2009 - 2014 F-150

1st trip to the dealer for a warranty item may be a big one....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st trip to the dealer for a warranty item may be a big one....

So when I bought my truck the moon roof was rattling while open, both moving down a smooth highway or a bumpy back road. I asked them to fix, they said they looked at it and it was good to go, I took it home. Well, it rained for 2 weeks straight and wasn't until last weekend we started having really nice weather, I opened it up, it rattles still. I bring it in today to have them look at it.....now they are calling some Ford hot line and can't tell me anything until they talk to these people. All they could tell me was the moon roof didn't look like the rest of them and something was different than the rest of the trucks.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow when they are supposed to call me back. The said it has to go to the body shop next. If they have to tear into the interior I am not going to happy. If they have to do something with the roof and/or painting, that is not going to happen, they can have the truck back....they have a nice Black Raptor sitting there that would make me feel all kinds of better . I will keep everyone updated.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Ford called yesterday. They want the truck back to remove the sun roof and then they have to call Ford hotline back to proceed. To do so, they said they had to take the head liner down (obviously) but they also had to take the rear glass out. I am not too hot on all of this as my last new truck had to go in for something similar (sliding rear widow install) and it had all kinds of problems....plastic streesed and discolored, hooks broken, greasy finger prints on the ceiling, all of which took several trips back to the dealer to get fixed. I am dropping the truck off 1st weel of December where all this work will start. They said it may be 1 day or it could be 2 weeks. If it is structural, they will work with me to make the situation right, whatever that means. I hope they take care of me, I have bought 3 cars from them in the past 5 years 2 of which were new and recommended 2 people to them who bought cars. My salesmen said if I am not happy with the repairs he (they) would work with me to get Ford to buy it back.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Just keep a positive attitude and hopefully things will work out. It sucks you have to take your brand new truck in but they should be able to get it fixed up for you in no time. Goodluck.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I had the moon roof fixed in my wife's Expedition and they also had to take everything in the interior apart. Surprisingly I can't even tell they did anything. I was also worried about how the headliner would look.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Does the Lemon Law apply to this one? Might be worth a try, who knows

Good Luck

FB

Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Lemon Law in MO needs a problem documented (they say written documentation) 3 times in a given time period (can't think of the time period right now) OR To be in the shop for 45 consecutive working days. From my records, this would be try 2 for them on fixing this since I had them look at it before I bought the truck as I was concerned then.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Been at the dealer now for 3 days and they are still working on it. They had it gutted in about 5 hours. Then had to put the sun roof back in and then call Ford back after sending digital pictures to them. They can't figure out what is wrong and why it rattles so they are depending on Ford to tell them what to do.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Must be hard to watch your new truck get torn apart...hope they get it figured out.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Not to mention the extra rattles you'll get from everyhting being apart.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I feel your pain. Mine leaks every time I go through the car wash.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Truck was returned to me yesterday afternoon. A couple pieces of plastics were scuffed which they are replacing as of today

Seems to have fixed it, and to my surprise, no rattles.

The Service Manager told me that FORD wanted to cut the top of the truck off and install a new top.........my heart dropped when they told me that. Luckily, he told Ford that wasn't going to happen. There was an inner frame piece in the roof of the truck that didn't have the correct arch on it. The simply bent it some more and viola, no more rattles.

So, disaster diverted, until next time........

Quick Reply: 1st trip to the dealer for a warranty item may be a big one....