2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'09 Manual Transmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
What I don't agree on is about your voting aspect. WE the customers DO NOT have a choice between manual or automatic. The only reason the manual didn't sell over well is because it is only offered on the v6. No one wants a v6 F150. Now if it was offered with the 5.4l V8... ohh my gosh... there would be a 50/50 tie right on this forum. No lie.

Infact, I've got statistical proof off of another forum that bases my statement 100% true. So it's not that no one wants it, its the fact that FORD DOESN'T OFFER IT.

Why?! I dunno... wish I could tell you. Infact, I wish I knew why too.
You can get a manual tranny with a V8, it just has to be a 4.6L. About your statistical proof, a bunch of people on a forum do not represent the entire F-150 owner community.
Do you honestly think that Ford hasnt done market research as to what their customers want? Only about 10% of F-150s are equipped with manual trannys and its not because Ford doesnt offer it (they offer it on every F-150 except for ones that come with the 5.4L) its that most people dont want a manual transmission. They would rathar just put the darned thing into drive and step on the gas.
Also, I disagree about your comment that no one wants an F-150 with a V6 in it. The 4.2L might not be the ground-pounding tire-smoker that the 5.4L is, but its got plenty of power to get the job done and a lot of businesses buy V6 F-150s. Unless you are hauling a 10,000 pound trailer, the 4.2L gets the job done just fine. It might not have sportscar-like acceleration, but its got more than enough power to get the job done.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have anything to worry about because I only use my F150 for work related purposes only. I've got my tools loaded up in my bed for work. I don't go up and down the road for getting a few groceries, or taking my friends around, or what not. Basically doing stuff that simple car could do.

Possibly a few times I had to go out and get something but that is rare occasion and I had good reason.

I see great justification in this law. It will not only reduce pollution, wear on roadways, but also save tax payers extra money in lots of ways.

There have been many studies on roadway effects with heavy vehicles. It kills them quickly. Infact, they are studying that around here right where I live. They've hired out a company called Premier Road Engineering Inc. They are hired out not only in the local area, but on the NY Thruway. What they do is they monitor road wear and tear... measure traffic, weights, speed, temperature, moisture, etc... They take in consideration for EVERY possible aspect on road wear.

It's quite interesting to see this. But you can only figure in it is because of the weight of the trucks that people drive these days.

Figure it in like this... would you run a train system that weighs 30,000 tons, with a dual engine configuration, and only carry 1 person and nothing else except for cars? I didn't think so. Now that is stupid... just like using a 6000+ lb truck to go to the store and get a few coldcuts for the fridge. That's stupid.

I've got even another example. On my driveway. When I had my '99 F150, I never had a problem with being able to leave it on the driveway and worry about ruts. At that time we had a NEW driveway. Now with our driveway being a few years old, and hard.. you would think that it wouldn't rut. Well, my new F150 will make ruts in the driveway. Not to mention it has torn up the driveway a lot... it's not even funny. So I can only imagine what it is doing to the road.

I wondered about you for awhile.. now I know.. your a flaming liberal in drag. How dare you say a government law like that is justified. There is no way a 6,000 lb truck is doing any more wear than a 4,000 lb car unless the hiway is substandard to start with. As for manual vs. auto.. I prefer manual. it takes less power to drive and the enjoyment is a lot better. But ford didn't sell many manuals in f150's. That is a fact. That is why ford and gm went all auto. To think otherwise is delusional. It sucks.. but that is the way it is. And for you to say it is stupid to have a truck as a daily driver is stupid and condacending. I will drive what ever I choose to drive. You can go to hell. I do my fair share of hauling with my truck. But I drive it to work every day and love every minute of it. Even with the high gas prices. Who the F are you to tell me what I can or can't drive? You F'n comunist pinko bitch

Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by chris1450
I wondered about you for awhile.. now I know.. your a flaming liberal in drag. How dare you say a government law like that is justified. There is no way a 6,000 lb truck is doing any more wear than a 4,000 lb car unless the hiway is substandard to start with. As for manual vs. auto.. I prefer manual. it takes less power to drive and the enjoyment is a lot better. But ford didn't sell many manuals in f150's. That is a fact. That is why ford and gm went all auto. To think otherwise is delusional. It sucks.. but that is the way it is. And for you to say it is stupid to have a truck as a daily driver is stupid and condacending. I will drive what ever I choose to drive. You can go to hell. I do my fair share of hauling with my truck. But I drive it to work every day and love every minute of it. Even with the high gas prices. Who the F are you to tell me what I can or can't drive? You F'n comunist pinko bitch
LOL... All I've got to say is WOW.

Well... I don't think anyone understood the point in which I was trying to make. The point at which I was trying to make was to fork out an image of being controlled in what you can and cannot buy. Well... how do you feel about NY even considering a law like I mentioned earlier?! Not too good apparently by your post. Well... Since you felt "belittled" by what I said, how do you feel about the fact that you don't have a RIGHT to drive what you want? As of now, as I sit here and type this, there is NO automotive manufacturer that makes a light duty truck, such as an F150, with a manual transmission in a v8. Well, I feel belittled by that... since I don't have a choice as a consumer to get what my demands require. A vehicle is NOT disposible in my eyes. I don't go out and order one from the factory to half suit my needs. I buy what I need to get the job done. I don't care what Ford's issue is with their sales of automatics vs. manuals. There is NO reason why Ford cannot offer both in the V8 and the V6. Mind you, a manual transmission costs only 1/4 of what it costs to make an automatic. So it would NOT hurt Ford to have a stick v8 F150 and be able to build it on request.

I feel as if the American consumers are being essentially "told" what they can and cannot buy when it comes to automobiles.

It's like "Listen Ford, I work f'in hard for my f'in money, and I want a F150 with a 5.4l V8 with a 5 speed 4x4, with so and so options." I love watching people shell out $40k on a truck to only get 1/2 of what the REALLY want.

Ahh, I can bark about this topic up and down 100 ft trees and Ford won't do a thing about it.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Graphics Contributor
I think its obvious which "truck" best suits you.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBMX928
I think its obvious which "truck" best suits you.

Nope... that truck is nasty.

What best suits me is a F250 SD 6.4l TTD 4x4 Regular Cab 6 Speed Stick.

Put that against that Tundra, and we'll see who wins.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I bet if I were to borrow some of these people's trucks with their 24" rims with low pros (the ones that make stupid comments about sticks), and I took it for a week with some of the crap I haul, they'd either sue me, make me buy the truck, or who knows what.
ROFLMA...this from the man that actually posted these pics of his truck at work:

I honestly think even with my 24s and "low pros" I wouldn't have much trouble hauling a little potting soil and pulling up a bush! LMAO

Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by RamSS/T
ROFLMA...this from the man that actually posted these pics of his truck at work:

I honestly think even with my 24s and "low pros" I wouldn't have much trouble hauling a little potting soil and pulling up a bush! LMAO
You've totally missed my statement by like a football field.

I never said a truck with 24s and "low pros" would have much trouble hauling junk. It's the OWNERS that would have a crapfit if I or they made one little nick on their bed from using it as a truck.

Moreover, I was talking to a guy who owns a 05 FX4 F250 V10 loaded... he does some consulting work for his business. He's running 20s with Nittos... lift kit, and you name it... spent like 10k into his truck. He was showing me his truck. Let me tell you something his bed was cleaner than my kitchen table. I could eat off of it. Not a scratch in sight. No dirt, no nothing. Not even a slight imperfection. Talk about shiney... he told me he shined his bed 3 times a month.

He doesn't go offroading, he does not do anything but drive it around... not carry loads... not do anything but DRIVE IT.

Tell me if that ain't a waste of a truck. 'Cause if that ain't waste... then tell me what is?

At least I'm not afraid to use my truck as a garbage truck, tree remover, or to get a 10 lb sledge and beat the crap out of it when I'm pissed.

Last edited by ManualF150; 07-02-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 AM
Graphics Contributor
Tell me if that ain't a waste of a truck. 'Cause if that ain't waste... then tell me what is?

The time spent reading some of your posts.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I'll have to take some pics of the hauling my weak little auto tranny F-150 does when I haul firewood later in the year. I normally load it down with so much firewood that the back bumper almost drags on the ground.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moreover, I was talking to a guy who owns a 05 FX4 F250 V10 loaded... he does some consulting work for his business. He's running 20s with Nittos... lift kit, and you name it... spent like 10k into his truck. He was showing me his truck. Let me tell you something his bed was cleaner than my kitchen table. I could eat off of it. Not a scratch in sight. No dirt, no nothing. Not even a slight imperfection. Talk about shiney... he told me he shined his bed 3 times a month.

He doesn't go offroading, he does not do anything but drive it around... not carry loads... not do anything but DRIVE IT.
_______

but the point is that it is his money, and his truck. he can do what he wants with it. You make it sound like the government should out law this. You buy a truck and do with it what you want. I sure won't complain. I won't complain if that guy polishes his bed 10 times a month... it is his truck. It really isn't for you to decide what is a waste of a truck for anyone else. Just for yourself.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 AM
Stop Bitching People!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 PM

And whats wrong with that? He has a nice truck and takes care of it. HELLO...thats what you should do! Hell it probably cost more than your trailer (or is that your mom and dads trailer?)

Once again you have proven your an idiot.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Graphics Contributor

Old 07-04-2007, 08:17 PM

And whats wrong with that? He has a nice truck and takes care of it. HELLO...thats what you should do! Hell it probably cost more than your trailer (or is that your mom and dads trailer?)

Ummm. I've got a double axle Bri-Mar Dump Trailer for my truck too (a DT712-10 from Bri-Mar)... and that trailer is in MY name. Cost me $2900. So of course it is cheaper than a brand new truck...

Don't know what you are talking about.... but "proving" me an idiot by using my dump trailer as an excuse that a $50k truck is more expensive then it. HELLO... it is more expensive then my Bri-Mar... like duh... never heard of $50k trailer besides a travel camper.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Ummm. I've got a double axle Bri-Mar Dump Trailer for my truck too (a DT712-10 from Bri-Mar)... and that trailer is in MY name. Cost me $2900. So of course it is cheaper than a brand new truck...

Don't know what you are talking about.... but "proving" me an idiot by using my dump trailer as an excuse that a $50k truck is more expensive then it. HELLO... it is more expensive then my Bri-Mar... like duh... never heard of $50k trailer besides a travel camper.

DUH.....let me explain it for you. When I said trailer I was talking about your MOBILE HOME. And the fact that you fault the guy for taking care of his truck proves your an idot (among many other things!)

And how the ******* can you pull a double axel dump trailer with a V6...come on!

Last edited by RamSS/T; 07-05-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Quick Reply: '09 Manual Transmissions?