calling Franzia

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question calling Franzia

Hey,
I have read your post about the jack movement, and that you have a box from subbox.net, which I am intrested in ordering from. I have an 03' ext cab XLT. The box I want is for the single 10", which I am assuming is the one that you have?
Anyway this box locates behind the drivers seat?
Which is good because I do not want to move my jack! Paint the butt!
Anyway I was hoping to put one amp under a seat, but I have those dam wires too. It looks like I might be able to squeeze an amp under there by jus moving on of the wirest to the side. Like maybe pull it up out of the carpet and have it run along the bottom of the seat? giving more room to fit an amp.
The second problem is running the wires to the amp, with those dam seat brackets! How do you snake the wires under the brackets? anyone done this? I couldnt figure out a way so I installed by amp on the floor, and in sight, and it got stolen, so now i want a hidden subbox and a hidden amp!!!!!
Anyway sorry for the long post

thanks for any responses,
Jim

Pics of my old setup

Old 10-06-2003, 09:09 AM
Message to neck4752

Neck4752 this is franzia. You are correct. I have the box from subbox.net under my drivers side rear seat. I have an MTX RT1004 10" speaker installed in it. It does pretty well for just one ten. The amp install, well that's a differnet story. Mine are under the rear passenger side seat, which you already know. So the wiring is run down the passenger side area under the carpet. As far as getting your wires under you seat. I can't answer that. If you get your amp installed under your seat, please let me know. Are you just installing one? Please let me know.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Thumbs up thanks for the reply Franzia

Yes I am installing just one amp, RF Power 551X, this will send 275 watss to the sub and about seventy to each component set.
Anyway I hope to have it all done soon, like within the month, but I need to have factory parts replaced by the dealer, like the carpet and dash, so it could be sometime. DAM crooks, took my **** and abused my truck!!
Anyway You say that one 10" box sounds good huh? How is the fit under the seats back there, is there a cut out for the iron seat support part?

Thanks for the response tho man,

Jim

Old 10-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Franzia do u have pics?

I am curious how the half box looks back there.
Thanks

Jim

Old 10-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Neck4752

Neck4752,

I was going to respond yesterday before I left work and the F150 server was busy. So I will tell you this morning that the box does have a cut out for the seat bracket. It is a tight fit under the seat, but it does fit. I got my box covered in the standard gray carpet, but I bet if you got the carpet colored matched, it would look like it was stock. The box slants out from just under the seat to probably a inch until it hits the floor. I have two kids that ride back there and no leg room problems. I don't know about adults though. I don't have any pictures to show you, but I think it looks nice. Also remember that the sub you buy can't have more then 5.5" of depth. So you are kinda limited to what you buy. The only problem I had with the box is when I first got it one of the corners was broke. Did not effect the main part so I didn't care. It looked like it happened in shipping. The way they pack the thing leaves little to be desired. Also, I felt that they did not do that good of a job sealing it. So I went through the whole box and sealed it, but the box got leaks because of my job so I had the local stereo shop fill it with fiberglass resin. A box inside a box if you will. That thing is so air tight now, that my bass is much more accurate. These are just things to think about before you buy.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:16 PM
thanks franzia

hey thanks for the info.
I have a 10" elemental designs sub with a mounting depth of 5.25, so I am all set there.
What should I use to seal the box over better, and how do you go about doing this?

Thanks for the replies Franzia

Jim

Old 10-08-2003, 06:25 AM
Neck4752 sealing your sub box

Neck4752,

The place I took my box to used fiberglass resin and hardner because it flowed very well to reach every where, but then hardens and seals very effectively. I tried just plain old silicone sealer and had no luck with that. I heard of people using liquid nails to seal sub boxes too. I guess your best bet, if you want to do it yourself, is to go to your local home improvement store and ask someone there. Good like. Let me know how you make out.

Old 10-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Question so the subbox.net boxes dont give tight bass

So you think I should go with something other than subbox.net, or should I get that and try and seal it myself?
How much did it cost you to have the inside sealed with fiberglass?

Thanks
Jim

Old 10-10-2003, 01:54 PM
It cost 35.00

neck4752,

It cost me $35 to have it sealed. So add that to the $158 for the box with shipping, and you will have a pretty expensive box for just one sub. If I had to do it all over again, I would not buy the same box. I would go to probox or jlaudio or even have one custom made.

Quick Reply: calling Franzia