2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sony Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
That does not include the over-rated navigation.

You have never used the sirius travel link nav then. It's been tested as being one of the best nav systems on the market. It may not have the best nav map graphics but it makes up for it on every other feature it has. I think the nav unit has a 40gb hardrive and 10gb is allocated for music and pictures.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Barritia
You have never used the sirius travel link nav then. It's been tested as being one of the best nav systems on the market. It may not have the best nav map graphics but it makes up for it on every other feature it has. I think the nav unit has a 40gb hardrive and 10gb is allocated for music and pictures.
Barritia,

I'm sure it's fantastic, but for common-folk, the cost seems exorbanant (sp?) for the NAVIGATION portion. I'd love the nav unit, but the cost is crazy despite all the features it offers. Put that few grand on a monthly payment and for navigation, its not worth it - especialy when my $300 Garmin does the same thing. If I paid for the wetaher and traffic features monthly, I could do some of the same things the Sony does - including music and pictures - except I can take mine in my pocket.

The additional monthly costs of $29.99 for the other features required for traffic and weather coupled with the $40.00 the nav costs make an easy $70.00 a month cost for this luxury kind of impossible for many. For some of those old school folks, $70 is 25% of the vehicle payment.

By the way, who needs PICTURES on their head unit? "Oh, Billy, look at this buck I shot last week!" I mean, what is the practical point of this? Music I can see, but the pictures? Aren't we keeping our eyes on the road? I'm just curious what the point of this is. Now, the weather map, there's a different story... but still not worth the $30 subscription - or even $20. And I drive A LOT of miles a week.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
yeah your right about some people will think it is crazy to pay the price for the unit and some wont even use the nav. But it's not just the nav your paying for. You have full touch screen control of all the major funtions of the truck on the display. It give you live infomation about your truck on the screen. You have a music jukebox with sirius radio, You have the Sirius travel link which has some great live features and last but not least it's built in. No extra cables and wires and holders for nav units. I am going to love it because i dont know my way around were i live at all and im in construction so very handy for me. The live fuel prices alone is a great feature. everday they change around here and some are 20c more expensive one day than others then it switches around and they are cheaper so it's hard t keep track of who has the best deal. That feature alone is saving you money.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Also, the Sony Stereo is only $435.00 in the U.S.

$700 is Canadian.......

Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
So, after a guy drops the $2500 for the Navigation, what are the monthly costs above and beyond the basic Sirius service? I know there is a $1,500 credit incentive now through Fords to purchase the navigation unit, but what else will it cost me to have this "Live Fuel Price" thingy and the weather map, etc...

Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
So, after a guy drops the $2500 for the Navigation, what are the monthly costs above and beyond the basic Sirius service? I know there is a $1,500 credit incentive now through Fords to purchase the navigation unit, but what else will it cost me to have this "Live Fuel Price" thingy and the weather map, etc...

$6 a month i think travel link is. Also whats the incentive for the nav all about. Cant find info for that.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
So that price doesnt even include the source unit? So you are paying 700 bucks for a couple pairs of sony speakers and a sony subwoofer?
X2 and who cares about the Nav? Its fixed to your truck.. Why not get a good Garmin and you can put it in every vehicle you own? Heck you can even go for a walk with it.. Factory, nomatter how good you said it is, its crap compared to a serious professionally installed aftermarket system..

Last edited by tg150; 12-06-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by austinbF150
I agree i would rather have the option of an aftermarket system. Especially since ford went with Sony. I think they could have picked a much better manufacturer. Chevy has Bose which is known for the high end sound quality systems and Ford chooses Sony which is cheap and can be bought at walmart.
This is a joke right? Bose is crap. All marketing. Now if you said Eclipse or even Alpine I would have agreed with you.

Quick Reply: Sony Sound System