2009 - 2014 F-150

Ship date confirmed, sort off!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
Derek,
Are you going back to work for Ford or not? Whats the game plan?
Time will tell. They have been calling people back and they are about four months away from my seniority.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck, bro. They've been recalling mployees here (Lockheed) that have been laid off for about 2 1/2 years. The wait has to be the worst part.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Question

Has anyone heard if KC has started shipping all those trucks that have just been sitting on a lot for weeks? I got the paperwork where my FX4 Screw was made the first week of September. My scheduled delivery date is 6 October, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
I would not get excited to get the first ones on blue oval news have been reading from the guys that are building them the door striker plates are not aligning properly so far the solution is a bigger hammer to make them fit, a person can learn alot from reading on that forum as those are the people in the plants and they chatter plenty

Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by justbnlr
Has anyone heard if KC has started shipping all those trucks that have just been sitting on a lot for weeks? I got the paperwork where my FX4 Screw was made the first week of September. My scheduled delivery date is 6 October, but I'm not holding my breath.
No, have not been given the ok to ship. Not sure if they are waiting for DTP to get up and running or not but we will see.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I heard that the Platinum orders will be first in dealer lots for customers before any other orders. I hope this is true as i was given a date of 20oct

Old 09-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
No, have not been given the ok to ship. Not sure if they are waiting for DTP to get up and running or not but we will see.
Thanks for the update... even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. There's something that's been puzzling me since I ordered the truck back in May. If you order two-tone paint on the FX4, why does the interior have to be black? I settled for a solid paint job just to get a lighter (cooler) colored interior.
Thanks again for the info.

-Bruce

Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 AM
...If you order two-tone paint on the FX4, why does the interior have to be black? I settled for a solid paint job just to get a lighter (cooler) colored interior...
-Bruce
That's the way it was when I ordered in May! Monochrome paint had the interior choices of black, gray or tan. Two-tone = black. Yesterday I was playing with the Ford's online build and price and noticed all interiors are black. That's disappointing. If I had been notified of the change, I could have gotten the paint job I wanted.
Also noticed that when you select the Drivers Group, you have to add the reverse camera. I didn't pay for the camera, wonder if I'll end up with one?

One bright spot is my delivery date is guaranteed. If it doesn't show up Monday (which I will shocked if it does) I get $ back from Overseas Military Car Sales.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Today.

Looks like we got the OK to ship.

Last edited by screwbuilder; 10-02-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Talking

Hey screw, do you know when they might actually hit the rails i know you guys at ford cant release any detailed info about when they are going to hit dealerships but maybe you could give us a more precise hint after checking several forums including blue oval news it looks like its going to be within the month i would appreciate any little detail you could give us.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Today.

Looks like we got the OK to ship.
Cool thanks Screw. You know if thats all the plants or just yours???

Old 10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, I am still trying to figure out what is going on. Yesterday they had a press conference at the plant. TV stations, politicians, Ford suits, etc. I saw a letter from the plant manager talking about releasing the trucks to dealers. They had haulers all over etc. Well, todays paper says they will ship later this month so not sure what is going on. The show at the plant yesterday was to "introduce" the new F-150 but that has already been done. If I hear anything I will post it.

Barritia, Derek might know more about DTP but I would imagine they are at least a few weeks away from catching up. We have been putting out 400+ units a day but still not up to full speed. They just started last week and I was told this week they are still at just a few per hour but not sure.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, I am still trying to figure out what is going on. Yesterday they had a press conference at the plant. TV stations, politicians, Ford suits, etc. I saw a letter from the plant manager talking about releasing the trucks to dealers. They had haulers all over etc. Well, todays paper says they will ship later this month so not sure what is going on. The show at the plant yesterday was to "introduce" the new F-150 but that has already been done. If I hear anything I will post it.

Barritia, Derek might know more about DTP but I would imagine they are at least a few weeks away from catching up. We have been putting out 400+ units a day but still not up to full speed. They just started last week and I was told this week they are still at just a few per hour but not sure.
Yeah keep us updated. Derek if ya read this let me know if ya hear anything. Im happy with my 22nd oct date but am wondering if they will even be ready for then.

Thanks screw

Old 10-04-2008, 12:34 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Screw, where did THIS guy get his?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...09-kr-4x4.html

It had to be built and shipped from *somewhere*...........

Old 10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Screw, where did THIS guy get his?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...09-kr-4x4.html

It had to be built and shipped from *somewhere*...........
Let's see some pics first.

Quick Reply: Ship date confirmed, sort off!