2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Let's talk Leveling Kits (Pics requested) Reviews and Show how it Looks...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my 1.5" AutoSpring Leveling kit this weekend....got 2" of measured lift out of it!
From the ground to the middle of the fender it measures 39.5" on drivers side.

Wheels/Tires come in via UPS on Wed.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I've got a kit in the mail and I can hardly wait. 2.5" AS front with AAL rear.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
im looking at a 2012 f150 xlt 4x4 and is plan on doing a leveling kit on it, can somebody tell me, if i put 3" blocks in the rear what spacer in the front would i need to make the rear end only an 1inch higher then front? pics would be good, hope that makes sence, im wanting to lift the truck above stock with out getting a actual lift and this is the only way i can figure out how to do it, thanks

Old 06-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Here's a 2010 F150 Lariat 4x4 with a 1.5" autospring leveling kit with 275/65r20

Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by truckin150
im looking at a 2012 f150 xlt 4x4 and is plan on doing a leveling kit on it, can somebody tell me, if i put 3" blocks in the rear what spacer in the front would i need to make the rear end only an 1inch higher then front? pics would be good, hope that makes sence, im wanting to lift the truck above stock with out getting a actual lift and this is the only way i can figure out how to do it, thanks
3" replacement block = 1.75" lift in the back

so to level that you would need 1.5" (standard level) + 1.75" (the extra added from the block) = 3.25". Since you want 1" rake, subtract 1" from 3.25" and get 2.25". AS leveling kits appear to give more than advertised (1.5" = 2" etc.) so it sounds like you would want an AS 2" in front (NOT a HBS 2"). With that you should end up with 2.25" (maybe a touch more) in front and 1.75" in back.

For anyone that does not know the HBS "2 inch" leveling kit measures the exact same thickness as the AS "1.5 inch" kit. (I have a HBS 2" here in hand)

Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM
anyone have any issues with vibration in front end after installing leveling kit?

Old 06-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RecoRepo
sorry if this is a noob question. I googled around to understand what is a leveling kit. But why is one needed in the first place... why would Ford ship the truck with the front a little lower than the back?

Would leveling change the drag coefficient in a material way so as to reduce or increase MPG?

thx.
Originally Posted by User Error
Reco, the 4x4 comes with stock approx a 1.5 lifting block that raises the rear of the truck for towing and other needs... so the truck leans to the front... Some people add the front leveling kit to equal up the height of the wheel wells... me personally I'm going for both front and rear it's a cheap alternative to a lift kit... I got out of an f250 and into my f150 and it just sits to low all the way around for me... So there's differant reasons on why to install one but overall it's all personal prefferance and altering the truck to look how you want it...

User didn't exactly answer the entire question. Yes it mostly boils down to a preferential "look", but leveling a truck does definitely decrease MPG, as it increases drag. Couple that with the likely hood that anyone who levels, usually adds bigger, heavier tires to complete the look, your MPG takes a secondary hit. That said, anyone counting MPG that closely, really shouldn't own a half ton truck.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Has anyone install the Ranch lift shocks with the coil springs that come with the shocks? Im looking to do this by the end of July.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Has anyone install the Ranch lift shocks with the coil springs that come with the shocks? Im looking to do this by the end of July.
I'm considering this setup as well

Old 07-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Okay I haven't been around in a while but I'm back!... I ended up going with the Autospring kit from ebay... I wanted the BDS kit but I lost my access to a spring compressor so I went with the AS that it wasn't needed on... Did their 2 inch kit with the 3 inch rear blocks... I ended up with the rake I wanted so i'm all happy... For those actually wanting level with just the 2 inch AS in front which is actually higher than 2 inches... it's nose high... once we installed the 3 inch blocks I've got a bout an inch if not a little bit more rake from rear to front... which is what I wanted... So I'm extatic... The 2 inch on the 09 and up in the front is a bitch to get the shock in it took three of us 2 hours on the first side (drivers) to get it in... the directions didn't state once you loosen the front inner LCA bolt you have to pull it to you before pushing down... this caused a hell of a bitch to figure out... but once we got that the other side 30 minutes and done... Blocks about 25 minutes... but you better have some lumber to put on top of the floor jack to get the frame high enough... and some tall jack stands if you wanna be safe... we did without and just threw small ones under the leaf mounts just incase...

Old 07-04-2012, 03:05 AM
pics to come after the 4th!

Old 07-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by User Error
Okay I haven't been around in a while but I'm back!... I ended up going with the Autospring kit from ebay... I wanted the BDS kit but I lost my access to a spring compressor so I went with the AS that it wasn't needed on... Did their 2 inch kit with the 3 inch rear blocks... I ended up with the rake I wanted so i'm all happy... For those actually wanting level with just the 2 inch AS in front which is actually higher than 2 inches... it's nose high... once we installed the 3 inch blocks I've got a bout an inch if not a little bit more rake from rear to front... which is what I wanted... So I'm extatic... The 2 inch on the 09 and up in the front is a bitch to get the shock in it took three of us 2 hours on the first side (drivers) to get it in... the directions didn't state once you loosen the front inner LCA bolt you have to pull it to you before pushing down... this caused a hell of a bitch to figure out... but once we got that the other side 30 minutes and done... Blocks about 25 minutes... but you better have some lumber to put on top of the floor jack to get the frame high enough... and some tall jack stands if you wanna be safe... we did without and just threw small ones under the leaf mounts just incase...
The instructions with my Autospring kit say to use a bottle jack between the LCA and the upper strut tower to get the strut back in. At first I tried a pry bar because I had one handy and didn''t feel like looking for the bottle jack. I faught with it for about 10 minutes and the strut didn't want to go in so I went and got the bottle jack.They went in easy as pie with the bottle jack.
As for lift I got 2" of front lift with my 2" kit and ended up with 1/2" of rake. That was the look I was going for so it worked out perfect for me without adding larger blocks in the rear.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
The instructions with my Autospring kit say to use a bottle jack between the LCA and the upper strut tower to get the strut back in. At first I tried a pry bar because I had one handy and didn''t feel like looking for the bottle jack. I faught with it for about 10 minutes and the strut didn't want to go in so I went and got the bottle jack.They went in easy as pie with the bottle jack.
As for lift I got 2" of front lift with my 2" kit and ended up with 1/2" of rake. That was the look I was going for so it worked out perfect for me without adding larger blocks in the rear.
Yeah the new directions have a bottle jack in the "tools needed list" but it never calls for it in the directions. Instead it's calling for you removing the forward inner LCA mounting bolt... The CV Axle is whats stopping the LCA from dropping low enough so prying on it with a bottle jack just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I'm guessing several people bent their CV axles or just straight up ripped them outta the diff so they changed the directions...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:28 AM
2" ready lift 20x9" fuel hostages on 305/55/20 toyo open country at, I love this setup!! Rides like a dream compared to my 05 with a 2.5" he'll bent steel and 35x12.5x18 nitto trail grapplers..

Name:  IMG_5433.jpg
Views: 17913
Size:  116.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5422.jpg
Views: 17773
Size:  120.4 KB
Name:  IMG_5417.jpg
Views: 18710
Size:  150.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5409.jpg
Views: 18176
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5406-Copy.jpg
Views: 17967
Size:  161.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5425.jpg
Views: 19575
Size:  131.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5407.jpg
Views: 18087
Size:  143.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5423.jpg
Views: 18717
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5418.jpg
Views: 18159
Size:  160.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3069.jpg
Views: 17988
Size:  107.2 KB

Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Did this on my 07 and 09 Lariats. 07 I had my shop do it because I didn't have spring compressor. 09 I did myself s they were the new quicklift loaded which come with spring installed. Install was pretty easy if you have done front end work before. Note you will need large sockets to remove lower strut bolt(can't remember size 32mm maybe somewhere in there??).

Quick Reply: Let's talk Leveling Kits (Pics requested) Reviews and Show how it Looks...