2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HotLap, I leave the Brilliant Silver to you!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile HotLap, I leave the Brilliant Silver to you!

I changed my order to White Sand Tri-Coat Metallic. My build date remains the same 3/23/09. So you may be the first to post pics of a Brilliant Silver Platinum on here.

I just kept liking the WS more and more, and I started worrying I'd get sick of the silver on such a large canvas for so long. My thing is that I LOVE my Arizona Beige, both the color and the fact it's so easy to keep clean. That was a big reason for my silver choice, but I kept creeping back to the White Sand. At first I didn't think I liked it at all, hence my initial order choice. But I kept going back to Barritia's pics, and then I think it was Steve who just got a Lariat in WS, and in the light in his pics the color just really took off for me and changed my mind. So enjoy the glory my friend!

Luckily it didn't affect my Build Date. It took 3 days before the order changed in their system, so I waited until it was confirmed today before telling anyone. Because my order had been scheduled they were not sure at first if it would take a change at this point or not.

My ordered Platinum:
2/12/09 Order Date
3/23/09 Build Date

2009 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew PLATINUM
White Sand Tri-Coat Metallic
Black w/Sienna Brown Leather
145”wb
3.55 Limited-Slip
Sony NAV w/700W 10-Speaker Sound System & SYNC
Power Moonroof
Full Coverage Rubber Floor Mats
Bed Extender
Tailgate Step
Remote Start
Drop-In Bedliner
Molded Splash Guards

Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Keep it clean. White sand looks horrible when it's covered in road spray, winter roads, etc.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I changed my order to White Sand Tri-Coat Metallic. My build date remains the same 3/23/09. So you may be the first to post pics of a Brilliant Silver Platinum on here.

I just kept liking the WS more and more, and I started worrying I'd get sick of the silver on such a large canvas for so long. My thing is that I LOVE my Arizona Beige, both the color and the fact it's so easy to keep clean. That was a big reason for my silver choice, but I kept creeping back to the White Sand. At first I didn't think I liked it at all, hence my initial order choice. But I kept going back to Barritia's pics, and then I think it was Steve who just got a Lariat in WS, and in the light in his pics the color just really took off for me and changed my mind. So enjoy the glory my friend!

Luckily it didn't affect my Build Date. It took 3 days before the order changed in their system, so I waited until it was confirmed today before telling anyone. Because my order had been scheduled they were not sure at first if it would take a change at this point or not.

My ordered Platinum:
2/12/09 Order Date
3/23/09 Build Date

2009 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew PLATINUM
White Sand Tri-Coat Metallic
Black w/Sienna Brown Leather
145”wb
3.55 Limited-Slip
Sony NAV w/700W 10-Speaker Sound System & SYNC
Power Moonroof
Full Coverage Rubber Floor Mats
Bed Extender
Tailgate Step
Remote Start
Drop-In Bedliner
Molded Splash Guards
Also comet i think you will like the contrast between the wheels and the paint better than the silver. You will see what i mean about the paint looking different in almost every type of light. Dull some days, Flat other days, Metalic some days, Pearlescent some days, Sparkly some days lol. It all depends on how the light is and how it catches it. It's so hard to catch the look on a cam.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Copycat...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
Copycat...
It was your pics that finally pushed me over the edge!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Copycat...
Copycat

Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
WS is by far the easiest color vehicle I have owed to keep clean. It is also best looking when clean. No regrets here.

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the '09. I'm sure it'll look great.

BTW, color doesn't make a difference in how easy a vehicle is to keep clean, some colors just hide dirt better than others.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Copycat
yeah I know you had the first one on here!

These are the photos that did it for me, this one was for sale on ebay:
http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1635/photos/26051

Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
and then I think it was Steve who just got a Lariat in WS, and in the light in his pics the color just really took off for me and changed my mind.
if you mean me, I got the Platinum.

member pkvir on here got at WS Lariat.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
if you mean me, I got the Platinum.

member pkvir on here got at WS Lariat.
Oops, must have confused the two of you. Yeah, it was your Plat pics that did it. Although Barritia's pics were very good quality they didn't seem to give that color the oomph it needed to grab my attention. But now I'm hooked.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Comet - cool glad to see you got the color you wanted and were able to change it!! I just found out my build date is 3/23 as well...perhaps they will roll down the assembly line near each other I too like the White Sand Metallic and had chosen that color 1st. But then the I saw the brilliant silver and it was all over for me...will be (almost) as easy to keep clean and I really like the way the silver blends the tailgate panel and especially that horrible tailight chrome trim. Good luck and I hope mine's right in front of yours on the assembly line. Mine's coming all the way to the West coast so you should have yours 1st

Old 02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I just ordered a Lariat. My order date was Feb 16 and my build date is Mar 9. Why is it that the Lariat's and Platinum's have different build dates? Is it because of the factories they are built at?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Saw this truck today after seeing this thread last night

It was overcast when i took these pics, so the color came out slightly off from what it looked like in person (much darker then pics, almost looks like regular white in the pics)

Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks, Patman! I like those close-up shots, gives a better idea of how deep, reflective, etc. that color is.

Quick Reply: HotLap, I leave the Brilliant Silver to you!