Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Truck!! (Maybe??) Supercharged!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck!! (Maybe??) Supercharged!

Well, I went to the dealership for an oil change, and I ALMOST ended up with a different truck. This has happened the last three times I've gone fer an oil change. So, methinks I need to stop getting oil changes at Ford dealerships!

However, I still ain't completely ruled it out.

So. Please... For the love of Pete.... Somebody talk me outta this! Lol!

http://www.lancecunninghamford.com/u...7a781f31e8.htm

It has 8k miles. Yes, eight thousand. It's a 6.2 (obviously), and it's SUPERCHARGED! It's a Procharger. Not my blower of choice, but ol' Crash would be thrilled!

After running the numbers, it will cost me an extra $15 per month. Yes, fifteen dollars. Heck, even the wifey is all in! Lol!

The initial, obvious negative is the fact that the truck doesn't come with a warranty. Now, that's not a big deal on a 6-8 year old, $20K truck with 100K miles, but it's a different story with this truck.

I've also stumbled upon this little jewel:

http://www.lancecunninghamford.com/c...a00e4b2e16.htm

Certified Pre-Owned, so it does come with a 100K miles PT warranty. After running the numbers here, my payment would actually be LESS than it is now.

So, talk me out of it! I dare ya! Lmao!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Get'em both!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Get'em both!
If I had yer money, I would!

Correction on the mileage on the Limited. It actually has about 9500 miles. That extra 1500 miles may be the deal breaker.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just throw a S/C on your truck, coyotes can make big power with a little boost. Bone stock a truck coyote is only 50 hp down from a 6.2, you can make that up with an extra # or two of boost.

BTW there is a good chance he screwed something up, that's why it was dumped back on the lot with less than 10K on it. Why else would someone put a S/C on a fairly new 6.2 and trade it in?

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 06-02-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Two nice choice's...6.2 with a Supercharger 10 to 14 mpg. Ecoboost maybe 17 to 20 mpg. That would make my choice easy since my hot rodding days are over!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:37 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Just throw a S/C on your truck, coyotes can make big power with a little boost. Bone stock a truck coyote is only 50 hp down from a 6.2, you can make that up with an extra # or two of boost.
Very true, my man! Only trouble there is the price tag that goes along with boosting my truck. A conservative guess on the total bill for getting the Roush TVS 2300 kit installed would be $7500. Obviously there are less expensive options out there, but if I was buying a kit for my truck, that's what I'd buy.

The boosted 6.2 is already set up, and would only cost me an extra $15 per month. Of course, I'd have a loan for 2 years longer than my current loan, but I've conceded to the notion that I will ALWAYS have a vehicle payment.

You do make a good point, but $7500 out of pocket all at once is a big pill compared to $15 per month. Even then, my current truck is still gonna be an XLT. The 6.2 is a Limited.

Originally Posted by PawPaw
Two nice choice's...6.2 with a Supercharger 10 to 14 mpg. Ecoboost maybe 17 to 20 mpg. That would make my choice easy since my hot rodding days are over!
Hey, Pap! I know the feller whut done all the work on the 6.2. According to him, your mpg estimate isn't far off. He said 12-16. Still a big difference from 17-20. Of course, as you know, EB real-world mpgs are all over the board. So who knows what this particular EB will get?

Then there's the intercooler TSB issue that seems to be more prevalent with the earlier EBs.

Decisions, decisions....

Old 06-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Yep...the '11 is the one most have had problem's with. No problem's with my late built '13 model and no problem's with my son in law's '13 that's a year old. I've been averaging high 16's to mid 17's with my gas mileage but have yet to take it on a long trip. Past due for a trip to the time share in Pigeon Forge!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by PawPaw
Yep...the '11 is the one most have had problem's with. No problem's with my late built '13 model and no problem's with my son in law's '13 that's a year old. I've been averaging high 16's to mid 17's with my gas mileage but have yet to take it on a long trip. Past due for a trip to the time share in Pigeon Forge!
Ah! Pigeon Forge?? Heck, that's just a hop, skip, and jump from me! Come on up, pap! We hickbillies know how to have fun!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DewserB
Very true, my man! Only trouble there is the price tag that goes along with boosting my truck. A conservative guess on the total bill for getting the Roush TVS 2300 kit installed would be $7500. Obviously there are less expensive options out there, but if I was buying a kit for my truck, that's what I'd buy.

The boosted 6.2 is already set up, and would only cost me an extra $15 per month. Of course, I'd have a loan for 2 years longer than my current loan, but I've conceded to the notion that I will ALWAYS have a vehicle payment.

You do make a good point, but $7500 out of pocket all at once is a big pill compared to $15 per month. Even then, my current truck is still gonna be an XLT. The 6.2 is a Limited.
Good point, if you are seriously considering it, take it to a mechanic you trust (not at the same dealer) and have it looked over. There gotta be a reason he traded in a S/C 6.2 limited with less than 10K on the clock. No car salesman in the world will tell you the truth on a used car, if they did they would never sell a thing and would not be a car salesman for long.

I hope it turns out to be a good truck with nothing wrong, it does look good.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:01 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Good point, if you are seriously considering it, take it to a mechanic you trust (not at the same dealer) and have it looked over. There gotta be a reason he traded in a S/C 6.2 limited with less than 10K on the clock. No car salesman in the world will tell you the truth on a used car, if they did they would never sell a thing and would not be a car salesman for long.

I hope it turns out to be a good truck with nothing wrong, it does look good.
I asked the feller that did the work to the truck about the owner. Apparently, he's an odd bird..but for good reason. Tragically, his entire family was killed by a tractor trailer driver on the interstate. He received a HUGE settlement from the trucking company, and he's been blowing through it like there's no tomorrow.

Evidently, he buys stuff, tinkers with it, doesn't use it, gets rid of it, then repeats. He traded for a new Mustang that is in the guy's shop to have a supercharger kit put on it. The guy didn't even drive the truck. His wife drove it what little bit it was driven. She complained about it being "too loud", so he traded it.

According to the guy who did the work (who doesn't have a dog in the fight), the old guy never even raced it.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by DewserB
Ah! Pigeon Forge?? Heck, that's just a hop, skip, and jump from me! Come on up, pap! We hickbillies know how to have fun!
My problem is that the wife is still working and just took off 2 week's when we went to Hawaii in April. If it was up to me I'd be up there all summer! May go up in Sept or October when the leaves change...she likes that time of year. Only problem is that it interferes with football season.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dewser man, get it! If it is only going to cost you $15 more a month, and you, like me, have accepted if you want to own newer vehicles you will always be under a payment spell, you have talked yourself into it already. Enough that you like it a lot and know the build up history of it, grab that thing and enjoy it. You can modify it similar to how you did your previous ones or try something new. I haz the faith in ye

Old 06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Neither!!!

2015 F150!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Dewser man, get it! If it is only going to cost you $15 more a month, and you, like me, have accepted if you want to own newer vehicles you will always be under a payment spell, you have talked yourself into it already. Enough that you like it a lot and know the build up history of it, grab that thing and enjoy it. You can modify it similar to how you did your previous ones or try something new. I haz the faith in ye

You certainly drive a hard bargain, D!

Dadgummit! I ask y'all to talk me OUT of it...not INTO it! Lol!

Thing is with the Limited...how the hell do you mod it? It already has everything I can think of as it is. The blower is just the icing on the already delicious cake!

Of course, just as icing is bad fer the figger, this particular icing is bad fer the warranty.

I wouldn't change the wheels because I think that particular wheels is the best looking one Ford ever made. The only changes I could think to make for this truck is to take parts of it OFF! Lol. Why the heck that guy bought a $55K truck and put $40 worth of cheap chrome stick-ons on it is beyond me.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:37 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Neither!!!

2015 F150!!!!!!!

That is certainly part of the equation, but I'm afraid it may be a while before Ford offers enough incentive money to get the 2015 that I WANT down to where I NEED it to be, money-wise.

Quick Reply: New Truck!! (Maybe??) Supercharged!