2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leather Seat Stretched

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealership called me back today and said the seat looked normal. The service manager said, "we'll it's leather and leather seats stretch." My comment back to him was, "it has 4k miles on it and that's not normal." He told me that they wouldn't replace it or fix it. I don't think the center is even leather. I think it's just the sides of the seats and the center is vinyl.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
# 1. Same problem here with the 2012 Lariat Driver seat "saggy leather" problem. The dealer replaced both front seat foam cushions and the passenger seat is now perfect. However, the driver seat is worse still. Dealership contacted Ford whom advised that they have had a "few" issues and as yet I'm waiting on the outcome of that. Has anyone had any luck fixing the problem.

# 2. Constant "metallic or tin rattle" coming from the passenger seat A post. Normally heard coasting (not under acceleration) around 20/30 mph. Again, anyone had a similar problem?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:38 PM
My black leather driver side seat was a little stretched from who ever drove it off the carrier when it was delivered. But on its own, it has become tight/smooth once again. I try not to sit on my wallet which is uncomfortable any way, so maybe my symmetric butt print has stretched it a bit to make it uniform once again.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Got the same problem with a brand new 2013 fx4 1500 miles !!!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Well, I'm a big guy. Currently 320 lbs.. 6' 1" tall. I am a fanatic at keeping my truck clean. About three months or so after I got the truck I noticed that my seat cushion along the front edge of the perforations, was stretching. When I got out of the truck it looked crinkled. I just thought it was because of my rotundness. So I've been diligent with keeping the truck clean. About a year later (Feb. '12), it just seemed to maintain that condition. This past March I noticed that my seat was looking a bit dull and was forming some slight cracks. , so I cleaned it with some leather cleaner. I can't remember what cleaner at the moment, but it was recommended here on the site. After I cleaned it I gave it a good dose of conditioner. It turned out great. But after a few days the crinkles reappeared. My routine is usually once a week I remove the front rubber mats to sweep the floor, and clean the mats. It's usually just me, so the rear floor generally just needs a quick brush. If needed I'll sweep out the truck. I'll wipe down the interior surfaces. Wipe the dash. Clean whatever glass needs it. Then the seats get a damp cloth with a fresh bucket of warm water. Then I use Meguiars leather conditioner. I keep a container of the wipes, and a bottle of the spray. I'll spray a bit of the conditioner on the wipe to keep it moist. Then I'll usually give the front seats a quick wipe during the week if needed. Once a month I clean the door jambs and they get a coat of wax when I do the truck. So, maybe it's not my Rotundness that is causing the crinkles?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Nothing to add except it drives me crazy when stuff like this happens. I think the interior look/layout is 1000 x's better than anything GM puts out, BUT I will say my wife's 5 year old Tahoe interior has held up exceptionally well...with the exception of the AC button paint.

Would you reconsider cloth instead of leather if you could do it all over again?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by BarryT82
The dealership called me back today and said the seat looked normal. The service manager said, "we'll it's leather and leather seats stretch." My comment back to him was, "it has 4k miles on it and that's not normal." He told me that they wouldn't replace it or fix it. I don't think the center is even leather. I think it's just the sides of the seats and the center is vinyl.
Barry, typically it's the other way, the center seat inserts are leather with every other seat surface being vinyl (sides, back, etc.). If the dealer ultimately won't help you, (and they definity should), go to another dealer, I've had to to do this several times in the past to get Ford to help. Our dealer here in 1000 Oaks is one of the worst Ford dealers I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. As a last resort I'd head to an upholstry shop and see if they can tighten up the seat cover from underneath...

Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM
My passenger seat appears to be pealing , I can roll it up with my finger and it's not smooth underneath , can't figure out what happened to it.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I have some stretching on my 2011 HD that has a little over 30k miles. I do have a few pair on jeans that have buttons on the back pockets and that when I notice it leaves marks and stretches out when I am getting out.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I had the cushion replaced a few months ago, but it looks worse and the dealership broke a few trim pieces while replacing it. I let the service advisor know about the issues and they've "ordered" the trim pieces 4 times now and only has has shown up. They told me they had them all and when I took the truck in to get it fixed they couldn't find them. Well during that appointment the silver painted part that surrounds the arm rest was damaged and now one corner on the back is popped up about 1/2". They broke the tab on it and it has a pry mark on the corner that's broken.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP: My 2013 has the slate grey leather and I have noticed some slight stretching or adjusting but, nothing that has caused alarm or looks anything like what you have going on. I'm 6'-1" and 210 lbs. I only clean the seats per the owners manual, with a damp cloth or maybe add a mild soap solution and they look good (only been 6 mo's since I've owned the truck though). I would definitely get it documented to protect yourself.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Stretched