2009 - 2014 F-150

A/C not blowing!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C not blowing!

Hi all!

I'm the proud owner of a 3 week old F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4. Lovin' it, but here is the problem...

The driver's side vents do not blow air out when I start up the pickup. If I drive around long enough, the vents begin to blow. It is an intermittent problem.

Has anyone else found this problem? What was the solution?

I really love the vehicle and absolutely enjoy this website. Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I can say this is the first time I have heard of this problem. Take it back to the dealer and see what they find - be sure to post the results.

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
I can say this is the first time I have heard of this problem. Take it back to the dealer and see what they find - be sure to post the results.

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:53 PM

Probably a silly question, but does your truck have the electronic automatic temprature control on it? If so the truck will shift the blend door to direct the air out various locations if you are running in the automatic mode.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:36 AM
DeereGeff,

It does have the electronic automatic temprature control. This condition happens when temperature setting is 60*, outside is 100* and passenger side control is NOT engaged. I can hear the fan blowing hard. Air is blowing hard out the passenger side, but no air coming out the driver's vents.

Have even taken the A/C out of automatic mode with same results.

The dealership I bought at has taken a look at it twice with no resolution. I'm going to try another dealership this weekend.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried setting the temp to around 70? I usually set it to either high 60's or low 70's when it is that hot out.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I noticed this too a little with my EATC. Just starting out during a hot day and set at 60 and it does blow out of the vents but not very hard. But then about a 1 mile or so down the road, it finally does start blowing really hard like it's supposed to when on MAX/high setting.

this is my first truck with EATC so I don't know if that's normal or not...

Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I think thats normal. My '03 doesn't have this, but my parents 2 vehicles do. I think it has something to do with the A/C trying to cool, before it begins blowing. It always does this when you have the setting very low(like the low 60's), and the A/C is set at high. If you higher the temp a little it should be fine.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by BlueFlareside
Have you tried setting the temp to around 70? I usually set it to either high 60's or low 70's when it is that hot out.
I have moved the temp setting from min to max with the same results.

Seems to come "unstuck" after I move the settings from defrost to floor to panel.

Dropped by Dealership #2 today and showed it to a service tech. "I've never seen this before" he said.

He stated that there is only one fan in the A/C system. SInce I hear the fan running on high, air coming full flow from the passenger side vents, no air coming from driver side vents...it is my guess that there is some sort of damper problem.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Okay...here is the final report on this problem.

The "Blend Door" had a problem and was required to be replaced. The report said something about foam dislodged which prevented the blend door from operating properly.

To access this part, the front seats, center console and dash had to be removed. In the shop for two days.

Thanks to all on this forum that have given guidance in the past. I hope that this is a single case. If not, maybe this post will give good guidance to others!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear they fixed your problem. There are foam pieces all under the dash to keep things from making noise - while unfortunate, I can see how this would happen. It is disappointing that they had to disassemble your interior...hopefully that won't cause things to make more noise than normal down the road.

Would you mind telling me the two dealers that you went to? I live in Houston (katy) and would like to know for future reference...

Old 09-05-2009, 08:36 PM
With the EATC, don't you just set it and forget it? That's the way I use it (set at 72F). And when it's hot outside, the EATC works hard to cool down the cab as fast as possible.

Quick Reply: A/C not blowing!