Rough Idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 05:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Idle

I just bought 2021 F150 from Classic Ford Lincoln of Columbia and after a week i had rough idle issue, I spoke to my salesman and he said shaking is normal for for F150, Even the service technician they said is normal because they don’t see any code from the computer, We made a comparison with other 3.5 ecb truck from the parking lot and all of them are running smooth, my salesman said ‘ I cannot help you with that’ I’m so upset and with their action.. Any suggestion will be really appreciated..

Old 05-30-2021, 10:23 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Have you spoken with the service *manager*?

Old 05-30-2021, 11:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
At this point, I'd escalate it to the owner of the dealership.

I don't know about Classic Ford Lincoln of Columbia, SC, but I know where I go, I had the owner of the dealership personally process my maintenance I had on my truck 2 weeks ago. He could've easily given it to one of the minions to take care of. We chatted for a bit and I was on my way. Nice enough to notice how nice my truck looked and complimented me on it.

What I'm getting at, is any major issues, I take it up with him. I don't like to play games.

Old 05-30-2021, 03:02 PM
Thanks fellows, I will try one more in proper channel like talking to service manager before I escalate the situation, my only point is.. my truck is brand new and under warranty and they took no action.. how do I trust them in more bigger issues..I hate to play games with them because I valued every single penny that I paid for my truck.. thanks

Old 05-30-2021, 04:07 PM

I can tell you from experience, it's all in how you act and how you handle the situation.

Eventually they will get the truck right with enough persistence.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Why are you talking to a salesman about a mechanical issue? Do you consult the janitor for mud on your tires? Salesmen are just that. They are only interested in the end of the month sales numbers. They have no training in service and you shouldn't cut the service manager out making him feel that he is in any way diminished and untrusted. Go straight to the service manager and begin the documentation process. Your salesman has already completed his portion of the paperwork and he doesn't get paid for service writing or wrenching.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Rough Idle

I have not bought a new Ford in years, but used to buy one every year. In my experience, when a dealer provides NO satisfaction for a problem, you call the District Rep. They make an appointment and come to your home. They take care of issues from that point. They represent Ford Motor Company. That is how it used to be handled.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:29 PM

They also used to have a rep here on the forums named Crystal. It's odd how things have changed. You'd think with the advent of today's world, it's like going one step backwards. Very strange.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by pctours
I have not bought a new Ford in years, but used to buy one every year. In my experience, when a dealer provides NO satisfaction for a problem, you call the District Rep. They make an appointment and come to your home. They take care of issues from that point. They represent Ford Motor Company. That is how it used to be handled.
Do you have any idea how to find out who that rep is in your area?
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-26-2022, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by BPAmeric
I just bought 2021 F150 from Classic Ford Lincoln of Columbia and after a week i had rough idle issue, I spoke to my salesman and he said shaking is normal for for F150, Even the service technician they said is normal because they don’t see any code from the computer, We made a comparison with other 3.5 ecb truck from the parking lot and all of them are running smooth, my salesman said ‘ I cannot help you with that’ I’m so upset and with their action.. Any suggestion will be really appreciated..
Same problem with my 2021 F150 3.5 eco boost. Engine replaced in less than a year, and now I have a continuous rough idle issue and Ford has not done a thing to resolve unfortunately

Quick Reply: Rough Idle