2015 - 2020 F-150

Your opinions please, dual moon roof on '16 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like way more trouble than it's worth because of so many complaints about leaking and rattling. If you lived in a place that doesn't rain or snow very much, I'd say go for it, but since you're living in Minnesota, it may bring more frustration than joy.

Old 10-12-2021, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2015 Supercrew Lariat with the panoramic moon roof. Its been rebuilt once as well, all on Ford a year after the warranty ran out. I only paid $100.00 so that it was warrantied for 2 years. 3 months after the 2 years the same thing has happened again. My dealer is currently in discussion with Ford to see what they will cover this time if anything at all.
Its all in how much the dealer wants to get involved for you is what it amounts to with these type of out of warranty issues.
The Body shop manager did tell me Ford has come out with an upgraded track system from the standard system that is supposed to correct this problem.
Stay tuned for more details to see if its a rant against Ford or a "Hell Yea!" Ford covered it again.
I love the moonroof and use it all the time and will miss it if I can use it, which is what will happen if I have to spring for 2 to 3 grand to fix it. It will stay closed forever at that point.

Quick Reply: Your opinions please, dual moon roof on '16 Lariat