2009 - 2014 F-150

Got my build date yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my build date yesterday

Got a message from Ford that my build date is Sept 22. I ordered a 09' KR 4x4. I was actually shocked when I heard the date. I was told when I orderd it that it that he verified that it was labled "Priority" because my lease is up Oct 6th. So, does anybody know how long it takes to actually recieve it after they issue a build date?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Sounds like whoever told you your order would be priority was just trying to make you feel important. But I do hope that they are correct and your build date is when they said. My lease was up June 30 and I ordered my new truck June 3. Since I have a 2009 on order (have order number and a partial VIN since June 15) Ford is letting me extend it month by month. I only have 27,000 on the 30,000 mile lease so that helps and this is my 8th lease.

I really thought that my truck would be built before shutdown, as my dealership called June 2 and said that each dealer was getting to order 1 of the 09's at that time. I am just sitting and waiting, impatiently, but waiting.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 AM
i think most of the wait is due to the shipping...mine was tracked for a week on the trains from michigan (deerborn plant) and set for a while in maybe kansas or something....then sat for a while in houston waiting for a transport to the dealership, i guess they dont do drops daily from the local train yard to the dealer....it could be quicker if yours is built in the kansas city plant

Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by debralj
Sounds like whoever told you your order would be priority was just trying to make you feel important. But I do hope that they are correct and your build date is when they said. My lease was up June 30 and I ordered my new truck June 3. Since I have a 2009 on order (have order number and a partial VIN since June 15) Ford is letting me extend it month by month. I only have 27,000 on the 30,000 mile lease so that helps and this is my 8th lease.

I really thought that my truck would be built before shutdown, as my dealership called June 2 and said that each dealer was getting to order 1 of the 09's at that time. I am just sitting and waiting, impatiently, but waiting.
Whoever gave you the idea that new models are built before shutdown was way off base. Shutdown is usually the time to retool and get things in order for the new model. In some cases the old model is still built after shutdown. This year there was talk that DTP was going to stop building the 08's a week or 2 before their shutdown for some reason but that didn't happen. Here in KC our shutdown was pushed back until the last week of July and first week of August then we had 2 layoff weeks, then we started building the 09's last Monday and only worked a few hours each day and did not work Friday. DTP is still laid off until sometime in Sept. or October and even then might be off longer or rumored to be getting a car and not building trucks again.
All I can say is be patient. If you ordered an 09 then obviously you like the new truck. It will be well worth the wait. Let them move some 08's off the lots then we will start to see the 09's. I can't imagine them being released to ship anytime soon. Possibly into October or even later.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Actually no one told me that mine would be built before shutdown, it was just my thought, because it did not make sense why they were calling me to place the order? My salesman told me last week that he thought I would be looking at October-November. I am not real sure where mine is being built. I am in Louisville, Ky, so do not know which direction it goes.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Congratulations on getting build date. Must be a bit of relief. I'm still anxious and irritable since my first two promised delivery dates are past. Hopefully the current delivery date of 6 Oct will happen for me.
When did you place your order?

-B

Old 08-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by justbnlr
Congratulations on getting build date. Must be a bit of relief. I'm still anxious and irritable since my first two promised delivery dates are past. Hopefully the current delivery date of 6 Oct will happen for me.
When did you place your order?

-B
Man, if this was happening to me I'd be PO'd. You would think that Ford could at least build trucks to fill the pre-orders and worry about stocking dealer lots later.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Don't get too excited to see any of the early build trucks anytime soon. Based on past experience, the later trucks will show up first. Usually about the 3-4th week of production is the first shipped (but this can be further out on a more drastic change if there are lots of quality holds on the early trucks). I won't be trying to get any of my units scheduled until next week or the week after (meaning build about 3 weeks after that) because I've been down that road too many times. My second 2004 F-150 built was a retail (first was a stock unit), and both the first and second were built early and didn't show up until over a month after the 3 and many other F-150's.

I don't think the 09's will take as long to catch up on as the 04's did just because of the lack of demand with the current fuel situation, but I still think the guys with 3rd or 4th build week trucks will get theirs first.

Quick Reply: Got my build date yesterday