2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ford Remote Start....(4 chirps and no start)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem solved with kind help from a member here who walked me through the programming steps. Essentially the "Tach" in the programming mode needed to be turned off (I don't know how it would have turned on but it did). When this wasn't working I felt like my truck got stolen and I now have it back.

Last edited by Formula jg; 02-26-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Same problem

Originally Posted by Formula jg
Problem solved with kind help from a member here who walked me through the programming steps. Essentially the "Tach" in the programming mode needed to be turned off (I don't know how it would have turned on but it did). When this wasn't working I felt like my truck got stolen and I now have it back.
Could you help me. Mine is doing the same text or call me
812.773.7568 I to hate going to the dealer for this.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:43 PM
This is an odd coincidence as my other half messed with my fobe last night in and out of the truck and now I can't remote start it. Today I dug up my old notes from when I originally posted this thread so I'll do my best to help.

First you need to know how to get into the programming mode, if you don't you can find the instructions online search "Ford F150 Entering Program Mode for Vehicle Security and Remote Start System 200 Keyless". It looks like a Ford generated document.

This document has an 'Option Programming Chart' that identifies 5 different "Banks" each with numerous options for programming the system to your specifications. Go to Bank 5, Option 5 labelled in the description as "Not Used" this must be set to "OFF" if you want the engine to run after remote starting and opening a door. The instructions in this document will walk you through the process of getting into the the programming mode which then gets you to the Bank selection mode witch then gets you to the Option selection mode. I had to read through the steps several times to grasp the concept of how to get into each of these modes, something like press the override button, turn key on while holding brake, horn honks x-times, etc.

Hope this helps you, now I need to figure out why mine does not remote start.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:09 PM
This is an odd coincidence as my other half messed with my fobe last night in and out of the truck and now I can't remote start it. Today I dug up my old notes from when I originally posted this thread so I'll do my best to help.

First you need to know how to get into the programming mode, if you don't you can find the instructions online search "Ford F150 Entering Program Mode for Vehicle Security and Remote Start System 200 Keyless". It looks like a Ford generated document.

This document has an 'Option Programming Chart' that identifies 5 different "Banks" each with numerous options for programming the system to your specifications. Go to Bank 5, Option 5 labelled in the description as "Not Used" this must be set to "OFF" if you want the engine to run after remote starting and opening a door. The instructions in this document will walk you through the process of getting into the the programming mode which then gets you to the Bank selection mode witch then gets you to the Option selection mode. I had to read through the steps several times to grasp the concept of how to get into each of these modes, something like press the override button, turn key on while holding brake, horn honks x-times, etc.

Hope this helps you, now I need to figure out why mine does not remote start.
I have the series 100 you think it will still work. My remote start has a separate Fob from the key Fob. I have the information downloaded hope it works without goin to lincoln.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:45 PM
2011 ford expedition 4 honks

I had already checked the hood several times but the issue still persists and actually I could not find a hood pin or mercury level anywhere.

Posted the following on another site but have yet to receive any confirmation:

It appears the problem may be the immobilized bypass needs to be reprogrammed but not sure if this is the proper procedure:
•key on (and engine running?)
•press OVERRIDE button 10 seconds until 3 chirps/3 light flashes
•release OVERRIDE button
•press and release OVERRIDE button 1 time (4 chirps/4 light flashes). System now in Bank 1 options.
•press PANIC button 3 times (3 chirps/3 light flashes). System now at option 3 "TACH LEARN"
•press and hold brake pedal
•press LOCK button
•wait for some kind of indication the Tach Signal has been learned??
•press OVERRIDE button 1 time
•release brake pedal

If someone can confirm that first before I go ahead and mess things up even further, this problem is getting under my skin

Oh yea and when it says "key in the on/run position" is the engine on or not?

thx all.
Hello sr i have that same problem is they're anyway you can tell me how you fixed yours my cell is 985-210-6859 email or call text any help would be great thanks

Quick Reply: Ford Remote Start....(4 chirps and no start)