Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great truck,like it alot but........

Hey all,

Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
    glc
    Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
    What are you getting for gas mileage on E-85?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM
    Received 1 Like on 1 Post
    My 2008 Sport Trac and my 2010 F150 are the quietest, most rattle free vehicles I've ever owned. In a truck no less!

Unfortunately the wifes new to her, 2010 Mustang GT convertible has a few rattles. Just in the convertible top as it's not a solid piece but linkages and bolts. After exercising the top a few times, it has gotten more quiet.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 PM
    Well to revive my old thread with a couple of useless responses,my truck seems to be sensitive to colder temps as the noises in the left rear area of cab have returned as a hot summer and a fairly warm fall kept the truck pretty quiet.Sounds like a tapping/ticking and even sometimes knocking sound coming just behind me on my side.Took off all supercab trim off and still there,dealer put new weatherstrip trim on rear of Scab door and adjusted both doors on that side but to no avail.Did anyone who had/has a similiar issue fix it somehow??,do sound deadeners work,great truck but this is getting annoying.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:31 PM
      I had a similar issue with the 2010. My noise would only show up when below freezing though but same area of the truck as you. Dealer adjusted the scab door and it has not returned after 1 year so far.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
      Same issue 11 FX4 SCREW 6'5 EB - ticking in DS door when cold. Going to dealer for this and the infamous (and utter crap) driveshaft yoke shudder, remote start only working occasionally, camera glitches, etc etc etc.

Let you know how it turns out....it been driving me NUTS for several months....worse as it gets cold. we are driving out west for a ski trip in 3 weeks and this will make me crazy. This shudder is especially annoying....why cant a company with this engineering ability behind it design something that works....

Honestly, 9000 kms and Im not impressed with this truck at all. My other truck is an 04 Dakota and it doesnt have a single rattle / tick etc. Come on Ford...... you're killing me here....feeling like I made an expensive mistake.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 PM
      Received 1 Like on 1 Post
      I think SCABs are prone to rattling because of the lack of a B pillar. My 04 FX4 rattled and creaked and it too was worse in cold weather. Yeah it's annoying, but I think that the cab flexes a bit and the 2 sets of doors rub on each other.

I have nothing to back this up on, other than it's my humble opinion. For you chris, I have no idea, I too have a SCREW and no noises to speak of.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:21 AM
      Originally Posted by jntibs
      I think SCABs are prone to rattling because of the lack of a B pillar. My 04 FX4 rattled and creaked and it too was worse in cold weather. Yeah it's annoying, but I think that the cab flexes a bit and the 2 sets of doors rub on each other.

I have nothing to back this up on, other than it's my humble opinion. For you chris, I have no idea, I too have a SCREW and no noises to speak of.
      Not necessarily true since I had a Nissan Titan extended cab(180 rear doors no b-pillar) for 6 and a half years and didn't make this much noise only maybe close towards the end.Had a 97 F150 Scab 4x4 with 8ft bed that was quiet and I bought that used with over 85K on the odo.On my 2011 however it's really only on 1 side and is prone on colder temps.Know how you feel Chris and I hope you resolve ur issues with ur truck.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM
      dlf
      I'm driving an '06 Silverado SCab and it is so loud it sounds like the windows are down... the seats creak, the doors rattle... I can't wait to replace it this year with a Ingot Silver FX2 Screw... got the new truck fever BAD... Had an 01 XLT Screw and don't know why I got rid of it... thinking about going with 5.0... no good reason, just scared of the Ecoboost...

Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
      I had a slight noise from the area you describe.

I adjusted my Scab's rear door striker so when the door latches, it latches firm.

Noise hasn't returned since, and that was when my XLT Scab was new and I'm going on two years next month.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
      I've sprayed silicone lube on door seals and hinges to quiet annoying rattles with good luck. I've also read a tip on inserting 1/4 rubber tubing into the weather stripping to firm up the seal and reduce noise.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 PM
      Originally Posted by Ford850
      I've sprayed silicone lube on door seals and hinges to quiet annoying rattles with good luck. I've also read a tip on inserting 1/4 rubber tubing into the weather stripping to firm up the seal and reduce noise.
      On a brand new truck I wouldnt be doing anything. The dealer would be. Not risking a warranty or wasting my time on money for something they should fix. I had a chevy door once that was in warranty and the door just had to be adjusted.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 PM
      have the same clunking rattle in my 09 SCAB. Lariat with all the options. learned to live with it. Don't want them taking it all apart and making it worse. I will try the silicone route and see what happens.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
      Originally Posted by nards444
      On a brand new truck I wouldnt be doing anything. The dealer would be. Not risking a warranty or wasting my time on money for something they should fix. I had a chevy door once that was in warranty and the door just had to be adjusted.
      +1! and yes it is still at the dealer since last Wednesday(1/25) and was updated that tech insulated the crap of both the scab and driver doors and secured down a loose wire harness in scab door but not all fixed yet.I wish it was as simple as just adjusting a door but I will update as soon as I get news from the dealer.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM
      Originally Posted by GLuca'sF150
      Not necessarily true since I had a Nissan Titan extended cab(180 rear doors no b-pillar) for 6 and a half years and didn't make this much noise only maybe close towards the end.Had a 97 F150 Scab 4x4 with 8ft bed that was quiet and I bought that used with over 85K on the odo.On my 2011 however it's really only on 1 side and is prone on colder temps.Know how you feel Chris and I hope you resolve ur issues with ur truck.
      My '05 Titan Crew Cab SE was a rattle trap. What didn't rattle should be the question?

My '11 SCab is also a rattle trap. My '07 STX SCab never rattled. It did however, get the crazy - unsolveable vibration that some have experienced, after it reached 42,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Great truck,like it alot but........