2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

More New 09 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMX928
like i said, come up with something better of your own, then ill respect you. my 2 concepts could be close, but we wont know until the real body is released.

i made those concepts based off the thought that ford wouldnt need a whole body redesign, considering its great already, just a new nose.

I don't have to. We already have the photographs and reports from people who have seen the changes in person.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by kashifordf150
I don't have to. We already have the photographs and reports from people who have seen the changes in person.

my front end is pretty close, from what it looks like the grill is similar and the headlights seem to be taking the same shape, just pushed down a little instead of being so high up.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, if the '08's have a camera and cargo management, you can bet the '09's will as well. I like the camera a lot, but need to see like a video or something of the cargo mamgement system in action to decide if it's helpful or just in the way. Hopefully the '09 will have the foldable bed extender like the Super Duty. But what I really wanted to see was something similiar to the Ridgeline with lockable hidden storage, someplace to store jumper cables and ropes/tie-downs, things of that nature for when you need them.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Well, if the '08's have a camera and cargo management, you can bet the '09's will as well. I like the camera a lot, but need to see like a video or something of the cargo mamgement system in action to decide if it's helpful or just in the way. Hopefully the '09 will have the foldable bed extender like the Super Duty. But what I really wanted to see was something similiar to the Ridgeline with lockable hidden storage, someplace to store jumper cables and ropes/tie-downs, things of that nature for when you need them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBGKrWCYrc

btw fix ur grammar.

the words "i really wanted" and "ridgeline" dont go in the same sentence.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JBMX928
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBGKrWCYrc

btw fix ur grammar.

the words "i really wanted" and "ridgeline" dont go in the same sentence.
First off, Good point on the ridgeline.

Secondly, WOW. That new mid box is awesome. I wouldn't get or need one, but I can certainly see that as a fantastic idea for contractors. Good work YET AGAIN Ford!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Old 06-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
Hmmmm. Could the EIGHT-DOUBLE spoke have something to do with them upgrading the load ratings on the 2009's? Just a fun way to look at it. Could the more spokes offer a higher capacity wheel? I sure would love to see an F-150 Supercrew with a payload closer to 2,000 or 2,400 pounds when compared to the 1,440 my 2007 Supercrew had. That's what sent me back to the F-250. It will be interesting to see what happens to the payload after they drop that small smoker under the hood... will the payload drom a few hundred do to the heavier engine, or will they beef up the chassis? Personally, a truck with a measly 1440# payload is a grocery getter. I can't see a half ton with soemthing like a 1,000 pound payload. I serously considered the Harley F-150, until that 900# payload glared at me. Of course, a trailer could help a little - if it had NO tongue weight.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
The Harley SuperCrew has a 1500 payload and I doubt the Harley buyers need more. If you want more payload, a properly equipped F-150 can haul more than 3050 lbs. It's all about choices and Ford gives the most choices.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by kashifordf150
The Harley SuperCrew has a 1500 payload and I doubt the Harley buyers need more. If you want more payload, a properly equipped F-150 can haul more than 3050 lbs. It's all about choices and Ford gives the most choices.
Maybe it was 1500 a while back, but the 2007 Harley Supercrew is 990 pounds payload. Take off two adults at 175-200 pounds, a full tank of fuel, and that remaining 240 pounds wont satisfy a good trailer tongue weight.

No offense, but as for the 3050 on a "properly equipped F-150", you have been watching too many ford commercials. A REGULAR cab 144" wheelbase 4X2 is not really something that will haul a family camping on a weekend. That's the rig that has the 3050 payload.

I agree Ford has the most choices, but all of the crew cab style trucks below Superduty/Heavyduty level are not much truck anymore. A 1/2 ton on 1970 to 1980 could haul something - 2,500 to 3,000 pounds plus. The trucks back then weighed alot, so what has happened that we have dropped down to 1,500 pounds?

Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I see a lot of Expedition under all of that foam. It looks like the front end very closely resembles the current body style
Expedition.

Grille & Bumper:
Look at the grille and how the angled line runs down into the front bumper. You can see that same line under the cover on the F150 as well. Now look at the front bumper on the Expedition and notice the horizontal slot with a divider in the middle - same thing on the 2009 F150.

Hood:
There is no chance ford is going to have a flat "chevy" hood style shown in the picture below. It looks like the hood has some serious foam padding on each side making it look "bigger". Look at the hood lines on the Expedition.... I would expect something more like this.

Front Quarter Panel:
There is a ton of foam under there. The side profile pictures show it better, but there is a bulge in the front quarter panel that makes it stick out beyond the profile of the door. It looks like there is a big chuck of foam under there hiding some fender flares and a rounded edges that leads into my above theory on the hood design. I think the new F150 will be much more rounded on the edge of the front quarter pannel... This edge will run into the hood of the vehicles which will be raised in the middle. Very similar to the Expedition.

Look for yourself and tell me what you all think!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by JHiggs
I don't know about you guys, but I see a lot of Expedition under all of that foam. It looks like the front end very closely resembles the current body style
Expedition.

Grille & Bumper:
Look at the grille and how the angled line runs down into the front bumper. You can see that same line under the cover on the F150 as well. Now look at the front bumper on the Expedition and notice the horizontal slot with a divider in the middle - same thing on the 2009 F150.

Hood:
There is no chance ford is going to have a flat "chevy" hood style shown in the picture below. It looks like the hood has some serious foam padding on each side making it look "bigger". Look at the hood lines on the Expedition.... I would expect something more like this.

Front Quarter Panel:
There is a ton of foam under there. The side profile pictures show it better, but there is a bulge in the front quarter panel that makes it stick out beyond the profile of the door. It looks like there is a big chuck of foam under there hiding some fender flares and a rounded edges that leads into my above theory on the hood design. I think the new F150 will be much more rounded on the edge of the front quarter pannel... This edge will run into the hood of the vehicles which will be raised in the middle. Very similar to the Expedition.

Look for yourself and tell me what you all think!

very nice!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Did anyone notice that the scab is a heavy duty model?(7 lug, long bed)

Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Furthermore, I think JBMX928's concept drawing is very close to what we will see in 2009:

1) Reduce down the plastic area between the bumper and grille
2) Square up the shape of the lower bumper to match the grille lines
3) Slightly taller grille, maybe a H-bar style like the super duty. More flat than the Expedition
4) More pronounced lines in the hood - more like the Expy, less like the 2004.

I think the grille in the pic is the real deal - It's a lot different than the Expedition grille. This could be the best looking F150 yet!

Last edited by JHiggs; 06-04-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by JHiggs
Furthermore, I think JBMX928's concept drawing is very close to what we will see in 2009. Maybe reduce down the plastic between the grille and bumper and then give the grille the "Superduty style protrusion" making it a little taller and sticking out a little past the headlights and BINGO!

youll notice theres shading on the grill to make the wide center area be pushed out a little.

tomorrow ill post a progression of that concept drawing from the first one i made.

-JB

Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I hope it comes with a diesel.

Quick Reply: More New 09 Pics