2009 - 2014 F-150

How about some "spy photos". Get em here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To me looks like something Mercury/Lincoln would put out, to much bling for me.
I'll pass.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:49 AM
The cab of the truck doesn't look too shabby...I kinda like it!

As for the bed...as some of you have said, it looks horrid in my opinion.
Maybe if they put a less stylized looking bed on it...? Who knows...I just know that I think it needs a different bed.

As for the automatic step rails...what's next? Is it going to wipe me after I drop a deuce? Perhaps it could also scratch my nuts? Good lord...in my opinion, those are just something else that could possible ******* up and cost loads to fix

But as I said before...I'm kinda diggin' the cab.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by 2004BlueXLT
T Is it going to wipe me after I drop a deuce? Perhaps it could also scratch my nuts?

Can I order both those options please

Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by inurok
Can I order both those options please
They are standard in the platinum plus package

Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Gag me.

I like the current body style much better.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP
Gag me.

I think that's probably the problem most people have with this refresh. They took what we've had the past 5 years and added a bunch of interior stuff and body line tweaks to it. So now it doesn't look quite right. I mean it's not bad, but you can tell it wasn't designed from the ground up to flow together nicely, that it's just a big refresh to the same body style with some differently shaped pieces and grille/hood made to match best as possible. Again, not horrible by any means, but a bit odd looking to those familiar with the lines and shapes of the current body style designed from the gound up to flow seamlessly together.

Remember the Showroom of the Future where Ford first showed it off with nothing but the grille replaced with the 3-bar grille? No one cared about it, so they went back and decided to do a lot more than just that. And so here we are with the major '09 refresh. Again seems to explain why everyone seems to universally love the new interior, but exterior opinions are widely varied. The interior was much easier to swap seats, change/add stuff to console area, flatten load floor, etc. without really changing the aesthetic flow of the interior at all. Looks as if it was designed from the ground up.

But the exterior again just doesn't flow quite right since it was pieces added as afterthoughts to change the looks rather than an entire ground up remodel. They did best they could but even the new front looks tacked on. And I love the Plat grille, but the whole hood/grille doesn't flow well.

I'm sure this major refresh will pull us through until they have the time and $$$ to do a full remodel again! From what I've been able to gather so far they are looking at making the truck more aerodynamic and adding things like a power tonneau cover to the actual remodel to help with fuel savings. 2012 can't come soon enough.

I imagine most people will wait until the 2010 MY with ecoboost engine anyways if they're planning on buying the refresh. I have a hard time imagining losing up to 20% mpg $avings and buying an '09, especially with the short time now before the '10's are released. Not only would you lose that mpg $avings, you'd also get hit with poor resale value compared to those with the ecoboost. Bad all around for '09 MY.

Originally Posted by SDDL-UP
Gag me.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I think that's probably the problem most people have with this refresh. They took what we've had the past 5 years and added a bunch of interior stuff and body line tweaks to it. So now it doesn't look quite right. I mean it's not bad, but you can tell it wasn't designed from the ground up to flow together nicely, that it's just a big refresh to the same body style with some differently shaped pieces and grille/hood made to match best as possible. Again, not horrible by any means, but a bit odd looking to those familiar with the lines and shapes of the current body style designed from the gound up to flow seamlessly together.

Remember the Showroom of the Future where Ford first showed it off with nothing but the grille replaced with the 3-bar grille? No one cared about it, so they went back and decided to do a lot more than just that. And so here we are with the major '09 refresh. Again seems to explain why everyone seems to universally love the new interior, but exterior opinions are widely varied. The interior was much easier to swap seats, change/add stuff to console area, flatten load floor, etc. without really changing the aesthetic flow of the interior at all. Looks as if it was designed from the ground up.

But the exterior again just doesn't flow quite right since it was pieces added as afterthoughts to change the looks rather than an entire ground up remodel. They did best they could but even the new front looks tacked on. And I love the Plat grille, but the whole hood/grille doesn't flow well.

I'm sure this major refresh will pull us through until they have the time and $$$ to do a full remodel again! From what I've been able to gather so far they are looking at making the truck more aerodynamic and adding things like a power tonneau cover to the actual remodel to help with fuel savings. 2012 can't come soon enough.

I imagine most people will wait until the 2010 MY with ecoboost engine anyways if they're planning on buying the refresh. I have a hard time imagining losing up to 20% mpg $avings and buying an '09, especially with the short time now before the '10's are released. Not only would you lose that mpg $avings, you'd also get hit with poor resale value compared to those with the ecoboost. Bad all around for '09 MY.
You will be waiting for longer than 2010. it's looking at more like 2011 from what they are saying. They have said 2 years after the lincon gets it. Which should be in spring next year. But time will tell.

Quick Reply: How about some "spy photos". Get em here!