2009 - 2014 F-150

Let's talk Leveling Kits (Pics requested) Reviews and Show how it Looks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some opinions, Bilstein 5100 or go to the Rancho Quick lift on my 2014 Screw?

Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Or even the Eichbachs for that matter.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:38 PM
2" f150 leveling kit

Does anyone know of someone in the Oklahoma City area that will do quality work for a fair price? Merles and California customs both said it would be ~$400 to install and align a leveling kit. This seems high compared to the posts I have been reading from others. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

CLN

Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Looks good Pawpaw! I'll be right behind you shortly after my Bilstein install.
I think you'll be satisfied with them Darren...looking forward to seeing the end results!

Old 03-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
This is by far the best way to go for leveling in my opinion. I used to have the 2" auto spring spacer, but I wanted to upgrade the shocks, so I swapped it out for some Bilstein 5100s and I couldn't be happier. High performance shock absorbers and a leveling kit all in one package And they don't cost near as much as the Fox coilovers.
I had leveling kits in my 2 previous trucks because the Bilsteins were always on backorder. Local offroad shop had them in stock so I jumped on them and glad I did...went with fronts and rears to improve the truck's handling.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Charlie Neely
Does anyone know of someone in the Oklahoma City area that will do quality work for a fair price? Merles and California customs both said it would be ~$400 to install and align a leveling kit. This seems high compared to the posts I have been reading from others. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

CLN
I'd think more like $300 to 350 from a shop would be more reasonable.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Added Camo wrap to bug shield, Vinyl mountian decal to rear quarters and 5.0L Coyote badge and new shoes :-) Went up a bit in size on the tires. Tried out the Yokahoma Geolandar AT-s Got a great deal on them online from simple tire. 285/70/17

Originally Posted by 2008_XL
I really like the color and stance of your truck. Not a fan of the camo along the bottom. But it's not my truck.

Last edited by Bowhunter76; 05-24-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Truck

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
I went with the BDS 2.5-inch leveling system which uses a 2-piece front 2" strut spacer and separate preloaded 1/2" spacer, along with rear blocks that raises the rear by 1" for a 2.5 inch total as well so I retained the factory rake. I then went with 20x9 wheels with +18mm offset so that I could mount 34.5 inch tall (295/60R20) Trail Grapplers without rubbing the UCAs (had to do some minor trimming of the lower fender flare where they wrap underneath the truck as well as the front air dam). Also, this allowed me to pull the Trail Grapplers into the fenders a bit more than my previous setup (see below) which signifcantly decreased the tire noise at highway speeds.

The ride is still very pleasant and controlled. You can feel the extra mass of the tires on initial acceleration and turn in, but nothing that detracts from the driveability of the truck. However, the 5.0L doesn't seem to mind the extra weight as much as my mileage only dropped about 1 mpg on average for City driving which is not bad considering the extra lift and tire/wheel weight. I paid about $140 for the complete system plus installation. Just make sure you still get the truck aligned after the install.

On my previous setup, I went with a 2-inch Daystar front leveling system only which gave me a perfectly leveled stance. I also went with the Trail Grapplers but in the wider 305/60R20 (33.4 inches tall) size mounted on 20x9 wheels with +14mm offset. This setup caused my tires to stick out significantly more which allowed more tire howl at highway speeds to intrude into the cab. The ride was the same as stock save the extra mass of the tires again. However, with this setup (more contact with the pavement due to the wider tires) and the fact that I had the EcoBoost (which was more sensitive to the extra mass than the 5.0L has been), my mileage dropped significantly by 2-3 mpg City (the turbos were spooling up constantly which means more fuel). I paid about $130 for the system plus install and alignment.

what year is the red truck

Quick Reply: Let's talk Leveling Kits (Pics requested) Reviews and Show how it Looks...