2009 - 2014 F-150

HotLap, I leave the Brilliant Silver to you!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HotLap
Comet - cool glad to see you got the color you wanted and were able to change it!! I just found out my build date is 3/23 as well...perhaps they will roll down the assembly line near each other I too like the White Sand Metallic and had chosen that color 1st. But then the I saw the brilliant silver and it was all over for me...will be (almost) as easy to keep clean and I really like the way the silver blends the tailgate panel and especially that horrible tailight chrome trim. Good luck and I hope mine's right in front of yours on the assembly line. Mine's coming all the way to the West coast so you should have yours 1st
Wow. What a bubble that just burst.

Confucius say: Buy wha look good to you grasshopper...

Last edited by MyDawg007; 02-27-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I spent today (first semi-warm day in many, many months) cleaning up my 2004. I hope I love the White Sand as much as I do my Arizona Beige.

It seems the bumpers are always the first part of an F-150 to show deterioration (rust). My 2004 rear bumper now has a tiny spot on it. And the bottom always has some rusty color on it that comes off easily every time I use the chrome polish on it.

My '97 and '98 had rust spots starting to appear as well by the time I sold/traded them in. The bumpers must start rusting from the back first and eventually eat through to the front.

I wonder if there will be a difference with the '09 Plat as both front and rear bumpers are painted. Are they painted on the back too, or just the front? It seems the rust always begins on the back...

Other than that, I am SO glad there is a lot less black plastic trim crap on the '09 Plat. That stuff fades and looks like crap; and I'm starting to think it fades much quicker and worse when you use the trim protectant/blackening stuff.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Thanks, Patman! I like those close-up shots, gives a better idea of how deep, reflective, etc. that color is.
It does look nice and also shows the "tailgate nipple" pretty well too

Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
It was your pics that finally pushed me over the edge!
I can see why - Steve's WS Platinum is a very sharp looking truck!! Almost pulled me over the WS cliff too

Can you say an-ti-ci-pation is DRIVING ME NUTS....

Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I am SO glad there is a lot less black plastic trim crap on the '09 Plat. That stuff fades and looks like crap; and I'm starting to think it fades much quicker and worse when you use the trim protectant/blackening stuff.

Comet the cheap protectants and back to black fluids are bad for your rubber. I noticed this when i used the tire gel and spray foam to make your tires that nice deep black color but after a week or 2 your tires would go a funny brown shade and wouldnt wash of. I checked into this and nearly all these rubber treatments are bad for the rubber. They give the rubber a short term new look but it damages the rubber. Check out some of the pinnacle and zymol tires and rubber treatment as they have been the only 2 i have ever used that didnt make your rubber go bad. Im now using pinnacle and it works a treat. It aint cheap but it works.

Quick Reply: HotLap, I leave the Brilliant Silver to you!