2009 - 2014 F-150

Wrong place I know, but anways

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang girly supercrews everywhere...pulling real "off road" vehicles out of stuck places. thats no place for a screw.

O, yea no kids, personally i like the look of a screw over a scab or reg cab.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
You mean all those grocery-getters/rugrat-haulers? Yeah, I hate 'em! If I could have bought my truck with a regular cab, I would have. You'll never see me driving a SuperCrew. Those are for women to haul kids and contractors to haul mexicans.
Regardless of how you took my post, I'm not taking it personal, just sounds to me like you were saying they were useless. I merely just had a point to prove.

And you could have bought your truck in a reg cab. You just didn't want to wait.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
you know what they say, opinions are like *******s.

I happen to think that big brush guards are ugly as sin, but that is just my opinion. And I happen to think that the SCrew is the best looking truck on the road, that, along with functionality is why I bought one. I had a Raptor on order, but backed out and went with a SCrew because I couldn't deal with the extended cab...too small for 4 adults, and not enough room in the back to throw all of my gear. My stock "grocery getter/Mexican hauler" has probably seen more time off road than a lot of street queens with mud tires and big shiny chrome wheels, but that is off topic (along with all of the other bull**** in this thread).

The day that a Crew Cab raptor is available, I will be trading my truck in. Like I said, I want the room to haul 4 adults (some of us have friends), and I also want to be able to go out on the dunes and have some fun. I currently do this in my 2010 lariat, but I would much rather have the Raptor suspension sitting underneath me (and a 6.2 under the hood for that matter).

Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by dlenkewich
And you could have bought your truck in a reg cab. You just didn't want to wait.
The FX4, when it was a trim line, was not available in a regular cab.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Langford
The day that a Crew Cab raptor is available, I will be trading my truck in.
I'll check back with you in a few months, if they actually build that abomination.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Damn, there's already three models that are SCrew only:

King Ranch
Platinum
Harley

The Raptor is a short full off-road truck, why anyone would want that in a SCrew - I have no clue. If anything they should make a regular cab version, but I'm not reaally complaining there. I just think there doesn't need to be a SCrew for every model, especially the Raptor. It is my mind like Freeky said, adding another foot and an extra door to a GT500 Mustang. It just ain't right!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Borv
Damn, there's already three models that are SCrew only:

King Ranch
Platinum
Harley

The Raptor is a short full off-road truck, why anyone would want that in a SCrew - I have no clue. If anything they should make a regular cab version, but I'm not reaally complaining there. I just think there doesn't need to be a SCrew for every model, especially the Raptor. It is my mind like Freeky said, adding another foot and an extra door to a GT500 Mustang. It just ain't right!
I go to the dunes at least once a month, to get there...it is a 4+ hour drive. I pull my 24' flatbed trailer loaded with quads, and normally there are 4 of us in a truck + all of our gear. Normally, we ride the quads for a while, but get the trucks out and cruise around too. Like I said, I bought my current truck because I couldn't do this with a Raptor, we would either have to drive two vehicles or try packing 4 people in an extended cab...we have done that before, and I WONT do it again.

Do you really think that adding a foot to a truck will totally kill its performance? Remember, we aren't talking about a tight trail truck, or a small race truck. It is already an extended cab with a 5.5' bed....another foot to the the wheel base will have minimal effect on its performance for what it was intended for, and I will be one of the few people who use it for what its built for. My old truck (2004 F-250, crew cab, 6.5' bed with 38" tires) had NO problem getting around on the sand, the long wheel base had no ill effect on its drive ability out there...and compared to a lot of the shorter rigs (bronco's, blazers, etc.) my ride was much smoother through the whoops and all of the choppy stuff due to the longer wheel base. My current 2010 Crew Cab F-150 with the 5.5' bed gets around just fine out there too, I have pushed it over the suspensions limits a few times, and that is why I want a Raptor. Getting high centered is one negative aspect of a long wheel base, but the challenge is part of the fun...

Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Langford
I go to the dunes at least once a month, to get there...it is a 4+ hour drive. I pull my 24' flatbed trailer loaded with quads, and normally there are 4 of us in a truck + all of our gear. Normally, we ride the quads for a while, but get the trucks out and cruise around too. Like I said, I bought my current truck because I couldn't do this with a Raptor, we would either have to drive two vehicles or try packing 4 people in an extended cab...we have done that before, and I WONT do it again.

Do you really think that adding a foot to a truck will totally kill its performance? Remember, we aren't talking about a tight trail truck, or a small race truck. It is already an extended cab with a 5.5' bed....another foot to the the wheel base will have minimal effect on its performance for what it was intended for, and I will be one of the few people who use it for what its built for. My old truck (2004 F-250, crew cab, 6.5' bed with 38" tires) had NO problem getting around on the sand, the long wheel base had no ill effect on its drive ability out there...and compared to a lot of the shorter rigs (bronco's, blazers, etc.) my ride was much smoother through the whoops and all of the choppy stuff due to the longer wheel base. My current 2010 Crew Cab F-150 with the 5.5' bed gets around just fine out there too, I have pushed it over the suspensions limits a few times, and that is why I want a Raptor. Getting high centered is one negative aspect of a long wheel base, but the challenge is part of the fun...
I agree whole heartedly with you. However, you'd never be able to tow the 24 foot trailer with a Raptor... The soft suspension made for soaking up the woops won't handle a heavy trailer... But the Cab is so big in a SCREW, you can just sleep there!

Old 04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Raptor Towing Specs

Maximum towing capacity (lb.): 6,000

In this picture the jackstand is hidden behind the brake rotor, where it is supporting the axle directly. The suspension is therefore loaded as if the truck were sitting normally on its tires, which means you can't see the impressive 12.1" of rear suspension travel, the majority of which is "droop" travel you'd only see by jacking the truck by its frame -- or by jumping it.

These leaf springs look fairly soft, with only two main leafs. The third "helper" leaf (black) is short and insubstantial. It all adds up to a more-linear rear suspension that's good at gliding over whoops and ruts in the dirt, but less-than-ideal for high payloads and large trailer tongue weights.

The listed payload for the Raptor is 1,020 lbs, but that's only if the actual truck sticks close to Ford's claimed 5,863-pound curb weight. This Raptor weighed 5,957 pounds on our scales. When we subtract that from the Raptor's 6,950-pound GVWR, we're left with an actual as-equipped payload of 993 pounds for this particular truck.

But this 993 pounds must be further-reduced by the weight of the driver, passengers and any junk in the cab. Yep, you and your buddies are payload. With two 200-pounders aboard, for example, only 593 pounds remain for cargo in the bed (such as a pair of dirtbikes) or for trailer tongue weight (just barely adequate for a 6,000 lb trailer). That's an "or" folks because trailer tongue weight is considered payload. Don't expect to tow much of anything with stuff in the bed, or vice-versa.

But a softer spring package such as this is necessary to allow the long-stroke off-road travel that the Raptor delivers. Besides, the Raptor fulfills the role of dirtbike on its own.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by sozzy1269
Is there something wrong with kids or Mexicans? I have hauled both, and yes, so has my wife. That's why the Supercrew was invented... to haul a CREW.
While I agree that many suburban yuppies do buy a Supercrew to replace the SUV or station wagon of yesteryear, do not condemn all SCREW owners as such. Some of us actually use it for it's intended purposes as a truck. We just happen to be taking Kids or Mexicans with us.

Well said.
I can go to the ballpark for a t-ball game & go to Lowes after.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Good luck carrying your four buddies and all their gear and towing a 24' flatbed trailer carrying four quads behind a Raptor Screw, which will have even less payload than the Scab. Sounds like a pipe dream to me!

Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 AM
That's the only issue I'm worried about. I know that the Scab is rated at 6000 lbs towing capacity, so hopefully the SCrew will be about the same, or at least not much less.

This is my trailer and the normal load on it:

One of my quads is around 450 lbs, the other is around 550, my RZR weighs around 1100 lbs...that is the normal load on the trailer. The trailer itself is fairly light, it only has 3500 lb axles and isn't extremely heavy duty like a car hauler...my guess, under 2k lbs by itself. Right there is just a little over 4k lbs...occasional, I get stuck hauling our friends quads up too, so that is another 900 or so lbs. Still within the rating of the current Raptor, but on the upper limits when you consider the extra fuel and gear I will throw in. My current truck does squat a little bit with the above load, but it handles it well (and that was before a WD hitch or anything). Hopefully the SCrew Raptor won't have an extremely low towing capacity, that will be the only thing that will keep me from buying one. I know, I want the best of both worlds...plenty of room for everybody, still have a decent towing capacity, but still have the suspension and capability of the Raptor.

*edit*

I just went out and checked the trailer out, looks like the trailer weighs 1420 lbs...that is if the tag is correct. The trailer is rated at 7000lbs total, and it says that the cargo shouldn't exceed 5580lbs, so that puts the trailer weight around 1420lbs. As long as I load the trailer to keep the tongue weight around 10% of the total, and put all of our gear in the trailer instead of in the bed, I should be close to the rating of the truck (keeping my fingers crossed)

Last edited by Langford; 04-25-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 PM

You mean all those grocery-getters/rugrat-haulers? Yeah, I hate 'em! If I could have bought my truck with a regular cab, I would have. You'll never see me driving a SuperCrew. Those are for women to haul kids and contractors to haul mexicans.
It's our personal taste bud, so your saying the supercrew short bed was a wasted platform style for the truck, am I right.

Last edited by 06' Ford; 04-25-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah thats what he is basically saying. Just forgive freeky as he learned this week Big ben is out for the first 6 games on suspension. He knows he won't see the Steelers in the superbowl for at least another 2 years now. Sorry that he is taking out his anger on all of us screw owners

Old 04-25-2010, 05:07 PM

A little racist/schovinist aren't we??? Never knew driving a supercrew meant these things. You sound really ignorant freeky...you may want to check yourself, or just carry on with your bad self...

Last edited by SoTxFx4; 04-25-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrong place I know, but anways