs...there is just a price point were your not gaining anything over the next set of RCAs except maybe a name.
RCAs are RCAs for the most part, just dont get cheaply made ones (that doesnt mean cheaply priced though)

Quick Reply: Wiring Questions. 06 Scab