F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2009 - 2014 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150-105/)
-   -   Power Tailgate Lock? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2014-f-150/381405-power-tailgate-lock.html)

ibcop 10-17-2009 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by jhaskin4 (Post 3928534)
Got the kit yesterday - the bracket is pretty beefy, and clearly fits better than the PE one. I installed the actuator and the short harness, but ran out of time today and only ran the short harness out of the tailgate and put the tailgate cover back. Have to wait for next weekend to finish the wiring.

Good deal!

3kgtSL91 10-18-2009 02:44 AM

just ordered my dynolock after reading this thread! thanks :)

fjc 10-18-2009 09:02 AM

I think this will be one of the first mods to my truck once I get it. I'm always picking up kids from events, it'd be nice to be able to unlock the tailgate without having to shut off the engine and hand them the keys so they can unlock it to throw their crap in the bed.

How hard was it to run the wire underneath and into the cab?

jhaskin4 10-25-2009 06:49 PM

Just wired mine today.

Not hard to run the wires - there is a convenient rubber plug at the back of the cab. I was a little brain dead and it took me a while to find the right wires in the driver's door sill - be sure to look there and not in the back door sill. The pic in the thread above is exactly right for an 09 Platinum.
I had to bend the dynolock bracket some to get everything working exactly right.

ibcop 10-25-2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jhaskin4 (Post 3938535)
Just wired mine today.

Not hard to run the wires - there is a convenient rubber plug at the back of the cab. I was a little brain dead and it took me a while to find the right wires in the driver's door sill - be sure to look there and not in the back door sill. The pic in the thread above is exactly right for an 09 Platinum.
I had to bend the dynolock bracket some to get everything working exactly right.

Glad you got it installed.

jdtech65 10-25-2009 09:08 PM

Where is the best place to order these from? I've searched some and the only place I've really seen is straight from the dynolock site. Any other sites out there with a beter place? My B-day is in 2 1/2 weeks so buying myself some more mods. :D

jhaskin4 10-25-2009 10:30 PM

Ordered mine from the Dynolock site.

I have to say, the folks in this forum are just great people - thanks to Ibcop for the followup call today.

ibcop 10-26-2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by jdtech65 (Post 3938721)
Where is the best place to order these from? I've searched some and the only place I've really seen is straight from the dynolock site. Any other sites out there with a beter place? My B-day is in 2 1/2 weeks so buying myself some more mods. :D

I think you only can get them through www.dynolock.com

I spoke with "Jim" when I ordered mine. Great guy to deal with. :thumbsup:

ibcop 10-26-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jhaskin4 (Post 3938840)
Ordered mine from the Dynolock site.

I have to say, the folks in this forum are just great people - thanks to Ibcop for the followup call today.

That's what we are here for! :thumbsup:

DeereGeff 11-01-2009 11:38 PM

Posted on wrong topic.:o

Grunthunter 01-05-2010 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by ibcop (Post 3919823)
PM me and I will give you the part number I have from Dynolock. The latest version from them is sturdier than previous models. They too had the wrong wiring colors, but I did email them with the correct colors.

Let me know if I can help. :thumbsup:

ibcop, I was e-mailing back and forth with Jim at Dynolock today trying to make sure the Dynolock would work OK with my backup camera and integrated tailgate step with the assist handle. This is the reply I received back: " The lock works with the rear doors or with the passenger door on 2 door and extended cab models. You would need the FFS09CHSA. It is fairly easy to install.
Jim
"

Is this the same part number you received. I asked him several times for an advanced copy of their installation instructions but he wouild never respond to that request. Anyone have a pdf copy they could send me? I to am a little confused as to whether you route the wires up to the rear passenger door or over and up to the drivers door sill. Having to hit the remote twice to unlock the t-gate doesn't seem like a hassle with me.

From what I've read here now, it appears that the Dynolock is a lot better quality so I guess I'll be making the call. Sure would be nice to see the instruction in advance to know what I'm getting into. I'm not as flexible as I used to be so I may have to have someone crawl around under the truck and install it for me. I just want to make sure it is done RIGHT! ;)

ibcop 01-05-2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Grunthunter (Post 4029294)
ibcop, I was e-mailing back and forth with Jim at Dynolock today trying to make sure the Dynolock would work OK with my backup camera and integrated tailgate step with the assist handle. This is the reply I received back: " The lock works with the rear doors or with the passenger door on 2 door and extended cab models. You would need the FFS09CHSA. It is fairly easy to install.
Jim
"

Is this the same part number you received. I asked him several times for an advanced copy of their installation instructions but he wouild never respond to that request. Anyone have a pdf copy they could send me? I to am a little confused as to whether you route the wires up to the rear passenger door or over and up to the drivers door sill. Having to hit the remote twice to unlock the t-gate doesn't seem like a hassle with me.

From what I've read here now, it appears that the Dynolock is a lot better quality so I guess I'll be making the call. Sure would be nice to see the instruction in advance to know what I'm getting into. I'm not as flexible as I used to be so I may have to have someone crawl around under the truck and install it for me. I just want to make sure it is done RIGHT! ;)

Grunthunter - yes, that is the same part number I have. I ran my wires under the truck (inside plastic loom to protect from the elements) up to the driver rear door, then inside the cab through the grommet. I tied into the wires at the pillar. I do have the instructions as well and can email them if you'd like. PM me your email address.

Dark_Wizard 01-06-2010 08:09 AM

Great thread, looking to do this myself.

Thanks,
Bob

ibcop 01-06-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard (Post 4029963)
Great thread, looking to do this myself.

Thanks,
Bob

You'd think the tailgate would come with the lock/unlock feature! :D

txarsoncop 01-06-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by ibcop (Post 4029978)
You'd think the tailgate would come with the lock/unlock feature! :D

Agreed! You'd think FoMoCo would pull their collective heads out on this one, ridiculously obvious option/solution.

I also still urge anyone half inclined to do this mod to look at buying a lock actuator and doing this mod yourself. Simple and cheap! I used 'trailer kit' wiring in case I decided to run anything else, like a rear camera, at a later date.