2009 - 2014 F-150

Blown ecoboost 3000 miles out of warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks to me like you were victim of the moisture issue with the CAC and it hydro locked. Don't take it the wrong way when i say this but after the first episode all you would have had to do is jump on the ol internet, typed in your problem and you would have come across the issue very quickly. Another a few clicks you would have found numerous threads on how to fix it in literally 5 mins and you would still be driving your truck for many miles to come.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
I'm wondering if it had been "tuned" by the original owner and the boost turned up?
Originally Posted by Roadie
But, if I bought an ecoboost, I would buy one.
I can definitely tell you are old school (and that's not a bad thing). Tuning a engine is not considered bad, Its a well known fact on these EB's that a good custom tune is SAFER than the ford tune. Run some real time data on a stock tune then run the same data on a custom tune. Guaranteed the custom tune will be MUCH better. I have been tuned for over 50,000 miles now by 2 different companies and my truck runs 100x better.

Smoother Idle, Better Shifting, More Power, Less Knock on the knock sensor (almost always negitive number's with a couple spikes to +2 with my tune, Stock tune was seeing up to +8 or +9 at times)

As far as buying the extended warrant just because its a EB is nonsense. Many EBs are now over 150 and 200k and some i have seen personally pushing 220k. I bought a extended warranty and i have a feeling it was money donated to ford, I'm at 57k miles and only issue the truck has had was a leaky front cover, Along with the slip yoke clunk which is not eb specific.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
You know I was talking about the boost being possibly turned up higher than the engine is designed for.

Yes, I'm a realist. I do hope that the turbo engines last as long as the na engines. But to last as long they would have to be built better, with higher quality parts. That is just the reality of engineering.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Sorry for your problems but like it was said, the truck is 5 years old now. I'd strongly suggest chatting with the dealer that has the rig about maybe trading it in on a 2015 if they have something left in stock that suits yer fancy. They have loads of rebates and discounts on the 15's and low interest rates. You can trade your rig and apply the 10 grand to the new one. Otherwise all you'll have is a 5 year old truck with a new engine. The first generation EB engines were a problem child for some. They have proven themselves to be fairly fault free now. The only thing I see about you buying a new one is the payment. You might be surprised how low it can be though. Don't know if ya don't ask.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annnnd that was the end of the OP

Old 04-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
What's the payoff of the loan?

Quick Reply: Blown ecoboost 3000 miles out of warranty