2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
Let me try this again since the stupid moble version ate my reply.

Wait till you drive a tuned EB. I run the 5* 87 octane tune most of the time because I don't want to pay for 93. It adds a good bit of power in the low end, cleans up the throttle response and shift pattern. Did I mention it will turn over both A/Ts going into 2nd? That will put a smile on your face every time. The 93 octane tune turns up the power even more and is a lot of fun but I don't use it much. On a stock truck 93 should give you a few more ponies but I doubt you'll really notice them.

Make sure to turn off all the TC when you try a boosted launch otherwise as soon as the rear end starts to step out it will end the party. What fun is that?
Traction control, more unnecessary fluff. Glad I don't have it.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by dewalt17
Traction control, more unnecessary fluff. Glad I don't have it.
Since I have the 5.slow, I've never had an occasion to use it.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
Let me try this again since the stupid moble version ate my reply.

Wait till you drive a tuned EB. I run the 5* 87 octane tune most of the time because I don't want to pay for 93. It adds a good bit of power in the low end, cleans up the throttle response and shift pattern. Did I mention it will turn over both A/Ts going into 2nd? That will put a smile on your face every time. The 93 octane tune turns up the power even more and is a lot of fun but I don't use it much. On a stock truck 93 should give you a few more ponies but I doubt you'll really notice them.

Make sure to turn off all the TC when you try a boosted launch otherwise as soon as the rear end starts to step out it will end the party. What fun is that?
Wow....sounds like a BLAST!!!

I will say that both the 5 star and MPT tunes woke up my 5.0 a great deal. With each, I was able to turn over the heavy meats in 2nd...just a little...and just every now and then.

Considering tuning makes a way yonder more differ'nce in the EB than it does in the 5.0, I'm super excited about getting tuned....some day...in probably 20-30K miles.

Gah, it's gonna be hard to wait that long....

Quick Reply: New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!