Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sliding Rear Window defog contacts

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joe51
Right! And just bring plenty of $100 bills!
Hello joe51,

I’ll be happy to document your feedback. Your feedback helps us track your concerns and improve the customer experience for the future. Please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, details of your experience, and your best daytime phone number. I’ll make sure it’s noted!

Tricia

Old 01-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Woody2013F150
Just tried my rear window defrost this week and the light came on for just a sec and then goes out. Checked fuses and looks OK. Could it be the relay? If I open and close the power slider, once and a while it will light the bulb for a sec…but not every time. My '13 Lariat just crossed the 60k mark...
Mine did that a couple months ago. Light came on then went off. Sure enough my mirrors defrosted which is all I really need. Temps were above 50 degrees, and foggy/misty.
However, I've used it since winter set in and light goes on and off like normal. May have to do that cleaning of the prongs again like i stated above.
Oh, I typically push the button to turn it off (lightless or not) as soon as the mirrors defrost unless I forget......rather than let it time out for fear rear window go boom after reading these threads.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this is a known problem caused by faulty parts why is there not a recall to fix it ?

Old 03-07-2017, 02:33 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Originally Posted by mrenberg
If this is a known problem caused by faulty parts why is there not a recall to fix it ?
Because it's not a safety issue.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mrenberg
Because FoMoCo doesn't FIX problems, they create them. Ford just wants to sell NEW vehicles (that are built absolutely as CHEAP as humanly possible and then are sold for the maximum possible price) and they only fix a few select problems when they are FORCED to by the federal government due to safety concerns or excessive emissions. Poor design, poor material, poor construction, poor dealership service? Too bad, you are on your own! MOST of the car manufacturer's operate the same way. You either learn how to choose carefully and then troubleshoot and repair your own problems OR you shovel out loads of cash to mechanics and the stealerships for repairs and frequent replacement vehicles.

Did you really expect anything different from an American manufacturer?

Old 04-05-2017, 04:31 PM
i am desperately looking for that terminal cap for my 2010!

Old 01-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Same problem second time.

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi BigTRQ,

I want to do what I can to help resolve this issue for good. Send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'm on the case!

Crystal
hi Crystal,
I have a 2013 f150 and Wendle Ford in Spokane wants to replace the glass again.

are there any other options out there? I am out of warranty.

thanks

Bill Gonzalez
509 993 7268
Fireman984@yahoo.com

Old 08-30-2018, 08:11 PM
Rear window defogger not working again 2013 FX4

Rear window replaced under warranty a few months ago and now not working again. Dealer says its not covered and now I'm faced with a large bill or no defogger. Since OEM Ford parts were used and professionally installed by a Ford dealer I would have thought I would have been covered by the 24 month warranty on parts. I need some help and advice dealing with this dealer who simply wants me to pay for a defective part.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejets
Rear window replaced under warranty a few months ago and now not working again. Dealer says its not covered and now I'm faced with a large bill or no defogger. Since OEM Ford parts were used and professionally installed by a Ford dealer I would have thought I would have been covered by the 24 month warranty on parts. I need some help and advice dealing with this dealer who simply wants me to pay for a defective part.
There's no reason to open a new thread about this. There are already literally about 100 threads on here about the crappy rear windows and Ford's refusal to fix them under warranty. Go read the threads. Ford and it's dealers have been stone-walling everyone about fixing this problem and/or making repairs FOR YEARS. Then post your problems on social media and take your claim to small claims court. For myself, I would NEVER, under any circumstances, buy a Ford product with a power rear window.

Quick Reply: Sliding Rear Window defog contacts