2009 - 2014 F-150

let the mods begin!!! 2010 FX2

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digbyz
Looks better. I still need to put my flip kit on but its to cold here in Illinois lol. and my front needs to come.down some. I get a slight rubbing noise when I crank it to the right but I think its just the plastic wheel well
What size tire are you running? Can you see any marks on the plastic liner from the tire? Does the tire look worn on the edge like it's rubbing? Turn it to full lock while parked and get out and look on both sides of the tire to see what is closest to touching. That should give you an idea about what is rubbing what.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Milt IV
then i...removed the badges that did not have holes behind them...
Which badges did you remove? Can anyone tell me which badges don't have holes behind them on a 2011 Lariat SCrew 4x4?

Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by tightbred
Which badges did you remove? Can anyone tell me which badges don't have holes behind them on a 2011 Lariat SCrew 4x4?
IVe wondered about this because my camaro is the same way on the trunk there is two holes. I wonder why manufactures are going through the trouble to put holes in panels now. I understand the thought that the emblem has pegs and they go through the hole and it will hold better. But in the last 50 years since when has emblems been falling of a huge issue? Specially do to the fact that add more material to the emblem, adding another process in the stamping production and the facts you are adding more holes which means more rust and water leaks. My only thought is they want to deter debadging of vehicles.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by nards444
IVe wondered about this because my camaro is the same way on the trunk there is two holes. I wonder why manufactures are going through the trouble to put holes in panels now. I understand the thought that the emblem has pegs and they go through the hole and it will hold better. But in the last 50 years since when has emblems been falling of a huge issue? Specially do to the fact that add more material to the emblem, adding another process in the stamping production and the facts you are adding more holes which means more rust and water leaks. My only thought is they want to deter debadging of vehicles.
The pegs are not there to hold them on but for alignment during robot assembly.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
I would love to see what your truck would look like with the 6.5' bed.

I've got a white Platinum screw with the 6.5' bed and I'm toying with the idea of lowering it... but don't want to end up regretting it.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
The pegs are not there to hold them on but for alignment during robot assembly.
Thats what I kind of thought but like I said they were put on for years without. Maybe they get an exact alignment everytime this way

Old 12-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Mine are taller than yours 285 45 22 but not as fat. and it wasn't rubbing when I checked it when o first put them on. its not a bad rub and its at full lockout. and I only crank the wheel all the way when in parking like a douche across 4 spots at work or the gym lol

Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by tightbred
Only the "flex fuel" and "Grand Prairie Ford" badges. All the rest have "alignment holes". I de-badged all my GM trucks and they never had "alignment holes". I think Ford really just does it so you don't remove your badges.

Originally Posted by TX Chris
I would love to see what your truck would look like with the 6.5' bed.

I've got a white Platinum screw with the 6.5' bed and I'm toying with the idea of lowering it... but don't want to end up regretting it.
It would probably look pretty sweet. You should try it out. If you don't like it take it off, go back to stock, and sell the drop kit to recoup some of your losses.

Originally Posted by digbyz
Mine are taller than yours 285 45 22 but not as fat. and it wasn't rubbing when I checked it when o first put them on. its not a bad rub and its at full lockout. and I only crank the wheel all the way when in parking like a douche across 4 spots at work or the gym lol
werd

Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Only the "flex fuel" and "Grand Prairie Ford" badges. All the rest have "alignment holes". I de-badged all my GM trucks and they never had "alignment holes". I think Ford really just does it so you don't remove your badges.

It would probably look pretty sweet. You should try it out. If you don't like it take it off, go back to stock, and sell the drop kit to recoup some of your losses.

werd
Chevy is doing it too. My camaro's bowtie on the trunk is that way. I understand it may help with alingment, but Im with you I think its de badging deterrent

Old 12-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Dealship Warranty Issues

I just started doing some mods to my 10' F-150 and I was worried about the same thing. I added the K&N Intake, and I can't lie I have noticed the timing is a little off, but the air flow is so much greater than the original intake that a programmer is recommended.

I'm lucky to have a ford racing shop nearby with a guy who is super knowledgeable about re-builds and performance.

He informed me of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The dealership has to honor the warranty unless they can prove the part you changed is actually causing the problem. Google it and you will have all the information you need. Actually passed by congress!

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by kraut2
question guys first off all you trucks look great now have you guys had any problems going back to the dealership and getting warranty work done? well l did so l started calling around and was told the same thing from all the dealers in my area and also called for motor company up and was told the same thing which is if the dealer thinks that a factory part went bad do to an aftermarket part that thay can and probly will cancel out that part of your warranty this just happened to me my tranny is shifting funny which is a common problem but the dealer told me that it was do to my fresh air kit (WHAT !!!) and that thay will not mess with it unless l want to pay or until l remove it l also have and mega flow exhaust delivered today that lm going to ship back because l also herd of a guy loosing his power train coverage when he developed an engine problem (dont make any sense eather) but l just wanted to let you guys know thats its up to the dealer and you have to fight to get you warranty back

Old 12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Your truck is sick!

Man I love your truck! I want to lower mine and get some shoes on it. Added a Air intake so now I need to get a programmer first to get everything running smooth and boost some performance.

Check out the head lights and tail lights on my truck, I think they would look sick on your ride! They are super reasonably priced too!

Also there is a bumper cover that I thought you may be interested in, to get rid of those plastic bumpers on your truck and keep everything smooth. check it out.

Anyways man keep up the work! Good to see someone taking their FX2 to the limits.

F-150 FX2
Truck Color Painted Front Grill
Rhino Liner
4-way Pioneer door speakers
2- 10' Kicker CVR Downfired
Limo Tint
LED Taillights
HID Headlights
Ultra Bright fog lights
Accent lighting
K&N Cold Air intake

If anyone needs an easy way to set up subs in the truck, tap into the speaker wire under the driver side door panel instead of pulling off the head unit.

My windows are so dark I can't see the output from the light anyhow. It would just be a cosmetic mod for me. Just so long as they are brighter than the stockers from the aspect of the other drivers on the road I should be good. I know my LED cargo lights are way brighter when you look at them than the incandescent were. I want to make sure other drivers can still see them good in parking lots and stuff because I live in DFW and we have way too many drivers around here that don't pay attention and can't drive worth a damn.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks man. Yeah I looked into that street scene bumper cover. Probably going to go that route once I get ready to do some body work and color matching.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Nicely done brother! This is making me re-think a lowering kit on mine. I may have to stick with the 2/4 kit as my wheel/tire assemblies stick out a little past the fender lips. I am thinking a regular cab/longbed would look sweet down a little. Again, sweet rig!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Milt.....When are you planning on bagging it?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Scooter M'Gee
Nicely done brother! This is making me re-think a lowering kit on mine. I may have to stick with the 2/4 kit as my wheel/tire assemblies stick out a little past the fender lips. I am thinking a regular cab/longbed would look sweet down a little. Again, sweet rig!
Thanks. I saw your truck in your thread and I think it would look sweet low down.
Originally Posted by jsvo5695
Milt.....When are you planning on bagging it?
Well since I am planning to actually lay frame there is a lot to it, which means a lot of cost, so it's gonna be a few months before I can pull the trigger. Hopefully I will have it done by my birthday in May.

Quick Reply: let the mods begin!!! 2010 FX2