Old 08-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2015 F-150's Seamless Rear Sliding Glass

Read the latest F-150 news by Justin Banner here:

https://www.f150online.com/articles/...sliding-glass/

Thanks for clicking!

Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that it looks good but they could have just made the entire window go up and down to be truly "seamless"

Old 08-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
I think that it looks good but they could have just made the entire window go up and down to be truly "seamless"
x2. Been waiting on them to start doing that.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Then it would be even more like a tundra.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by thelariat02
Then it would be even more like a tundra.
That particular feature wouldn't be bad to have.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88

That particular feature wouldn't be bad to have.
About the only feature I'd want from a tundra.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I may be weird or old fashioned. But I like the "seamed" look.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Question

I heard about the whole-window tundra thing way back when I used to visit this forum back in 2010. To this day, I have NEVER seen a tundra driving on the road, or parked, or anywhere at all, with the rear window down, partly-down, 3/4 down - absolutely zilch.

So if it's true, and it's had this feature since way back then - why the heck have I NEVER seen one open, at all, in any shape or fashion??? Either it's complete rumor, and those crappy trucks can't really do that; or it's so full of bugs & problems that no one gets that feature and/or ever uses it for fear of massive failure & not being able to secure their vehicle from rain and/or security.

And there's plenty of those ugly things driving around in my area, it's not like I hardly see them or anything. And it's quite obvious when a window is down, especially in a pickup since I'm a big fan and look for details on all the makes & models as I'm driving.

I think the long-rumored but never seen tundra entire rear window thing deserves the jumping of the shark pic. Hehehehe.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by snobdds:

Don't lump me into your blanket statement of all of us wanting the entire window to come down. That Tundra design has had a few updates over the years; due to the window always leaking, rocks getting in the window track and jamming things up.

So no, I don't want an entire window to come down.
In addition the leaks and rocks jamming it up, here are a few more drawbacks of the Tundra rear window that someone mentioned on PUTC:

1) As already mentioned, no separation between the cab and bed when the rear window is fully open as it opens fully across instead of a hole in the glass.
2) The Tundra owners manual states that you should not keep the window open while driving, due to the risk of exhaust gasses entering the vehicle, or objects flying out.
3) The headliner gets filthy. Guys have to vaccum their headliner regularly to make it look new. You see the dirt on the back pillars also.
4) An earlier putc report stated that it would be great for kids to play with and climb in and out of, sorry, but that's a safety hazzard - may cause injury or death.
5) Adds weight. While some think it is cool they also think it not necessarily something they would pay extra for. Ford and GM are trying to lose weight, not gain weight. Anthing that adds weight must add value.
6) Only available on the CrewMax anyhow.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rambo
In addition the leaks and rocks jamming it up, here are a few more drawbacks of the Tundra rear window that someone mentioned on PUTC:

1) As already mentioned, no separation between the cab and bed when the rear window is fully open as it opens fully across instead of a hole in the glass.
2) The Tundra owners manual states that you should not keep the window open while driving, due to the risk of exhaust gasses entering the vehicle, or objects flying out.
3) The headliner gets filthy. Guys have to vaccum their headliner regularly to make it look new. You see the dirt on the back pillars also.
4) An earlier putc report stated that it would be great for kids to play with and climb in and out of, sorry, but that's a safety hazzard - may cause injury or death.
5) Adds weight. While some think it is cool they also think it not necessarily something they would pay extra for. Ford and GM are trying to lose weight, not gain weight. Anthing that adds weight must add value.
6) Only available on the CrewMax anyhow.
If that's all true why have a rear window at all? What's the difference between a small opening that can draw gases in, junk onto the headliner, etc. or a big opening that does the same.

We sticking fishing poles through it because they wont hang off the back or something haha

Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 PM
A little strange, but time will tell.......

Old 08-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I heard about the whole-window tundra thing way back when I used to visit this forum back in 2010. To this day, I have NEVER seen a tundra driving on the road, or parked, or anywhere at all, with the rear window down, partly-down, 3/4 down - absolutely zilch.

So if it's true, and it's had this feature since way back then - why the heck have I NEVER seen one open, at all, in any shape or fashion??? Either it's complete rumor, and those crappy trucks can't really do that; or it's so full of bugs & problems that no one gets that feature and/or ever uses it for fear of massive failure & not being able to secure their vehicle from rain and/or security.

And there's plenty of those ugly things driving around in my area, it's not like I hardly see them or anything. And it's quite obvious when a window is down, especially in a pickup since I'm a big fan and look for details on all the makes & models as I'm driving.

I think the long-rumored but never seen tundra entire rear window thing deserves the jumping of the shark pic. Hehehehe.

Seen 2 different tundra with their back windows down one last week driving and one about a year ago parked.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:05 PM
F-150 Production is Stronger, Faster and More Advanced

Read the latest F-150 news by Justin Banner here:

https://www.f150online.com/articles/...oduction-ford/

Thanks!

Old 08-27-2014, 02:30 PM
What's the difference between a small opening that can draw gases in, junk onto the headliner, etc. or a big opening that does the same.
The difference is weight, complexity, not necessary, leaks, glitches, etc.

When you open the Tundra rear window about half way, more than half the window is open and it is open down below and into the lower channels. A lot more crap can get in and go out when it's always 3+ x's more open than you need.

Open it so as to be able to have poles sticking out they're going to sliding all over and over a bigger area and would have to be tied in somehow. Open the rear window any more, and basically the entire rear window is open - not good. If you only open it only a little it's still always 3x's more open. It's just not necessary and the Tundras also prone to more glitches and leaks.

2015 F-150 is just the right size, while also improving looks, craftsmanship, less complexity (can be installed in one step of the assembly line instead of several), less leaks and less weight. That's a big one. Why add more weight to a truck for something we don't need when Ford is trying to lose weight?

Originally Posted by CometFlash
tundra entire rear window thing deserves the jumping of the shark pic.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Talking

[/QUOTE]

"Aaaaeeeyyy!"

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150's Seamless Rear Sliding Glass