2009 - 2014 F-150

Tranny problems on the 09?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny problems on the 09?

first i relizes there is a tranny section but i figured i would get much more feed back from the 09 guys.
onward...
I searched the forurms and seen you guys talking about a harsh 1-2 and a 5-4 shift but im having a slide bump and slipping along with tc locking up at low speeds making the truck feel like its going to stall( like if you let the clutch out on a stick when your stopping, that chuggy feeling) i'll be taking it back to the dealership this week, but has anyone else had a slide bumb, not the harsh shift???

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM
yes, my new 09 Platinum does exactly the same thing. I took it to the dealer for another problem, and when i asked about the shifting problem, they told me they wouldn't do anything unless it threw a code. Of course it doesn't throw a code.
My problem is more noticeable when pulling my boat, but it is there all the time. If I am not mistaken, it is the 6-5 shift between 1500-1800 RPM, when the trannny is just on the verge of shifting. As soon as it downshifts the chugging/jerking goes away immediately. i am going to take it back in soon and try again. A vehicle with a $49k sticker should be perfect!

hamahed

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
First this has been discussed before there is a reprogram TSB for shift concerns with the 6sp only.

second you have a bad dealer. they should have at look at it for you.

so do a forum search and you will find the other thread with all the TSB info take your trucks in a get it fixed.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
sounds like something my dealer would say...I hate those guys.

never go to the following: Wayne County Ford in PA
Scranton Ford PA
or Purvis Ford Fredericksburg VA

Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I'll be taking my truck back to the dealer at my first opportunity. Thanks for the info Deano-FX4

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by hamahed
I'll be taking my truck back to the dealer at my first opportunity. Thanks for the info Deano-FX4
no worries i hope they get it fixed up for you. the 6sp is a great tranny in my opinion, and other than a few complaints of the harsh shfit concern we have yet to see any problems with them.

we have one customer who has 25,000km on his truck in 6 months and he loves it. he has no complaints at all.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
The TSB is 09-11-5. Do a google search for it and all the info will pop up.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Earlier today my truck shifted so hard that it felt like I had just been rear-ended. I was changing lanes and hit the gas to accelerate. When I did there was an audible pop and the truck jerked so hard that I immediately looked in the rear view mirror to see what had just hit me. This really concerns me. I bought the truck last Tuesday. I am taking it in tomorrow to have the spray in liner done and I am going to tell them to check it out.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by jasontjames
Earlier today my truck shifted so hard that it felt like I had just been rear-ended. I was changing lanes and hit the gas to accelerate. When I did there was an audible pop and the truck jerked so hard that I immediately looked in the rear view mirror to see what had just hit me. This really concerns me. I bought the truck last Tuesday. I am taking it in tomorrow to have the spray in liner done and I am going to tell them to check it out.
Probably just the software reflash. I had an '01 Lincoln LS Sport that did the same thing..when you would be going at freeway speeds, ease off the gas, then reapply it - sometimes it would hesitate just a wee bit them SLAM into gear...probably just that you need the new tranny software reflash...oh for the "good old days" of a simple non computerized 3 speed honest to goodness auto transmission with a metal "kick down" linkage attached to the carb linkage...simple yet effective and bullet proof Not that I would remember such antiquated machinery...but my friend Barritia remembers it well

Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
ok sorry its been a while since i have been on here, but i said slide bump i did a forum search only found the hard shift. number 2 brought it back for the tsb. still has the problem, although it hasnt slipped again, but the 1-2 still has a sever slide bump.... and still has a downshift problem, when coming to a stop it goes from third to first and it slams... way more noticeable when towing... im going back down to the dealership as soon as i get a chance.... anyone else have a problem after the tsb was fixed?

Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
no worries i hope they get it fixed up for you. the 6sp is a great tranny in my opinion, and other than a few complaints of the harsh shfit concern we have yet to see any problems with them.

we have one customer who has 25,000km on his truck in 6 months and he loves it. he has no complaints at all.
by the way while at the dealer getting the tsb done i was talking tranny guy just chattin about work and such since, im a r&r/ apprentice builder myself and he said that he has been in quite a few of the 6r80 units already, although a few where city owned trucks but still, been out for a year and hes been in to several of them...

Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to point out that only the 6sp transmission with the 5.4L V8 has been fixed. The 4.6L V8 with the 6sp transmission still has the problem.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by d4studmuf1n
by the way while at the dealer getting the tsb done i was talking tranny guy just chattin about work and such since, im a r&r/ apprentice builder myself and he said that he has been in quite a few of the 6r80 units already, although a few where city owned trucks but still, been out for a year and hes been in to several of them...
we haven't had one out yet. i don't think we have even had anyone in with any complaints.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Took my Lariat in today, didn't even have the thing for 24hours before this problem occurred.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
we haven't had one out yet. i don't think we have even had anyone in with any complaints.
must just be luck i guess,

Quick Reply: Tranny problems on the 09?