2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Keep me up on your mpg improvements. If I could get 20 mpg Avg all the time with aN EcoBoost I would keep it more on the stock side and get a Trans Am WS6 again.
That'll never happen on a 4x4 truck for an all time average.

Even though mine is showing 22.4 mpg on this tank after 65 miles

Old 07-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DewserB
It's SOOOOOO damn tempting. Trust me! I hain't n'er wanted to jist haul off 'n nail tha ol' skinny pedal s'bad in awl my borned days!

I've read conflicting stories on the "proper" way to break in the EB. You know how the intorwebs are...Everybody knows everything, but everybody has a differn't opinion.
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
X2, When i left the ford dealership and got on the road the pedal was in the carpet until 100mph. The odometer was showing 32 miles. Then i figured i would take it easy for the rest of the break in. 2 days later i decided to play with the elocker and i found out it would scream both tires up to 30 mph very easily.

So ended up my truck wasnt drove easy at all during break in
I have always heard that you break an engine in by running it all through the RPMs and not letting it stay at a constant speed for very long. I've also always heard, "Drive it like you want it to run." That's what I have always done and have had good luck so far.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
yer welcome...

the STA didn't need side badges....it already came equipped with fender vents....
I's jist a-razzin' ye a might, bud. I LOVED that STA, and yer HD is bad-*** as well...

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
X2, When i left the ford dealership and got on the road the pedal was in the carpet until 100mph. The odometer was showing 32 miles. Then i figured i would take it easy for the rest of the break in. 2 days later i decided to play with the elocker and i found out it would scream both tires up to 30 mph very easily.

So ended up my truck wasnt drove easy at all during break in
Originally Posted by Wookie
I have always heard that you break an engine in by running it all through the RPMs and not letting it stay at a constant speed for very long. I've also always heard, "Drive it like you want it to run." That's what I have always done and have had good luck so far.
Y'all don't say....

Welp...looks like I'm fixin' ta have me some fun on the drive home!!!

FWIW, I've been keeping the RPMs changing as constantly as possible....just hain't gone above around 3K yet. I'm fixin' on changin' that right quick 'n a jiffy!

Old 07-22-2014, 02:44 PM
On the stock tune my truck always seemed to pull harder if I rolled into the throttle instead of stomping the pedal into the carpet. With the 5* tunes I'm running now it doesn't matter.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

On the stock tune my truck always seemed to pull harder if I rolled into the throttle instead of stomping the pedal into the carpet. With the 5* tunes I'm running now it doesn't matter.
Roger that.

Diggin' the 5 star tunes, are ye?

Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Roger that.

Diggin' the 5 star tunes, are ye?
I have 3 5 star and 3 MPT tunes..

5 star is really good, I just used the 5 star tow tune to bring back a tractor and it did great. The 87 and 91 performance tunes are great, Well mannered when cruising around but hauls *** when you get on it.

Mpt is just as good, the 91 performance tune flat out hauls ***, but its not as nice cruising around town, with Mpt you hit it about a quarter throttle and it throws your head back, tires squeal, 2nd gear chirp and first thing you know your doing 2 times over the speed limit.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X2 on this. My truck always seems to respond better to suggestions than demands. When I gradually but firmly depress the pedal is when it really takes off.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty truck! Congrats

Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club. :QUIETLY CHANTS: One of us! One of us! One of us!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
When I bought mine, they had two identically equipped trucks, both the same color. One with an egoboast and one with a coyote. I test drove the egoboast and decided to get the coyote 5.0. Actually my dealer still has a leftover 13 supercrew FX4 with a 5.0 in blue flame. I was down there today and it's sitting in the showroom.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...FW1EF3DFC25883

This one is identical to mine except the wheels, it has 18's and I have 20's.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 07-22-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:37 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by FordGuy24
Pretty truck! Congrats
Thankee, sir!

Originally Posted by Casey05
Congrats and welcome to the club. :QUIETLY CHANTS: One of us! One of us! One of us!

Yep, looks like I got a li'l too close to the koolaid...Lol!

Thankee, Casey!

Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
When I bought mine, they had two identically equipped trucks, both the same color. One with an egoboast and one with a coyote. I test drove the egoboast and decided to get the coyote 5.0. Actually my dealer still has a leftover 13 supercrew FX4 with a 5.0 in blue flame. I was down there today and it's sitting in the showroom.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...FW1EF3DFC25883

This one is identical to mine except the wheels, it has 18's and I have 20's.
Granted, it's still way early. However, and having had both now, so far I prefer the characteristics of the EB over the 5.0. This truck has to be a couple hundred pounds heavier than my 5.0 XLT, but it feels 1000 lbs lighter.

Having said that, there ain't nothin' wrong with the 5.0 as fer as I can tell. Good, strong, extremely capable truck engine. Tuned, it's even better. Yet, so far, I'm liking the stock EB better better than the tuned 5.0.

(OK...now I'm really )

Aight...repeat after me...

"We will not make this a EB vs 5.0 thread...We will not make this a EB vs 5.0 thread...."

Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Well, I finally decided I needed to 'mat' the go pedal and I thought the 3/4 pedal took off!!

OMG.. I rolled into it from a stop, but while still in 1st gear, STOMP....

No spin of the tires, but it just launched and was shifting at around 5500 rpms and I was up to 60 so fast, I still wasn't even into the merge part of the on ramp yet!

Oh, and I do have it's first tank of 92 octane gas in it... Just trying it out, since I had the opportunity to fill it from a near empty tank last time (that was a shocker to see it click off at $100 and then I had to dump another $20 or so to fill it!!)

Anyway, jury is still out on the 92 making any difference power or mpg wise. I'll do it thru the next time I have to tow the TT, which will be in a couple weeks and let you know.. (probably not going to make any huge difference, since it's all stock and pretty much gonna stay that way.. )

Mitch

Old 07-23-2014, 01:11 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by MitchF150
Well, I finally decided I needed to 'mat' the go pedal and I thought the 3/4 pedal took off!!

OMG.. I rolled into it from a stop, but while still in 1st gear, STOMP....

No spin of the tires, but it just launched and was shifting at around 5500 rpms and I was up to 60 so fast, I still wasn't even into the merge part of the on ramp yet!

Oh, and I do have it's first tank of 92 octane gas in it... Just trying it out, since I had the opportunity to fill it from a near empty tank last time (that was a shocker to see it click off at $100 and then I had to dump another $20 or so to fill it!!)

Anyway, jury is still out on the 92 making any difference power or mpg wise. I'll do it thru the next time I have to tow the TT, which will be in a couple weeks and let you know.. (probably not going to make any huge difference, since it's all stock and pretty much gonna stay that way.. )

Mitch
^^^ Famous last words.

Oh YEAH!!! I'm gonna have to get me summa that ASAP! Sounds like....

I'm anxious to do me first boosted launch, too. I don't plan to do that much, but I gotta do it at least once.

I've been running 93 octane in the 5.0 fer the past 3-4 months (fer the tune I had). So I'm used to the higher price. When I go through the first free tank, I'll gas up with 93 just to see...

These li'l ol' V6s is FUN!!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are enjoying the EB!

I can't wait to get me hands on the 15 and start enjoying driving my truck again

Old 07-23-2014, 01:52 PM
...Granted, it's still way early. However, and having had both now, so far I prefer the characteristics of the EB over the 5.0. This truck has to be a couple hundred pounds heavier than my 5.0 XLT, but it feels 1000 lbs lighter.

Having said that, there ain't nothin' wrong with the 5.0 as fer as I can tell. Good, strong, extremely capable truck engine. Tuned, it's even better. Yet, so far, I'm liking the stock EB better better than the tuned 5.0.

(OK...now I'm really )

Aight...repeat after me...

"We will not make this a EB vs 5.0 thread...We will not make this a EB vs 5.0 thread...."

Let me try this again since the stupid moble version ate my reply.

Wait till you drive a tuned EB. I run the 5* 87 octane tune most of the time because I don't want to pay for 93. It adds a good bit of power in the low end, cleans up the throttle response and shift pattern. Did I mention it will turn over both A/Ts going into 2nd? That will put a smile on your face every time. The 93 octane tune turns up the power even more and is a lot of fun but I don't use it much. On a stock truck 93 should give you a few more ponies but I doubt you'll really notice them.

Make sure to turn off all the TC when you try a boosted launch otherwise as soon as the rear end starts to step out it will end the party. What fun is that?

Quick Reply: New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!