2009 - 2014 F-150

Engine management or module programing software

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Engine management or module programing software

Short story:
I am looking for a computer program similar to what the dealership uses that can check engine parameters and program modules. On my VW/Audi stuff I use a program called VAG-Com that uses a USB-OBDII cable and my laptop to interface with the vehicle and lets me check the output of every sensor on the car and change the programing of the different modules. I know Ford uses something like this but haven't heard people on here talking about it.

Long story:
A Sync update caused my Infotainment system to go completely kaput. I have disconnected the battery and pulled the Sync fuse and now have most of the functions back except anything that uses USB or bluetooth. Everything I am finding points the the APIM module being the root of the problem. I can find the modules everywhere online for $70-$150. However, they have to be programmed to the truck. The average stealership price is in the $300 range + an hour of labor + $250 or so programing fee. So if I'm going to be a couple hundred into it to have the stealer fix the problem I would rather just buy something that allows me to do this plus anything else computer related to Fords.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 06-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ford uses a proprietary program ^^^ (IDS) that is not available to the public. AFAIK there is no aftermarket solution either. Your only option is the dealer, maybe if you find a good one they will at least offer you a reach around while they have you bent over.

Quick Reply: Engine management or module programing software