Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

spy photos 09 150

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbhost
#1. Diesel!
#2. Tailgate step like the new SD has...
I agree on these 2 items. I'd really like to have the tailgate step like the SD to make it a lot easier to get in and out of the bed.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
it looks like my 07 expedition from the front end.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripped1
They do have big butts don't they.
Yeah, but big butts can be a LOT of fun...

Old 05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tripped1
I like that tall bed, but alot of the time I'm moving sand gravel and rock . Otherwise I'm just doing motor/motorcycle hauling that doesn't even press the shocks.

Personally I'm fine with the british Desiel. You guys DO rember the 4 liter out of the older superduties right? That was a fairly abysmal motor overall.

I just want a desiel 1/2 ton If it has the Range Rover desiel FINE. I'm all about buying american as long as it's the best.

Ask your dad where his TV came from next time he gets on a buy US kick.
Its not about buying American and actually TV's aren't a good example because quite a few are made here...back to the subject at hand. My dad thinks the Brits don't make anything that is high quality. From what I have seen in the industry that I work for I would have to second that.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by miwico
Its not about buying American and actually TV's aren't a good example because quite a few are made here...back to the subject at hand. My dad thinks the Brits don't make anything that is high quality. From what I have seen in the industry that I work for I would have to second that.

Apparently I didn't differenciate american made and america company.

By that standard my Toyota Camry is more "American" then my F-150, but thats besides the point.

No offense intended. I come from a steel background, I've run across numerous brits being that they own a large percentage of the steel industy on our shores now. Never really seen a probelm about, and in this case never heard of thier being issues with the desiel range rovers. They are pulling the motor from an awarded flagship modle, I can't see quality being that much of an issue.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Its definately going to come out like the Expy's.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Red face Yawn..

Am I the only one who is not really impressed with what I've seen so far? Not to say there aren't other decent changes that we cannot see under the hood or camo. The cluster looks pretty sweet, but so far it's all cosmetic and nothing really compelling me to trade next year. I hope they manage to pack a few more horses under the hood while they're at it... If that happens I would trade in a second!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a "model refresh", not a complete redesign.
Stuff like the cab structure, side sheet metal, and frame will probably remain the same or similar in design and appearance. Front fascia, rear fascia and interior will be the major differences in the '09s. I certainly hope other powertrain options will be included in the new model as well.

I have four wishes for the next truck, and would actually be happier if they would just sell retrofits so I can keep my current rig...

#1. Diesel!
#2. Tailgate step like the new SD has...
#3. Super Cab doors that open all the way, these things are in the way in parking lots when trying to load cargo or people into the back seat...
#4. Selectable lockers, or better yet, gear type limited slips front and rear optional.
I did see info about the "tailgate step", that looks to be optioned in the '09 F150. The rest I'm not sure about yet.
Also rear view camera option and I think some sort of split rear seat, Buckets or split bench, I don't know. I'm sure Ford will have some nifty things up their sleeves. At the same rate, they'll do things that we'll be like

Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 PM
#2. Tailgate step like the new SD has
I like the aftermarket step from AmpResearch although it is not available yet.

BedStep

The reason, once you have something hitched by bumper pull, that tailgate aint coming down for my fear of it striking the trailer jack.
I would also feel more secure using the bed side vs a walking stick with a tennis ball for stability

I also love the dash with what looks like more monitoring information.

Last edited by dennisfranz; 05-23-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GM has sex with a Honda Ridgeline?

It looks like the bastard child of a GM/Honda night of drinkin and screwin.
ughhh

Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Graphics Contributor
once again....

im surprised that noone has bitched about it being a duplicate thread about the same pictures in this forum.

im lookin forward to the new ones.
keep in mind that the pic is a 5.5 bed in scab options, its gonna look funky inthe spy shots. bad rake to it too

Old 05-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I dunno, I'm very excited about the 2009's myself, and don't mind at all seeing people posting or asking about the same things for the new truck. Since there's virtually no info at all yet, regurgitating the same few pics and staring them down while trying to guess what Ford will do, is all we have right now.

Let's just hope Ford has been listening to all these posts in the 2004+ forums the past few years, and taken everyone's suggestions and complaints to heart. The next 150 will never have everything that everyone wants, but as long as they take and fix the major issues they had with the '04+, and then add anything that they may have seen a lot of demand for, I'm sure we'll all be happy.

No heated/cooled cupholders, but a factory spray-in bedliner.
No vista roof, but an entire sliding rear window.

Those are just totally random examples I came up with, just trying to illustrate the point that no matter what they do or don't do, it'll still be better overall and it's certainly exciting to imagine what they are doing right now in its design.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
once again....

Good try but that is not it. That is just the current model with a different grille and headlight.

Last edited by kashifordf150; 05-31-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by kashifordf150
Good try but that is not it. That is just the current model with a different grille and headlight.

actually i added a lot of little details, like outside blinkers on the mirrors, new badges, wheels i designed, and the front is not exactly the same, there is no dip in the middle of it.

come up with something better yourself then you can bash my stuff.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm not bashing it. I'm saying that aint it.

Quick Reply: spy photos 09 150