2015 - 2020 F-150

Brand New 2019 F150 with 40 Mph vibration issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New 2019 F150 with 40 Mph vibration issue

2019 F150 Crewcab, 5.5 bed, FX4, 3.5 eco boost. 7 MILES on it. While driving it home noticed a vibration that seems to hit about 40 Mph. You feel it in your seat, doesn't feel like tires.

I googled this issue and WOAH.... Does Ford really have a big issue, And no fixes? Owners are listing horror stores of dealers replacing, wheels, tires, drive lines, carrier bearings.

Love the truck, but not happy. Anyone dealing with this?

Old 12-26-2019, 11:13 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Stupid question, but didn't you drive it before you bought it?

Old 12-26-2019, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Stupid question, but didn't you drive it before you bought it?
The test drive was short.... the drive home was 40 minutes long. When you are on a test drive you are busy evaluating everything else on the truck. You certainly wouldn't expect this from a brand new truck.

Old 12-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
How much vibration are we talking?

Is it where you are going to lose control? Or is just a slight vibration?

All my vehicles vibrate going down the road. My '07 F150 vibrates at certain speeds -- done it since it was new. Even been through a set of tires on it, and same results - maybe even more pronounced.

If it's the latter of the two, I wouldn't worry or care about it. It's a truck.

Old 12-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Some users have fixed the issue by driving it on a long trip. Others chose to replace the far too tight U-joints with non-Ford, after market parts. That's for the newer trucks. The ones that have developed vibrations later in the life of the rig have had issues with lack of maintenance, road hazards causing issues with wheels, bad tires, etc. but chose to blame Ford for the problem. Kinda obvious when a truck has 75,000 miles on the clock and the issue starts up. As far as I know, no car maker warrants wearable parts and while I would agree that the design of the U-joints and driveshaft is kinda crappy, it has shown to be a long life unit, many with close to 500,000 trouble free miles. Sorry you're having the issue but then there is no trouble free new truck on the market. You could have bought a GM with their rear axles that the pinion gear does not align with a crooked ring gear. I have a bud with one of those. Or you could have bought a Ram with a host of electrical gremlins that can't be fixed or even ended up with one of their rigs that has the start assist. A small electric motor that is charged by the deceleration of the truck and expends that same energy to help accelerate the truck. Only problem is they've had issues with the batteries and if that battery dies- yer walking cause the "Hemi" engine won't start. Or you could have one of their road noise cancelling stereos that doesn't allow the user to adjust the volume while driving making the radio worthless. I hope I don't have to list the issues with the Titan. To fix your specific truck I'd suggest driving it like you stole it to put stress on the driveshaft system to make it wear in faster. And yes, I would agree with you that considering what a new truck costs these days they should be trouble free and perfect when they're new. But then that's the dream, not reality.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
How much vibration are we talking?

Is it where you are going to lose control? Or is just a slight vibration?

All my vehicles vibrate going down the road. My '07 F150 vibrates at certain speeds -- done it since it was new. Even been through a set of tires on it, and same results - maybe even more pronounced.

If it's the latter of the two, I wouldn't worry or care about it. It's a truck.
Don't be an apologist... if the truck's vibrating, that's not right. No vehicle I have ever bought had a vibration right off the lot. Take it back and have them fix it. I've not heard this specific thing you mention is a problem. My 2015 was in the shop a couple weeks ago and I got a 2020 f150 crew cab 4x4 5.0 (weird rental, right?) and it didn't vibrate. It may have had a couple other things wrong with it, but it didn't vibrate. Had 150 miles on it when I picked it up.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd take it back, my 05 is vibration free even after all these years. I get it's a truck, but it's very annoying to drive with a constant vibration. It can't be that hard to solve, tires or driveline.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Take it back, make them make it right.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:04 AM
Same thing here it is only at50 to 65 mph light throttle. Once you let off gas it goes away. Truck runs good getting 22mpg. Just has this vibration more like a 8,9,10 gear low rpm lug causing it.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:02 PM
OP, any resolution to your vibration issue?

I just picked up a new 2020 F150, SCREW, 3.55, 5.5’ bed last weekend, and like you, I didn’t notice anything on the short test drive, but started to feel a vibration on the trip home.

Old 01-02-2021, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by BuccoFan
OP, any resolution to your vibration issue?

I just picked up a new 2020 F150, SCREW, 3.55, 5.5’ bed last weekend, and like you, I didn’t notice anything on the short test drive, but started to feel a vibration on the trip home.
Im in the same bought now. Any update on yours?

Old 01-03-2021, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by Lizeth Torres
Im in the same bought now. Any update on yours?
I have been working from home so I don’t drive a lot these days, but I have not not noticed the issue since I put a tonneau cover on. It may have been related to wind resistance.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by BuccoFan
I have been working from home so I don’t drive a lot these days, but I have not not noticed the issue since I put a tonneau cover on. It may have been related to wind resistance.
thanks. I get my cover today so we’ll see.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by daczone
2019 F150 Crewcab, 5.5 bed, FX4, 3.5 eco boost. 7 MILES on it. While driving it home noticed a vibration that seems to hit about 40 Mph. You feel it in your seat, doesn't feel like tires.

I googled this issue and WOAH.... Does Ford really have a big issue, And no fixes? Owners are listing horror stores of dealers replacing, wheels, tires, drive lines, carrier bearings.

Love the truck, but not happy. Anyone dealing with this?

Been dealing with the same issue, vibration in seat, steering wheel, petals, basically the whole truck, now for over 2 1/2 years. 7 sets of tires and rims, 3 drive shafts, rear done twice, plus more. Still no fix from two different dealerships and Ford Canada, keeps going back to tires, it can’t be all 7 sets of tires and rims 🤔.This as been my 5th Ford vehicle, I think it’s going to be my last, very disappointed in Ford this time.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mikey679
Been dealing with the same issue, vibration in seat, steering wheel, petals, basically the whole truck, now for over 2 1/2 years. 7 sets of tires and rims, 3 drive shafts, rear done twice, plus more. Still no fix from two different dealerships and Ford Canada, keeps going back to tires, it can’t be all 7 sets of tires and rims 🤔.This as been my 5th Ford vehicle, I think it’s going to be my last, very disappointed in Ford this time.
I will update on how things go for me... I initially thought transmission so I followed the advice of another thread and reset the adaptive memory or whatever ford calls it by unplugging the negative cable of battery for 30 mins (google reseting adaptive memory ford and u will find an actual Ford website) This should supposedly help the truck shift gears more smoothly by relearning your driving style. (Mine has 200 miles and felt the shake as I drove it home from dealer!) I also added my bed cover today and can already feel a difference in how shaky it felt from my drive today.

Quick Reply: Brand New 2019 F150 with 40 Mph vibration issue