2009 - 2014 F-150

Trying to purchase a f150, but something sounds iffy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was negotiating for my truck i went into the dealer, told then exactly what I wanted and what I was going to pay for it. It took a good portion of the day but the eventually came down to within $200 of my price. The Sales Manager actually came out of his office and asked me to leave when I told them the needed to come down that extra $200. I agreed to that price if they would include 6 years of mainenance and they went for it. I think that is better than what I originally wanted.

DONT GET THE SILVERADO. the 2010 chevys aren't half the truck that the f-150's are. I was going to get the Silverado my self until I looked into it after the Chevy salesman angered me.

Good Luck

Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Ex Chevy Lover
When I was negotiating for my truck i went into the dealer, told then exactly what I wanted and what I was going to pay for it. It took a good portion of the day but the eventually came down to within $200 of my price. The Sales Manager actually came out of his office and asked me to leave when I told them the needed to come down that extra $200. I agreed to that price if they would include 6 years of mainenance and they went for it. I think that is better than what I originally wanted.

DONT GET THE SILVERADO. the 2010 chevys aren't half the truck that the f-150's are. I was going to get the Silverado my self until I looked into it after the Chevy salesman angered me.

Good Luck
That goes without saying! GM has really gone downhill since the 60's and early 70's...

Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by EsoxShep
SuperCab. It's funny, when I bought the 97 Scab, I needed the extra seating for the kids. When the Screws came out, I wished I had one. Now the kids are grown, and I rarely have anybody in the back again, so I'm going with the Scab again.

I'm going in 1 hour to complete the deal. I wonder how they are going to react to the extra $750 rebate I'm bringing with me.

Here's a preview.

Very nice Shep, very nice. I like the grille too, I guess yours has the same grille I will be getting on mine. I read somewhere on this forum this weekend that the chrome package grille has a diamond pattern inside the large fins, and the regular grille has black squares inside of it. I think I like the black squares better. Don't get me wrong, I like chrome just fine, but I think it can be over done. I think the black squares will look better on my truck, since it's going to be Ingot Silver.

I'm getting a Super Cab too. I personally have no need for the extra room in the back seat either. It would probably be a "Blue Moon" if I ever had anyone in the back seat. And if I did it would probably be the grand-kids for a very short trip at best. To each his own, I can see why some people would want the bigger backseat however, and more power to them. It's all about choice, and the Screws are very popular. I think I would rather have the longer 6-1/2 foot bed instead.

Once again nice truck.

Bob

Quick Reply: Trying to purchase a f150, but something sounds iffy...