2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SVT Raptor starting price much cheaper than expected!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
They don't need to be in stock. The dealer can have one for a showroom model and people who want the Raptor will order them. I haven't seen a Platinum F-150 on a dealer lot but people on the forums have found a way to get them. The massive markups is just speculation. It would be stupid to put a massive markup on any truck in this economy.
Well i see it like this. Most people who spend that kind of money on a truck wanna test drive it first. I know i would and im not normally a person who does that. Ordered my platinum without test driveing. Now if a dealer does get one then they are going to know that the people who have the money and want a truck like this will pay over the odd's for it. You know as well as i do what dealers are like. The platinum is still going to be a min of $10k cheaper and a lot better truck for 99% of people and i know that even if both were the same price i would still go for tha platinum as i would have zero use for a truck like that and im sure again 99% of other people dont either. But it is a very cool truck but $50+k could def be spent better.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Well i see it like this. Most people who spend that kind of money on a truck wanna test drive it first. I know i would and im not normally a person who does that. Ordered my platinum without test driveing. Now if a dealer does get one then they are going to know that the people who have the money and want a truck like this will pay over the odd's for it. You know as well as i do what dealers are like. The platinum is still going to be a min of $10k cheaper and a lot better truck for 99% of people and i know that even if both were the same price i would still go for tha platinum as i would have zero use for a truck like that and im sure again 99% of other people dont either. But it is a very cool truck but $50+k could def be spent better.
I pretty much agree with all that, although there are some people on here who I would think would really want the raptor for what it can do since it appears they use it have fun messin around in the sand dunes and whatnot. There's a few people on here who have modded their '04's a lot, with names like desertdawg and such. The '04's all modded to do that, in my opinion, have always looked awful (i.e. missing bumpers, etc.) Now they can get a 150 that will look great and still do the off-road desert dune buggy whatever stuff they like to do. Of course, that's prob like 1% of the population, the rest will prob go for a Lariat or Plat for similiar pricing. It's a niche truck, but very well done for what it is. I give Ford a thumbs up, even though I'm not interested at all. Here ya go, FMC -->

Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 PM
If you ask me i think the 6.2L is really what is going to make these trucks sell. Ford owners are always looking for bigger engines and they will finally be getting one with the raptor!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by fordboy820
If you ask me i think the 6.2L is really what is going to make these trucks sell. Ford owners are always looking for bigger engines and they will finally be getting one with the raptor!!!
Yes, great point. Although I have been very impressed with what they did with the 5.4 from my '04 to my '09. My 2009 really takes off much quicker/easier from a stop, and the shifts are super smooth, sometimes so smooth you don't even feel them so much as barely hear them. They did an amazing job refining this engine, but the 6.2 will def be a draw for the raptor, almost forgot about it now that my power-off-the-line issues have been resolved with my '09.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by brlcla
Build it here and get the specs in the PDF

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

If it had a Crew Cab Option I would consider waiting.

I forsee a lot of modifications to the stock trucks once the customizers get there hands on Raptor parts.
One of those videos is at Dolphin Stadium! Holy crap lol. Thats right here

Quick Reply: SVT Raptor starting price much cheaper than expected!!!!1