F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2009 - 2014 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150-105/)
-   -   Power Tailgate Lock? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150/381405-power-tailgate-lock.html)

NastyFX4 12-17-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by user error (Post 4932185)
here's post number 94? I don't get what you're tryin to say...

#95... Not sure how you missed it.

FX2-Chris6 12-17-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by sharper4 (Post 4932362)
I've done three of these now with this actuator and all three retained full access of using the actual key.

You can still use the key to lock and unlock the standard lock. But if you have the actuator in the lock position the tailgate is locked. You can not unlock it with the key. So its like having 2 locks. If either is locked you can not open.

Originally Posted by User Error (Post 4932176)
I do have one question, Anyone know which wires it is in the passenger side door sill? I want it to take two hits on the remote plus all my other wires enter the truck in the front passenger sill at the grommet right there at the right place...

The picture I posted is for the driver side, (not the passenger side) however it is the wire that goes to the rear driver door. So I'm assuming if you tap that it would work with a double press. I actually don't know b/c I had set my truck to unlock rear doors with single press.

User Error 01-17-2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by FX2-Chris6 (Post 4932565)
The picture I posted is for the driver side, (not the passenger side) however it is the wire that goes to the rear driver door. So I'm assuming if you tap that it would work with a double press. I actually don't know b/c I had set my truck to unlock rear doors with single press.

Yeah the pass side will unlock on the second botton press, thats how I just did mine. Pulled an old Actuator I had in the garage and 4 bucks worth of wire and about an hour and it's in and fully operational. Locks and unlocks with the fob or key. and actuates on the second unlock click.

homewood4 02-02-2013 02:08 AM

Need help w2007 super crew tailgate actuator mod

Chased this thread half a dozen times but can't find anywhere definitive wire colors and location of wires for 2007 super crew for the power tailgate lock actuator mod.

Tried pink w/black and pink w/orange wires at drivers door sill. No luck...
Am I in the right harness looking at correct wires?

Does the actuator need to be grounded?

Thanks

User Error 02-02-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by homewood4 (Post 4949686)
Chased this thread half a dozen times but can't find anywhere definitive wire colors and location of wires for 2007 super crew for the power tailgate lock actuator mod.

Tried pink w/black and pink w/orange wires at drivers door sill. No luck...
Am I in the right harness looking at correct wires?

Does the actuator need to be grounded?

Thanks

Well that would be because this is the 2009-2013 section of the forum... No the actuator does not have to be "Grounded" like you are thinking. When you find the proper wires they fluxuate between hot and ground. One will be Hot and the other will be Ground on the lock pulse, and Visa Versa on the unlock pulse. The wires will be in both the drivers and Passengers door sills as they will have to run thru there to get to the rear doors. You may want to search the threads in the proper section of the site for your body style and I'm sure someone with that truck will have a wiring scematic to help you out...

KRIEGHOFF 02-02-2013 04:03 PM

I have a trailgate pull out step.

Does anyone know how to get the handle off?

User Error 02-02-2013 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by KRIEGHOFF (Post 4949820)
I have a trailgate pull out step.

Does anyone know how to get the handle off?

I have it as well... are you talking about the stripper pole? If so it's pretty simple take out the 12 or so bolts that hold on the plastic tail gate liner, once it's out of the way there's i think 6 bolts that hold on the pole? You'll need the metal panel from ford for one without the step to make it look right then you can do away with the plastic if you wish... or are you talking about another handle?

rimraiderbalh3 01-06-2014 07:25 PM

Truck: 2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Platinum Super Crew with Tailgate Step, Bed Extender, and Power Running Boards.
Bedrug model #: BRQ09SCSGK
Bedlocker model #: BLF2843
Powergate model #: LK370
Weathergate model #: N/A
Considerations:
A. Powergate instructions that were provided are written for 2010 year models and older. Pace Edwards does not provide any instructions for 2011 or newer models. The instructions are occasionally inaccurate or just flat wrong. I developed an elegant solution that was reviewed and endorsed by two local Ford dealers. Feedback and recommendations were provided to Pace Edwards with no response at time of this writing.
I. Two wires will need to be lengthened and four shortened.

I have detailed coordinated instructions. Will post once I'm approved to include attachments.

speedstang 01-06-2014 08:28 PM

Just read through this whole thread. Need a nap now.

Is there a plug n play kit for 09+? Or is best way to just buy actuator n do it yourself? Would like to do this one day.

Jack_Toepfer 01-06-2014 08:43 PM

I plan on making mine, making one for a friend, and if testing goes well - I'll have pretty robust plug and play options available for us.

speedstang 01-06-2014 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_Toepfer (Post 5050360)
I plan on making mine, making one for a friend, and if testing goes well - I'll have pretty robust plug and play options available for us.

Sounds good keep me posted.

hammer65 12-06-2014 05:05 PM

When you open the drivers door manually, and all the doors unlock, does the tailgate unlock?

Formula jg 12-07-2014 06:16 PM

hammer65, yes the tailgate will unlock when you open driver door.

greybeard59 12-08-2014 08:17 AM

My actuator died last month. Just got a new one off eBay, popped the cover off the tailgate, replaced the bad one and done in a few minutes. The boot on the actuator developed a rip in it and dirt got in the mechanism. That's what killed it after 3 years.

geo

Formula jg 12-08-2014 07:57 PM

That's the exact same scenario that happened to my first actuator.