2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pickuptrucks.com Truck of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
All that proves is that the Tundra is a faster truck loaded or unloaded, & has a good set of brakes! Whippe do!.........There is more to it than that such as durability, build quality, etc........Watch the Ford F-150 comparison/real world test video's!.........Frankly if I'm towing/hauling a heavy load, speed is the furthest thing on my mind! Arriving safely at my destination with my family intact is priority!..........

Old 11-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's weird that they decided to use the 6.2 in their test for the Silverado when most people buy the 5.3. The only way you can get a 6.2 is with a LTZ crewcab 5' short bed. If the 6.2 was available in more configurations then it would be a more accurate test. Even still the new Ford F-150 won overall.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Rambo
It's weird that they decided to use the 6.2 in their test for the Silverado when most people buy the 5.3. The only way you can get a 6.2 is with a LTZ crewcab 5' short bed. If the 6.2 was available in more configurations then it would be a more accurate test. Even still the new Ford F-150 won overall.
I have gone over this before. Even though the ford won i think it's unfair to test a 6.2 against a 5.4. So they add nearly a whole litre more and get only a minor power improvement????? If Ford had a 7.0 500bhp model i dont think it would be fair to compair it to the 6.2

I dont know what the figures are for the chevy 5.3 compaired to the 5.4 but if the ford engine is putting out more power than the 5.3 then it is clearly the better engine and gives good results to show how they compair. Im almost certain that if ford had an engine close to the 6.2 in size then the engine would be a better engine. But compairing a bigger litre engine to a lot smaller is a crap comparison in my eyes. I could answer the question with out any tests. Of course the larger engine is gonna tow better!!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:03 AM
also the 6.2s run on .93 premium octane or something like that so ha! chevy take that

Old 11-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah we won. I juts put a programmer with a custom tune or for a better performance put a supercharged and that it, there you have the best truck in the world.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yes but remember 6.0L / 6 speed is still available across the board so not quite that simple. Infact only way you can get a GM to the max advistised tow limit (10,700?) is with max tow pkg and 6.0L / speed. And high octane not required then.

I'd like to see how that pkg would fair against 5.4L on e85 for my curiosity. Not that I can or would by e85. Just curious.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Yes but remember 6.0L / 6 speed is still available across the board so not quite that simple. Infact only way you can get a GM to the max advistised tow limit (10,700?) is with max tow pkg and 6.0L / speed. And high octane not required then.

I'd like to see how that pkg would fair against 5.4L on e85 for my curiosity. Not that I can or would by e85. Just curious.
The Chevy 6.0 and 6 speed is not available across the board either. The 6.0 is and 6 speed is only in the LT or LTZ and then it's only optional. 4 speed is standard in all models.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Well c'mon. Is the 5.4 std across the line. In a Sierra its available in the sle and slt. Sle is like a xlt. Covers most of the trucks sold.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I have gone over this before. Even though the ford won i think it's unfair to test a 6.2 against a 5.4. So they add nearly a whole litre more and get only a minor power improvement????? If Ford had a 7.0 500bhp model i dont think it would be fair to compair it to the 6.2
Its totally fair. The 5.4 is the biggest engine available. Its not Gm's fault that Ford lacks in powertrains compared to their competition. They just have to take their lumps for being the weakest.

I would have liked to see the chevy 5.3 as well but oh well. Ford disappoints me engine wise in more ways than one. They need to get the 6.2 and the new 5.0 4v out asap.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
....But compairing a bigger litre engine to a lot smaller is a crap comparison in my eyes. I could answer the question with out any tests. Of course the larger engine is gonna tow better!!!!
Then maybe you should get the crap out of your eyes, or at least stop speaking it... It was a comparison of all the new 1/2 tons out there. Each manufacturer should be fairly represented in that the best, most powerful 1/2 ton they have to offer should be in the test. I think they did a great job in doing this, so do others, and of course we will always have the "ford is the best crew" out here, no matter what.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by kdds05screw
Then maybe you should get the crap out of your eyes, or at least stop speaking it... It was a comparison of all the new 1/2 tons out there. Each manufacturer should be fairly represented in that the best, most powerful 1/2 ton they have to offer should be in the test. I think they did a great job in doing this, so do others, and of course we will always have the "ford is the best crew" out here, no matter what.
Well clearly your not in the market for a new truck. I would have liked to see it compared with the 5.3 as this is what 90% of buyers will go for in that truck. Ok the ford is still the better truck even though the other have bigger engines but it still gives you no idea how it performs compared to a relevant model. People can compare as small and as large engine as they like but it gives you no figures that are any use.

what if i wanna know what tows better out of the 5.4 and 5.3 what gets better mpg what is better performance what is smoother engine what is quality like. A apples for apples test would have been good and not best against best. Not everyone would class the bigger engine as best for them. In the future im sure we will see the 5.4 put against the 5.3 in tests and that for me is a good indecation as to how well fords engine is doing.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well clearly your (correction = you're) not in the market for a new truck. I would have liked to see it compared with the 5.3 as this is what 90% of buyers will go for in that truck. Ok the ford is still the better truck even though the other have bigger engines but it still gives you no idea how it performs compared to a relevant model. People can compare as small and as large engine as they like but it gives you no figures that are any use.

what if i wanna know what tows better out of the 5.4 and 5.3 what gets better mpg what is better performance what is smoother engine what is quality like. A (correction = An)apples for apples test would have been good and not best against best. Not everyone would class the bigger engine as best for them. In the future im sure we will see the 5.4 put against the 5.3 in tests and that for me is a good indecation (correction = indication LOL) as to how well fords engine is doing.

Seems you're not really clear on what best to offer vs. best to offer means.
Lack of articulation, grammar and punctuation clearly explain many of your previous posts.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by rms8
Seems you're not really clear on what best to offer vs. best to offer means.
Lack of articulation, grammar and punctuation clearly explain many of your previous posts.
Clearly you got nothing else better to do with your sad and boring life than spell check all my threads. Surprised you even opened that trap of yours after being so wrong on that other thread.

Jog on ya si

Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...spell check all my threads.
LOL....sorry chief, it's called being educated. Check it out sometime.

Quick Reply: Pickuptrucks.com Truck of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!