Profile California series amp

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Profile California series amp

Hey guys, Im upgrading my stereo system, and, I'v found an amp (12" Kicker comp vr), but I havent been thinkin about amps to much. So, I was lookin through a crutchfeild catalog, and found a Profile California series amp. Its the CA800 model. click Found It cheaper here at Ike.
So How are these amps? are they reliable/dependable and such.
Any info and oppinions on them appreiciated.
thanx

Old 11-20-2003, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a word, no. Granted, for the price you pay for that amp you will get ok at best performance. However, it will not do it's rated power. Will it drive the subs you chose, yes. What my suggestion to you would be is to look at another amp such as a Kicker, Hifonics, Rockford, Alpine, Soundstream, Zapco or someone similar that you can get an amp at roughly the same price. By going with one of the better companies out there you will get a better quality amp with just as much or more power with accurate or low ratings. Take for example the Kicker 200.2 which happens to be close to the same price. The Kicker amp is rated at 50 x 2 @ 4 ohm 100 x 2 @ 2 ohm or 200 x 1 4 ohm mono. These ratings are RMS ratings that are pretty accurate or may even be a little below what the amp could actually do RMS into the same loads. Now, look at the Profile, same price or close, rated at 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 300 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms, 600 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms. Now being realistic, the Profile will probably come close to producing those numbers but they will be peak output and not RMS. Ratings specs are the most abused thing in car audio today and for the most part little about them can be trusted. The companies like Profile, Pyramid, Acoustik, and Pyle along with many others all know that there are many people impressed by big numbers and is the reason the companies put them out. Keep in mind that everything in car audio, home audio, car sales, home sales, washer/dryer, refrigerator, or whatever all boils down to you getting what you paid for. Spend a dollar and you get a dollars worth, same thing here. So if your going to spend $120-150 then at least buy something of higher quality and you will be happier in the long run.

Old 11-20-2003, 04:33 AM
I just couldnt stand seeing cgorris with the newest post in every audio board on here....

I installed a CA600 into my brother's ext cab f150. It is running a pair of PPI C2 10s under the rear seat. Wired them up for 4ohm mono to the amp. Damn near no output. Just as you think they are going to start making a reasonable amount of output the amp goes straight into clipping and the subs go nuts. The crossover is total utter crap to boot. Very **** poor amp but it does come with some nice white cotton gloves.

Old 11-20-2003, 07:27 AM
Hey Deus!

Gotcha again.

That's what happens when I work the midnight-8 shift and nobody else seems to be posting.

Quick Reply: Profile California series amp