Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Permanantly Plugging IWE Lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Permanantly Plugging IWE Lines

Hello,
I've been reading around in the forums about the grinding iwe actuator problem.

My 2010 f150 randomly started doing the grinding last year on the highway, sounded like I was dragging metal or cans or something. Did some research and tested the system, and my actuators weren't holding vacuum, but all else was fine. So I replaced both actuators in August last year and it was fine until this past February. I went through the car wash one day and when I got back on the road it started doing it again, I couldnt believe it. So I rode with it until now just letting off the gas when it would start grinding, but it drove me nuts!

Today I saw some forums about plugging the vacuum supply line and the line to the actuators to keep the actuators engaged and not grinding, and theoretically not being in legit 4wd. So I tried it out and everything felt fine. I tested to make sure I was still just in 2wd on a gravel hill, and then tried switching to 4wd and everything seemed to work properly.

So basically what I want to know is can I just keep those lines plugged for good and not have any problems with the transfer case or anything? Someone mentioned you might lose some mpg but I'll take that over these noisy, annoying, unreliable actuators any day!

p.s. heres a pic of my plug

Old 07-30-2018, 10:49 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems.

Quick Reply: Permanantly Plugging IWE Lines