2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SuperCruzin's Phantom F-150 Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great looking truck brother. sorry to hear that it had to get bumped. Frustrating when things like that happen.

I love those wheels I have them on my truck with a good street tire. Its classy looking on that package.

Hope you have good luck with it!!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Great looking truck John. That dark blue pearl is a beautiful color.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by SuperCruzin
I don't have a garage, but I do have a driveway... and the truck was in it, with probably 25ft off the street. The neighbors car was in her driveway probably 40ft off the street on her side. It went down her driveway, across the street, up my driveway, and into the back of my truck. The real irony in this is the wife had to make a trip to Cleveland this weekend, I told her to leave the truck and take the car so the truck "would not get hurt" - yep, that was a fail. *sigh*
Holy crap! Talk about bad luck! That's terrible.

What are you doing with the stock wheels?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks Guys!

Every time I drive it, I love it more and more.

One thing I should note, they were kind enough to give me the dark "wood" with the interior. there was a truck in the showroom with the blonde wood color... and the dark wood looks a thousand times better. Some of you are not wood people, but I am extremely happy with the way it turned out. If I had a gripe it would be the gold "4x4" logo on the bed. Its the only "gold" on the truck and I cant stand gold. I think the XLT version was silver and I am very tempted to swap it. I'm not sure how hard it is to peel the sticker and not compromise the paint.

99and04f150,
I plan on putting them on my old man's '10 XLT SuperCrew. He currently has the factory 17s... I think they will be a nice upgrade.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh yea...

something else I forgot to mention...

I have been thinking about a way to turn a negative into a positive in regards to the bump on the back. The back bumper is surprisingly flexible at its outermost corners. I could seriously knee the corner of any F150's bumper and replicate the damage. that got me thinking about how I can prevent something similar in the future...

What if i remove the bumper and have the Line-X shop hit those recessed "squares" behind the bumper with Line-X? ...I'm thinking that would pretty much make the truck immune to any similar bump in the future (god forbid). im thinking it might be smart for any future parking lot bumps or similar. As a side bonus, it would keep the word "accident" off my CarFax.

Thoughts?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Good idea with the Line-X.

Glad you are enjoying the truck. If you dont like the gold lettering, they have the dark gray version that comes with the Off Road Package. Im sure you can get that. I doubt that taking the sticker off would damage the paint, especially with people ripping off appearance package stickets, and FX4 stickers. Its worth looking into.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Went and got an estimate from a local reputable body shop... $1,300.00 on the nose.

even though the only mark is where the bumper tagged it, they want to respray the whole drivers bed side... needless to say, I'm having a tough time swallowing that, and I'm most definitely not going that route. The good news is they told me R&R of the "4x4 OR" sticker is $65 a side with sticker included. So, $130 means I can get rid of the gold ones, this made me happy.

Next stop was Line-X for an estimate... Turns out I can do my Line-X plan (as well as the spray the bed), replace the bumper, and the stickers for right about the same money. <-Winnar!!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Why do you have to pay? Isn't her insurance going to cover it if you file a claim? You weren't even in the truck when it happened, her vehicle rolled out of her driveway and wacked your truck. She's responsible for the damage to your vehicle so if she is insured it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks Guys!

Every time I drive it, I love it more and more.

One thing I should note, they were kind enough to give me the dark "wood" with the interior. there was a truck in the showroom with the blonde wood color... and the dark wood looks a thousand times better. Some of you are not wood people, but I am extremely happy with the way it turned out. If I had a gripe it would be the gold "4x4" logo on the bed. Its the only "gold" on the truck and I cant stand gold. I think the XLT version was silver and I am very tempted to swap it. I'm not sure how hard it is to peel the sticker and not compromise the paint.

99and04f150,
I plan on putting them on my old man's '10 XLT SuperCrew. He currently has the factory 17s... I think they will be a nice upgrade.

While I am glad you like the interior trim on your truck, its important to note that your dealer wasn't "kind enough" to do anything-that dark trim is standard on all 2012 lariats. What you saw in the showroom was a 2011.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Gerrard beat me to it. I like that darker wood trim, the light one just sorta looked out of place to me.

Im glad you found a winning solution to the problem John. I hope it all turns out well. Id like to see pics when you get the work done, and see the difference.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Yes the truck in the showroom was an '11. However it happened, mine has the dark wood, and it looks hella better than the light wood that was in the truck I saw. I did not know that was something year specific, I wondered, but didn't know. I was willing to accept either color, I'm just glad it turned out to be the dark one.

Airsoft,
I don't have to pay, I went to get a figure to give my neighbor so he knew what it was going to cost him... After I had the number my self, I got to thinking about how the money could be better spent.

Last edited by SuperCruzin; 06-18-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Yes the truck in the showroom was an '11. However it happened, mine has the dark wood, and it looks hella better than the light wood that was in the truck I saw. I did not know that was something year specific, I wondered, but didn't know. I was willing to accept either color, I'm just glad it turned out to be the dark one.

Airsoft,
I don't have to pay, I went to get a figure to give my neighbor so he knew what it was going to cost him... After I had the number my self, I got to thinking about how the money could be better spent.
I agree completely, I also much prefer the darker wood trim. I just wanted to make sure you had the facts. I also forgot to congratulate you on your new truck in my first post, so congrats!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Ha ok I gotcha guy makes sense. I wasn't sure if I had missed something.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Step Bars, wheels, and tires are on.

Leveling kit and alignment tomorrow...

Then ill post pics.

Last edited by SuperCruzin; 06-18-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Nice!!!! Can't wait to see it.

You decide a course of action for your new bumper?

Quick Reply: SuperCruzin's Phantom F-150 Build