2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SuperCruzin's Phantom F-150 Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SuperCruzin's Phantom F-150 Build

Why "phantom"? Because technically the truck does not exist yet.

If any of you guys read my intro thread (HERE) in the intro section, you know my wife and I recently placed an order for a 2012 SuperCrew. She and I are very excited awaiting for its arrival.

When we placed our order (Saturday 4/28), we were told to expect 6-8 weeks for delivery. The dealership called the other day, said they had a vin, and for us to expect it sometime about the second week in June. (also happens to be real close to the wife's birthday - so a great present for her) So far, waiting for this thing has been worse than a kid waiting for Christmas. Unknown to the wife, I have had a small plan for it all along.

To help pass the time I decided to have a little fun. My plan is to order 1 mod per week until it arrives.

As it stands currently, the list looks like this:
  • Week 1: BDS 2.5"/1" Leveling kit
  • Week 2: Eagle 027 20x9 et15 wheels
  • Week 3: Magnaflow 15461
  • Week 4: N-Fab Stainless Cab-Length Steps
  • Week 5: Extang Tonneau (Full Tilt or Solid Fold - still undecided)
  • Week 6: Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/55R20 (possibly a 275/60R20)

Week 7 and beyond: if it goes into this territory, surely I can find something to add here.

Then, once we take delivery, it is going straight down to the local Line-X dealer for a Line-X XTRA spray in liner.

I plan to update this thread with pictures and info as I have it.

All thoughts, comments, opinions and flames are welcome.

Last edited by SuperCruzin; 06-18-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Congrats, its good to have a plan and the cash to start before the new toy arrives. Good luck and post pics when it gets here.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks 05supercrew. Pics will come soon as I have something to shoot.

to everyone...
Who has the best prices on Bakflips?

The look of them is growing on me, and the functionality looks second to none. I think I might scrap the Extang plans for one of these instead.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Well congrats on the new purchase. Looks like your havin fun already!

Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
^ Thanks Svets96.

Small update:
It looks like I might have a truck about the end of this week or early next. The dealership called and said it is en-route. Yay!

Also, the wheels have been changed to Fuel Hostages as the Eagles are supposedly "on national backorder"... and the date kept moving away. That said, I should have the Hostages here Friday-ish.

I decided to go with the 305/55 Nittos for the meatier look. (I have been playing with car tires too long - a simple 33 now looks gynormous.) When the UPS guy dropped them off, he looked at my Audi wagon in the driveway looked confused, then asked what "these" were going on... I laughed and told him we were expecting our truck soon and mentioned I was trying to do something fun to dress it up a bit, and the wife did not exactly know about it. He laughed and said "yep, you're going to be getting yelled at" - "I know, I do the same thing - LOL" ...he then drove off. LOL!

Once the wheels arrive Ill have everything except "Week 5" - and it's looking like that is going to become a Bakflip HD. Pending wifey approval.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Took delivery of my baby yesterday.

Absolutely love it. It's exactly what I hoped it would be.

The wife drove it home, it had 10.2 miles on it when she turned it off in the driveway.

Today starts out good, I call the shop that is to install my leveling kit, set up an appointment, I'm excited. Shortly there after, UPS knocks on my door with 4 boxes for me. AWESOME! wheels are here. A few hours go by, there is a ring of the doorbell... who could it be? I'm thinking maybe FedEx because they owe me a box also. well, it wasn't FedEx, it's the teenage girl across the street... hmm what could she want? Turns out she knocked on my door to politely inform me she had hit my truck with her car. AWESOME! First new vehicle, waited 6weeks to get it, had it less than 18hours, has 10.2 miles on it, I personally have yet to drive my own truck, and she smashed into it. Fan-****ing-tastic!

Damage is not bad, the rear bumper needs replaced, and it managed to kiss the bed corner and chip the paint... But its also got 10.2 miles on it. *SAD PANDA*

I am told this is called "life".

...I suppose it could have been worse.

Ill post pics in a bit.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Well, at least she didnt slam into your house or hurt anyone. The truck can be fixed. I know its maddening, but just be glad that the damage is minimal and can be repaired. Also, be proud of the girl for admitting her fault, instead of just running off without saying a word. her insurance/her parents insurance should help to fix it, or cover the costs. Good luck with the situation. Im sure once the truck is fixed, it will be ok.

Keep us updated on the truck.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
^ I like your perspective. That's the side i am trying to see.

The poor girl almost ran her self over trying to stop it, thank god she didn't.

I guess what actually bothers me is that it always seems to be the people that don't care about their stuff, wrecking the stuff of those who do care. This seems to be my reoccurring fate. I didn't get hit by some guy in his 911, nope, I got hit by some girl in her $800 Sunfire.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, at least she didnt get herself hurt either. Thats another good point.

Now let me ask you, did your truck have the reverse sensors on it? What trim level is the truck?

Im sure ford could reinstall/replace those onto the new bumper, *or if they already come installed as one unit so much the better* The chipped paint issue should be ok, or at least thats my hope for you and your wife.

As far as for other people caring for their stuff, thats probably why she drives a sunfire, and not a nicer car, or maybe thats all she could afford being so young. *shrugs*

The important thing is that when the truck is fixed, you will be able to throw those awesome mods on, and it will be an awesome ride. Dont let this hurt your love for an awesome truck.

Anthony

Old 06-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks Anthony.

Its a Lariat, so yes it has the reverse sensors and stuff. Ill probably take it in Monday for an estimate.

It's going to be fixed, and its going to be just fine. It's just the first scratch was supposed to be my doing, not that of a careless neighbor. I almost feel robbed - LOL.

Last edited by SuperCruzin; 06-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Ahahahaha, that last comment made me spit out my tea John. At least you werent actually robbed.

I love Lariats, The wood grain gives it an upscale look to it. I cant wait to see your awesome truck. Good luck with the estimate, hope its not too bad.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:34 PM
.......pics........

Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Bumper shouldnt be bad, I had to have mine replaced on my 2010. A shop charged 500. Hopefully you dont have to pay for it. I did.....

Do you not have a driveway or garage???

Old 06-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by 99and04f150
Bumper shouldnt be bad, I had to have mine replaced on my 2010. A shop charged 500. Hopefully you dont have to pay for it. I did.....

Do you not have a driveway or garage???
I don't have a garage, but I do have a driveway... and the truck was in it, with probably 25ft off the street. The neighbors car was in her driveway probably 40ft off the street on her side. It went down her driveway, across the street, up my driveway, and into the back of my truck. The real irony in this is the wife had to make a trip to Cleveland this weekend, I told her to leave the truck and take the car so the truck "would not get hurt" - yep, that was a fail. *sigh*

Originally Posted by brazzeal15
.......pics........
Yes sir.

Without further ado:

Name:  751e3ae5.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  9dbe2553.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  982bd68a.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  ff893a03.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  b44f15c1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  154.0 KB

Name:  99fb08a2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  131.4 KB

Last edited by SuperCruzin; 06-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:39 AM
great lookin truck! sorry about the damage Life does happen and it's ok. it goes on

Quick Reply: SuperCruzin's Phantom F-150 Build