2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 F150 Stall

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 Stall

I bought my truck back in April 2010 and love every moment of it; XLT, 4.6 liter, 3 valve, 6 speed transmission, 5 1/2 bed size, XLT Chrome Package, Power Package, and Tow Package. I even added a BakFlip F1 and modded the reflector on each side mirror and turn them into an actual working turn signal.

Here is my situation, my engine stalled back in June, August, October, and now December 2010. It always occur unexpectedly when I am making a turn; voila, the engine just dies, absolutely NO power, no steering, and the brake pedal is hard to depress (stopping is impossible if you do not have the strength). I absolutely DO NOT allow my wife to use the new truck whatsoever for her safety and for the safety of my children. Anyhow, I have always followed three simple procedure to get out of my situation/predicament; (1) put the drive selector back into 'PARK' position, (2) put the key back into OFF position, (3) make sure all accessories are off, and then (4) turn the truck back ON. This procedure has never failed me BUT this is getting very dangerous and to add SALT into the injury, the people around me would say, "Wow, that is a brand new truck made by FORD and it stalls for no reason. Hmm, no wonder I don't buy American trucks!" Argh! my first American truck not at it's best; believe me, I am very proud of the truck but just not the quality. The SADDEST part about this is that I called the local Ford dealer, Cerritos Ford here in California, and I finally had the car inspected during my oil change but to my surprised they stated that there was (1) no problem with the truck and (2) there is no RECALL for this particular model (all is well, normal and healthy). I even mentioned to them to check the OBD computer ... and that too was hopeless since the dealer checked it out and to my surprise there is also NOTHING to note; everything in the system is fine. Well, after the first two stall, I would automatically run the sync 'Vehicle Report' hoping to capture anything and that too is hopeless. Needless to say, I have had two more incidents after the oil change and the dealer has the same answer.

So here I am very FRUSTRATED since the truck is not living to what it is suppose to be, Ford Tough! There is no toughness in my situation; only my frustration is getting tough. I have filed a complaint to NHTSA hoping that FORD would look into this. FYI: there are several complaints filed already related to engine stall (2010 model).

Question: has anyone experience this situation? If so, did the dealer look into this for you? What was the out come? Please let me know because I am ready to file a 'Lemon Law' very soon (three strikes, this truck is out).

Old 12-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
must be some sort of electrical issue, if it were me I'd disconnect any electrical work I had personally done. FS

Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 PM
My GF had a car that did that .She suspected the computer. The third time it happened she called Detroit and told them to replace computer .They did and there was no more problem !!
In any case you have a truck that has a dangerous condition. Don't drive it ! DEMAND action -replace parts - new vehicle etc.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:20 PM
2010 F-150 engines stalls

Good day everyone,

I bought my 2010 F-150 (brand new) 2 months ago and I am having the same issue. The engines stalls unexpectedly while driving or while being on Park gear.

I have not reported this issue to the dealership yet, but will this week.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and by any chance gotten it fixed by Ford ?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 PM
I also have a 2010 4.6l 3v with the 6spd, and mine at 2,500 miles stalled while starting to leave a stop, hit the gas all the sudden no power.. looked down and it wasnt running when 30 seconds before that it was when i stopped.. I'm not even going to bring it up to the dealer because they wouldnt be able to "recreate" the problem and just waste alot of my time. If it happens again then ill get into it with ford.

im kinda getting sick of this with fords. My boss had an 06 f-150 that stalled at odd times, my work truck is an 06 f350 v10 and that stalls at odd times repeadily, my 05 fx4 with the 5.4l did it a few times in the three years i owned that too. My bosses chevy 1500 never does this, nor does my chevy ck2500 work box truck with the 6.0l, cant see why ford cant make a vehicle that doesnt stall.

Last edited by Maxout05; 01-23-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM
My 2010 4.6 3v (picked up in April 2010) is running fine, no stalls. What is your build date? Any erratic idle before it dies?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by zski128
My 2010 4.6 3v (picked up in April 2010) is running fine, no stalls. What is your build date? Any erratic idle before it dies?
not sure on my build date have to look into it. But no no warning at all. I came to a stop sign, stopped, went to go and nothing happened, turned the radio off and realized the truck was not running, lol! The radio wasnt loud at all in fact it was talk radio on low volume and i never heard nothing happen. someone suggested the traction control caused a low rpm stall, but my question to them was how does that happen while completely stopped on dry pavement when it was running great when i came to the stop?
I've dealt with dealers before unless i bring it in stalling to them they wont do anything, so im not wasting my time with it.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Read this can be a few different things:

1) Loose connection in air intake (don't think this is your issue as I would think you would be stalling more often).
2) Transmission issue, bad valve body causing the transmission to lock during idle.
3) Software issue, reflash with newer version or replace PCM.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
That's a serious safety issue. Take it to the dealer again, leave it, and tell them to fix it. If they continue to throw up their arms, I'd take action under the lemon law.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Contact Ford they should get on this one pretty quick, that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Sounds like a Mazda I had. Dealer never found the problem and Mazda insisted there's no problem unless it can be duplicated. I sold that hunk of junk and have some else hate Mazda too.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 PM
2010 F-150 engines stalls

Thank you all for your comments.

I know since the first time it hapenned that I will have a hard time to get Ford to fix thhat problem....they first need to recreate it then good luck to figure out whats causing that....

Its like back pain....can't prove it to the doctor...but its there hurting you 24/7.

I will let ou guys know the verdict as soon as Im back from the dealership.

But I am quite convinced...somebody, somewhere in north america has had the same problem....fixed ! Where is that person that I need to talk to !!!!?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 PM
i have seen this on a few of the older F150s 04-08 before they did the 3 valve 4.6 in the F150s and on mine too (07 2 valve 4.6) where it was the throttle body killing the truck or causing rough idle even with no codes i worked on one the other day where the customer came in and requested replacing the spark plugs well did them and while test driving it drove fine but came to a stop and the rough idle started and went to take off and it died started up fine tho and drove back to the shop just fine checked for codes and it had nothing come to find out the customer was wanting to do spark plugs to fix his dying issue

Old 01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by binetd
But I am quite convinced...somebody, somewhere in north america has had the same problem....fixed ! Where is that person that I need to talk to !!!!?
Ha, I bet you are right. Have not seen any TSBs about this issue, but there seems to be a rash of these lately.

(07 2 valve 4.6) where it was the throttle body killing the truck or causing rough idle even with no codes
What was the issue with the throttle body? Bad sensor?

Found this thread on another forum. http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewt...p?f=69&t=90646

Were where the trucks built that stalled? Whats the build date?

Last edited by zski128; 01-24-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 PM
No sensor just internal failure I guess. I've seen some with a code to go along with it and some do it with no code just one of those things. I hope this helps but being its warranty its up to the dealership or Ford

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Stall