2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Ford F150 blower motor not running at any speed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Ford F150 blower motor not running at any speed.

I have a 2010 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4L v8 super cab and one afternoon i started the truck up and the ac would not come on. I popped the hood and turn the key to on with the ac off and the clutch would spin, then i would turn on the ac and it would engage. I also watched it while the engine is running and it would engage and disengage like it should when i hit the button. So i thought it may be the blower motor. I checked all the fuses in the box under the hood and in the passenger floor panel. Swapped the relays with ones i knew were good with the blower motor relay and that didnt work. I pulled the motor out and hooked some jumper wires to it to see if it was good. It turned over when i hooked the 12v wires to the termials. The fan doesnt run at any speed but when i check voltage at the motor harness it reads 12volts.....I plan on changing the resistor next because it is the only thing left. Is there another inline thermal fuse or breaker that is not in either one of the fuse panels that i am missing? Looking for help, it seems like an easy fix but i am lost.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-27-2018, 04:29 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If the resistor is bad, it should run in the highest speed setting, all other positions it won't run. However, you may or may not have a resistor pack, sometime around your year they changed over to an electronic system.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
For the 2010, like any previous Ford, a manual climate control had a blower resistor while the electronic automatic climate control did not, it has an electronic module called, among other things, the "Blower Speed Control" module.

You have to be specific about which version you have in order to get the correct guidance.

If you have the EATC and you have 12V when back-probing BOTH motor terminals when it should be running, then the BSC module isn't operating, either because it is defective, the EATC isn't controlling it properly, or the ground circuit for the BSC is open. There's nothing else it could be as there are no relays or fuses that can cause that particular set of readings.

Last edited by projectSHO89; 08-27-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Ok, so i ordered a new blower speed control module(not resistor). Before i would not get any blower action at all from any speed and i verified that the ac clutch engages by turning on the key and spinning the clutch freely then turn on the ac and it locks in also while running just no air movement. Now i have the new blower speed module and installed it. Now i get high speed blower air all the time. I can not adjust it and also the ac will not engage now and i dont understand why. Nothing changed except the new speed control module i installed. When i have time i will remove the new speed control module to see if it reverts back to what i had before. I am lost as to why all the sudden now my ac compressor is not engaging.....

Old 08-29-2018, 10:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
moved to 09-14 section

Welcome to the forums

Old 09-18-2019, 11:08 AM
I have a f150 2010 ac comes on for like 3 seconds the resistor has being replace fuses are good what else can it be ???

Old 05-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DC Thomas
Ok, so i ordered a new blower speed control module(not resistor). Before i would not get any blower action at all from any speed and i verified that the ac clutch engages by turning on the key and spinning the clutch freely then turn on the ac and it locks in also while running just no air movement. Now i have the new blower speed module and installed it. Now i get high speed blower air all the time. I can not adjust it and also the ac will not engage now and i dont understand why. Nothing changed except the new speed control module i installed. When i have time i will remove the new speed control module to see if it reverts back to what i had before. I am lost as to why all the sudden now my ac compressor is not engaging.....
sorry to dig up an old thread but did you ever get a fix for this. I have this exact issue right now.

Old 12-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blower moter

Originally Posted by Jose Guerrero
I have a f150 2010 ac comes on for like 3 seconds the resistor has being replace fuses are good what else can it be ???
mine isn't working either does for a couple seconds then nothing, I've replaced the blower fan and the module still nothing...help!

Old 12-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jose Guerrero
Unfortunately, I have not found a fix. At this point it will cost me a fortune to get it to work again due to other issues as well.

Old 12-12-2020, 10:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

Jose Guerrero / rolleronariver / Douglas1 / Paul J Pappas (and anyone else replying to this 2-year old thread) ...

HINT/TIP: Put your vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature -OR- provide it in your posting(s).
Edit Signature

AND as projectSHO89 mentioned ...

For the 2010, like any previous Ford, a manual climate control had a blower resistor while the electronic automatic climate control did not, it has an electronic module called, among other things, the "Blower Speed Control" module.

You have to be specific about which version you have in order to get the correct guidance.

If you have the EATC and you have 12V when back-probing BOTH motor terminals when it should be running, then the BSC module isn't operating, either because it is defective, the EATC isn't controlling it properly, or the ground circuit for the BSC is open. There's nothing else it could be as there are no relays or fuses that can cause that particular set of readings.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89

Hi there PojectSHO89, I hope this message finds you.

I've got a 2010 F-150 5.4 V8 Super Crew Lariat just like in the post on this thread. You're info above has really been the most useful thing I can find on the internet.

I've checked my fuses, relays, installed a new BSC, and installed a new Blower Motor.

I've got voltage at my blower-motor-plug (about 2.5 volts), but the blower motor will not blow. The climate controls are working and I can hear the vent doors engage and move for the different settings.

Do you have any tips for me on this?
Does the ETAC push 12V to the blower motor no matter the speed? Could the low voltage be my problem?

Thanks!
Jared

Last edited by jpreiss; 02-19-2021 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Updated Signature
Old 02-19-2021, 01:27 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The blower motor power feed comes from fuse F41 via the energized blower motor relay on the yellow/green wire (to the motor's harness connector). If you do not have full battery voltage there, the motor will not run.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:50 PM
Did you ever find the solution. I am having the same issue

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford F150 blower motor not running at any speed.